Linus Torvalds is an Idiot. His linux operating system has been a

Linus Torvalds is an Idiot. His linux operating system has been a
complete failure since it was begun in 1991. It will never be accepted
by the computer world. Linus Torvalds has wasted all these years
designing a total failure operating system. Apparently Linus Torvalds
is mentally disturbed and needs to be hospitalized for mental
retardation. Anyone who uses Linux is also mentally retarded and should
join Linus Torvalds in his mental asylum ward.

If you use linux, seek help from a professional at any nearby mental
hospital. When you sign in at the hospital, be sure to tell them that
you're a loser who can not accept windows, which is used by NORMAL
people. Then tell them that you spend 20 hours per day, 7 days a week,
365 days a year trying to make this loser Linux OS work, and have still
never gotten it to work after years and years. Any professional will
know that Linux does not work, and never will. with any luck, maybe they
can help you after they pump you full of drugs, and force you to use a
REAL computer with Windows.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/7792685/Google-bans-Microsoft-Windows-on-office-computers.html
zdnet.com/article/the-truth-about-goobuntu-googles-in-house-desktop-ubuntu-linux/
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2007/05/microsoft-235-patent-specific-patent-infringements-in-linux/
howtogeek.com/183766/why-microsoft-makes-5-to-15-from-every-android-device-sold/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

,())))),
,()))))))),. THESE WINDOWS ,---,,,_
()))))))//((\ PSYCHOS SUCK ( ))
(\\( \))( \(/) HUHUH HUH HUHUH ( )
/( \\ / ( )
// _ \ (_(_(((( )
// \ / \ ( , \ )
\ (. . \ | / ) )
(, | ,) |\ / ( )
\ ^\/^ / HEH YEAH YEAH (.(.) S )
\ / THEY SUCK /_ \ )
\ (--) / HEHEHEHEH /__) ^ \/
\ -- / ____ |
\ __ / )______ |
| | \ |
__-|__|-__ __-\__|-__
( ) ( )
|_| |_| |_| |_|
| | | | | | | |

Fuck off, Bill. Go donate to charities you fag.

U r shite @ trolling reterd!!!

Linux: Have it your way.

>It will never be accepted by the computer world.
You obviously don't do any web work

>20 hours per day
What about the other 4 hours? Sucking dick?

Bumping, because at least a little effort went into this bait.

Well done, asshole!

Did you not install Linux right?

That is honestly an amazing description of windows 10

OP

>Apparently Linus Torvalds is mentally disturbed
His source control solution is he most popular in the world though

The bait is strong in this one!

no that's you hahahahahhhhhqhhqhhhh!!!

>His linux operating system has been a
complete failure since it was begun in 1991
>Runs almost the entire internet

trouble with older systems is they were easy to break into because everyone (mostly schools) shared everything. once the hackers grab all the "tools" they come and go as they please.

Every single big website runs on linux servers. There isn't a single exception to this rule.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

GOOGLE.

Yes, one of the companies using linux servers.

bait or retarded. either way, not worth arguing with.

Yup correct, they not only run their web services on linux servers, googlers use a custom linux distribution "goobuntu" as their desktop too.

NO YOU FUCKING DUMMY. THEY HAVE STATED NUMEROUS TIMES THEY DON'T, THEY USE IBM DEDICATED SERVERS RUNNING WINDOWS.

>
>NO YOU FUCKING DUMMY. THEY HAVE STATED NUMEROUS TIMES THEY DON'T, THEY USE IBM DEDICATED SERVERS RUNNING WINDOWS.
Lmao

They have literally banned it years ago

telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/7792685/Google-bans-Microsoft-Windows-on-office-computers.html

Nice try!

FreeBSD dude.

>enough is enough

stop sicking bill gates' cock

Fag

zdnet.com/article/the-truth-about-goobuntu-googles-in-house-desktop-ubuntu-linux/

THAT'S FAKE NEWS IDIOT.
GOOGLE USES A MODIFIED WINDOWS SYSTEM .MODIFIED WITH PYTHON YOU DUMB FUCK.

I don't really understand what you are hoping to achieve with this thread, this is really poor quality trolling, I'm wondering if the shit standard trolling is the real troll?

ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID? THEY DID AN AUDIT ON GOOGLE DATA CENTERS.

900.000 SERVERS , ALL RUNNING A MODIFIED WINDOWS, MODIFIED WITH PYTHON. WHAT'S SO FUCKING HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

All Google servers run linux

>use a REAL computer with Windows
>forgetting Microdick uses Linux for ACS and Hotmail originally used BSD
1/10 (I replied.)

..., no
While Linux is cheap to buy (free), it is expensive in the long run

Thanks, professor.

Stop saying retarded stuff, you don't modify an OS "with python", that doesn't make any sense to begin with. Secondly, google's tech stack is not secret, they run a custom OS called "Google Web Server" which is linux based.

This made me laugh really hard, OP. I too hate people who can figure out how to use Linux.

I am pretty normie and it took me about week to get my linux computer into state where it does everything i need (except the games, i guess).

My Windows PC was ready to use in shorter time, BUT i am noticing gimmicks, bugs and weird behavior accumulating over time and i will need to purge it.

So popping in a cd and clicking the next button in the installer a bunch of times was to difficult, I am surprised you managed to install Windows

>So popping in a cd and clicking the next button in the installer a bunch of times was to difficult,
If only it was that simple.
Installing something like LAMP can lead to much hair-tearing and tears.
"That version of PHP won't work with your scripts but it's the only one that apt-get installs".
We've hidden the config file to make it simpler. Thanks Debian.
And so on.

