Is Trump tweeting too much or not enough?

Is Trump tweeting too much or not enough?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Command_Authority
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no you cuck he tweets and is connecting with the american people better than any president before him

he rocked 2018 -- stock markets at an all time high, and it's just going to get higher

I really don't care about Trump, his tweets or his country to be honest.

what dumbass drew this cartoon? im not even a trump supporter, but the president doesnt have a button he pushes, he has a set of codes that change every few minutes and he has to personally call joe dunford to tell them to launch. he's not like a monkey with a loaded gun.

found the jew

>sperging over a political cartoon

its just irresponsible fear mongering. I live in a democrat state, people actually think he can launch nukes whenever he wants at the click of a button with no chance of a mutiny from actual military people.

He needs to tweet more, needs to play more golf too.

Yea actually he can, if an officer won’t obey the order he/she will be relieved on the spot and their subordinate will carry out the order

actually the system is specifically designed such that the president can unilaterally launch nukes

You understand what a visual metaphor is, right?

no he actually cant. a simple google search proves you wrong.

a simple google search proves you wrong shit-for-brains:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Command_Authority

yea I do. but when people legitimately think he can go "oh kim jong whatever pissed me off, im gonna nuke them" then actually do it this becomes irresponsible leftist drivel.

Yea actually he can. Sorry user, when it comes to nukes Trump can pretty much do whatever the fuck he wants, lol

you fucking retard he can do exactly that and the only thing that stops it is insubordination in the chain of command

from your own source:
While the President does have unilateral authority as commander-in-chief to order that nuclear weapons be used for any reason at any time, the actual procedures and technical systems in place for authorizing the execution of a launch order requires a secondary confirmation under a two-man rule, as the President's order is subject to secondary confirmation by the Secretary of Defense.

which would obviously happen.

DOES HAVE UNILATERAL AUTHORITY

can you not fucking read?

He tweets, on average, 6 times a day, for a total of perhaps 8-10 minutes a day.
Each tweet gets approximately 2 hours of CNN airtime.

Not that user but I think there would be insubordination along the way. But I’m also pretty sure the Air Force and Navy has armed men who don’t give a fuck at nuke sites who will plug anyone who doesn’t do what the president says at the drop of a hat

read the rest of the sentence. no he technically does not have unilateral authority. read the rest of the paragraph from your own source if you want the rest of the details. he doesnt get to just nuke someone at will.

Yea he does. Lol

he doesnt, your own source says that.

Yea, I know. But Mattis does what Trump says, he’s the 2nd man

To be fair, you can't complain about people sending out irresponsible and potentially dangerous messages whilst also support Trump and his scaremongering.

i'm pretty sure trump mostly does what mattis says since trump has no relevant experience and he knows that.

yea you can. you can complain about both.

no it says he has absolute authority and your argument against that is that someone down the chain will disobey a direct order, ignoring the obvious fact that the COMMANDER IN CHIEF can just replace any disobeying officer.

Fucking retard.

THIS

Trump has surrounded himself with yes men for a reason, he doesn't tolerate people who disagree with him.

Hopefully no one on Fox and friends talks about how awesome unilateral nuclear war against our opponents would be.

yea, I think james mattis probably would disobey a direct order to use nuclear weapons under pretty much any circumstance. and I dont think trump would fire him, which he would have to do.

And yet he contradicts himself constantly. Guess he's gotta keep the court focused on his new clothing.

and then Trump fires him and replaces him with someone who will. you really don't understand how this works do you kid?

Ok you don’t get it: if Trunp wants to vaporize a fucking city, he is able to tell Mattis this is what’s about to happen and Mattis is going to comply. I’m not saying that would happen or is probably going to happen, I just said that is technically possible.

To your credit, in all likelihood, Trump will follow Mattis’ advise; hence if Mattis decides that a site needs to go then Trump will probably agree

>kim jong whatever

saying this just makes you look like a tool. everyone knows its kim jong un. its never helps you prove your point to purposely not know information.

Hopefully the military has been stocked in it's upper branches with men of character, none of which want a nuclear war on thier legacy.

Trump will get bored of the job and quit long before it comes to nukes.

I do understand that he could do that. he wont. the original point is that trump isnt in a position to just launch nuclear weapons at the push of a button without consultation from people considerably more experienced in military and foreign policy issues, particularly regarding nuclear weapons, than he is.

You were present for the last 21 months correct?

he'll fire them too dumbass, this isn't a guy known for restraint

no fucktard, he doesn't need to consult anyone. if he orders it, they must obey or be fired. PERIOD.

i didnt say I dont know information. if kim jong un is removed somehow the next guy will be named kim jong (something). that's how it works in north korea, the leader is always metaphorically the same guy with the same haircut and cult of personality. sorry you dont know much about north korea.

Well I guess Lt Cmdr. Shitforbrains will be the death of us all then. Lotta people to fire before he gets there though.

Trump is fucking dangerous, but not what I really think he is dangerous for.

yeah

yes, he does need to consult with the head of the pentagon.

Scary shit then isn't it. Like spaghetti thrown at a wall to see what sticks.

what you think is fucking irrelevant. a petulant child in the body of a spray-tanning geriatric can order nuclear war and nobody can tell him no

Liberals don’t get the whole chain of command thing. I did 8 years in the corps, if you don’t follow orders you get in trouble. But to liberals there’s no such thing as consequences for personal actions

no he does not. he orders it, they must execute

kim jong is their surname, the same way that john smith has a son name joe smith.it's not that complicated.

he orders it after consultation with the present head of the pentagon. he's not just going to call up james mattis while he's sleeping then say "hey nuke pyongyang" then mattis goes ahead with it without question.

oh shut the FUCK up, I'm a liberal and I'm the one telling him the POTUS can do whatever the fuck he wants with nukes.

oh and in case you forgot already, shut the FUCK up

Trump's tweets are reminiscent of FDR's fireside chats :^)

Pretty much, and the people that elected Darth Cheeto think he makes perfect sense. He ain't gonna nuke anyone, he knows it would make him look bad (which is a terrifying reason for preventing Armageddon).

he SHOULD do that but he is not required to do it. ffs you really are clinging to your incorrect facts aren't you?

and if kim jong un has a heart attack the next guy will take that surname, as he is carrying the torch of north korea. and that's probably a situation where we would be getting into a military conflict with north korea.

Wow! You’re really mad bruh?

i think i missed what you are saying. why did you ask if i've been present?

he is required to do that. he has nuclear codes, the head of the pentagon has to confirm the person giving him the codes is the actual president and not some hacker.

If FDR was my crazy uncle Scott who lives in a trailer with his girlfriend at the age of 67 that the family only tolerates at Christmas or when a opossum died in the crawlspace.

confirmation ain't consultation. different words, different meanings fucktard. Once it is CONFIRMED, they MUST act on it. There is no "consultation" you fucking idiot

Because for the last little spell not knowing about a subject has been a winning strategy. It's like the inmates running the asylum.

confirmation requires consultation you retard. plenty of people can do a damn accurate impersonation of donald trump.

Yes. That is what the Marine standing in the corner is for.

BLUMPF BTFO

oh okay, i get what you are saying.

in before miss click.

>impersonating the golden codes
oookay champ you just tipped your hands at being a fucking retard too ignorant to participate in this discussion

and once the consultation confirms authenticity? what then?