>I am surprised you managed to install Windows
Lol, last time i installed windows i wrecked my PC so bad i need to get new one. Fortunately, the PC i speak about in previous post came with windows already installed.

I know your pain all to well

Those gimmicks are just third party software that are bundles in because of the manufacturer.. If you don't want the stupid gimmicks download a clean copy of windows from the microsoft website lul

Linux is Windows at its core anyway...that's why all Android devices sold have to pay a fee to M$

>When u realise every super computer has a variation of linux
>When u find out most derivations are free
>When u realise this tread is low quality bait

It isn't though. This is a classic example of the "hurr durr I was only pretending to be retarded, jokes on you" troll. No one is getting mad.

Could it be...a quality post on Sup Forums?

I love trolls, please mister troll troll some more for us, so we can feed you more till your nice and fat

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2007/05/microsoft-235-patent-specific-patent-infringements-in-linux/

Microsoft think some of their patents have been infringed by similar software... hardly "windows at its core". I'm now amused, keep going please.

All you fags miss the BIG difference between a system core (or kernel), which can be roughly considered the driver for the CPU and organizing the data flow in the system and the full operating system.

Linux is the name of the kernel and it has SHIT to do with the GNU operating system. The Linux kernel drives all the Androids, many modern DSL-modes etc, when they really implement their own operating system on top of the kernel.

In fact the GNU operating system is a derivative of the UNIX system which was free ever since and which can safely be considered the standard in science and industry.

See, Microsoft tries to do it all in on big blop. This has benefits and downsides I don't want to debate here.
But the most important downside is, that the Microsoft operating systems are less tested than the eternal GNU solutions.

Which sucks big times when it comes to critical applications. Not so much when it comes to have a gaming system where no one would get hurt if you tolerate the blue-screen once in week or so.

howtogeek.com/183766/why-microsoft-makes-5-to-15-from-every-android-device-sold/

in shocking news, one of the biggest and oldest software houses has a lot of patents

Let's just assume for a second this isn't bait, and OP correctly said GNU/Linux instead of just Linux; GNU/Linux Operating Systems are capable of doing anything any other Operating System can do, and much better, to truly understand this you must experiment for yourself, as the beauty of GNU/Linux Operating Systems cannot be fathomed by mere words. If you say "what about muh gaymes", you clearly have never heard of GPU passthrough, and if you say "what about muh adobe", you clearly have never heard of Wine or PlayOnLinux, or anything else for that matter, because you're obviously a brainlet.

soft ware patents will be declared void soon.

Who can own a number?

There whole Android OS and Google Chromebook OS is linux based. Even Apple is at its core a linux kernal. Windows is the only OS that functions differently

can ubuntu do facetime?

> The FAT Patent
> The European version of this patent was recently ruled invalid by a German court.

>2018
>not using linux mint
LOL

We know this, we don't care we will call it Linux none the less, only an autistic person make such a fuss over something so insignificant.

t. brainlet, clearly you've never heard of VM's, and that's only if you'd need such proprietary software, which anyone with a brain would not.

>We know this,
Speak for yourself only.

Wow you stupid.

>Using FAT in 2018

> be me
> using an old usb 2 HDD I had
> copying a bunch movies
> not a single one worked
> realizing it was FAT
> feels bad man

> Companies pay a relatively small fee to avoid a long and costly legal battle against Microsoft's army of lawyers
if you think that means that linux is actually infringing on anything, you obviously don't understand

>be firefox user because muh open source freedoms
>be linux enthusiast
>be movie fan
>pay for netflix like a good citizen
>must use botnet browser to watch netflix on loonix
>mfw

>modified with python

Lose a couple of chromosomes please.

Python is a fucking scripting language, like java, ruby, lua etc. know something before you troll.

Btw, google’s cars are buicks modified with cookie dough, they’re not mitsubishis...

is this some new kind of autism?

go be 12 somewhere else kid, your opinion is not important

Only because github became popular. If it weren't for github, no one would want to use that confusing abomination of source control. The documentation makes no sense and expects you to use a command line. TortoiseSVN is far superior to git and stays out of your way which is what you expect version control to do. To be fair, git is at least usable if you're willing to use TortoiseGit.

oh, man. i was with you til you said SVN. ffs

Mercurial is what should've won the DVCS wars. Shame :(

work on your shitposting OP

wow, this is embarrassing to read

retarded OP is retarded

I've been using Ubuntu for a few years now. I used Windows for a while when I got a new laptop and it came pre-installed, but after the windows 10 upgrade and some of the subsequent updates, the thing has been so slow and miserable that I finally switched back to ubuntu. It's so much faster and better, I can't imagine ever going back.

My gf and my sister both use ubuntu on their laptop and it works just fine for them. I think you're causing the issues, sorry.

Linux is pretty much the same as Windows or Mac these days in terms of ease of use....except for one thing. Fucking copy+paste.

>copy url
>hightlight current url in address bar
>delete
>paste copied url
>deleted url was on your clipboard from hightlighting before delete
>rage.jpg

This.

>Yup correct, they not only run their web services on linux servers, googlers use a custom linux distribution "goobuntu" as their desktop too.

That's only partially true.
It's based on Linux, but it's modified to oblivion, to the point it's not recognizable any longer

And what you mean is ChromeOS, which will be replaced in a few years by FUCHSIA, completely own Kernel, open sourced, realtime, running everything from IoT's to mobiles, cars, laptops/desktops, servers.

>>not using a Chromebook w. enabled Containers
FTFY

Chromebook Pixel FTW