It doesn't have to be the Sec of Defense. The VP or any top cabinet member present can second.

then they go ahead and do it. the point of this whole argument which has gotten sidetracked is that the president doesnt just have some button on his desk where he can just launch a nuclear weapon at will, it's a bit more complicated than that, even if his word is the final word.

no second is required

>damage control
oh no you don't fucktard, you've directly argued he cannot launch nukes alone and he can. The button is a visualization of that fact you autistic fuck

This has only been done twice before each within 3 days, I don’t think Harry Truman had anyone else there to “confirm” the order, he just said “yep, drop the shit” and it magically happened. My point is that if Trump got on the phone right now to STRATCOM and said “yep, drop the shit” there wouldn’t be much after that except nuclear hell

Can he launch a strike “unilaterally”? No. He requires other people to carry out an order, so he can't just lean on a button and automatically the missiles fly. But he has the legal and political authority on his own to give an order that would cause other people to take steps which would result in a nuclear strike. That’s the system we currently have.

no he actually cant.

unilaterally he orders it and everyone downstream is fucking obligated to carry out the order. The ONLY thing preventing that is insubordination.

yes, he fucking can. once he makes the order, it must be carried out.

Do all liberals live in a state of perpetual denial? Yes, he really can

The piece you're missing is that in the process of doing this, it would raise lots of alarms throughout the system, so the chief of staff of the White House, the national security adviser, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff — they would all ask, “What’s happening? We just got this crazy order. What’s going on?”

If they were given reliable information that we’re really under attack, that something is really happening, then you would expect the order to be carried out. But if they’re saying, “We don’t know what’s going on. No one's alerted us," they would likely halt the process and get some clarity.

this isn't a liberal/conservative thing you fucking retard, it's just an idiot thing. fuck off you partisan hack

>guy defending trump is a liberal
hurrr

at this point i'm just copy pasting explainations from actual retired miltary leaders who know more than some dumbass on Sup Forums.

oh yeah the PROCESS is what is going to save us all from the president's absolute nuclear authority fucking idiot

Actually yes. It requires 2 codes. It is part of the confirmation process.

Well, the president has to give a lawful order, and that order has to be authentic and be seen as authentic, because it’s validated by a code that he has carried with him or near his person at all times. And that order has to pass through the chain of command, down to the subordinate elements where the nuclear weapons and the nuclear-tipped missile, the nuclear capable bombers, the submarines are. And that command would receive that authentic order and then launch accordingly.

Well, it depends on the scenario, but it’s true that the president doesn’t have to have his order OK’d by another person, that there’s not a two-man rule at the very top. The president alone makes the decision.

But the president alone cannot carry out the decision. That has to — that decision has to be carried out be many, many people further down in the chain of command.

So, for the question raised by General James Clapper’s concern, context matters. There’s ample opportunity for the rest of the system to put pressure, change the president’s mind under scenario of say preventive war, where the president and his team is trying to decide, do we launch an attack against a country before they cross some proliferation threshold. That was a decision that would take weeks or months, and they have plenty of opportunity for the president’s advisers to shape that decision.

I am former military, I whereof I speak.

nice, coast guard? national guard? i'm sure you know a ton about using nuclear weapons, considering how often theyre used.

yes but once Trump's order has been produced it must be followed, number of codes is fucking irrelevant

>still quibbling over the process
Trump has absolute, unilateral authority to order nuclear weapon usage and nobody can tell him no. Fucking accept that basic fact.

>samefagging this hard

technically that is true, but realistically if trump is having a hissy fit about whatever and he decides to launch a nuclear weapon it's pretty likely james mattis and joe dunford and other similar people would try to convince him to rescind the order before putting it through the chain of command. an actual nuclear launch would likely take some planning that includes more than just the president, though that planning may be 5 minutes of talking it out depending on the scenario.

In order to stop proliferation, he would be more likely to order a strike with MOABs than a nuke strike. Just like they did in the Wisterstan valley.

actually they can tell him no. they just cant prevent it from happening if he says yes in response to their no.

you're goddamn right that is true and your hope that his bootlickers might find a bit of spine is not very fucking comforting

yea, I also read the MOAB was the perfect bomb to destroy the underground tunnel system there, not exactly a replacement for nukes in that scenario.