Is the Dutch Angle the worst invention in history of cinema? Why is this still being used? It's really just not good...

Is the Dutch Angle the worst invention in history of cinema? Why is this still being used? It's really just not good, and it doesn't help convey a sense of unease or madness either. All it convey's is "holy fuck, the director/cinematographer or whoever directed this shot is retarded.", and makes me want to throw up.

Does Sup Forums like dutch angles?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/3235512
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>posts a good example of one

I like dutch ovens.

This. The dutch angles used in that scene convey a sense that something is wrong and builds tension well. You played yourself OP.

How can there be a good example of something that is shit by definition?

Most of the time it's poorly done and just looks like shit. You posted one of the good ones.

What is it specifically about the first mission impossible movie that makes it look so crisp? The colors really pop on it. I'm doing a shit job trying to explain myself but everytime I watch it, it looks even higher quality than stuff today.

Surely its the fade to black transition

>and it doesn't help convey a sense of unease or madness either
Well, I disagree.
I feel weird just by looking at your pic so I guess it works.

>not shakey cam
>not hyper cut editing

Why is everything Dutch so shit?

>Going Dutch
>Dutch oven
>Dutch courage
>Dutch angles

What the fuck did we do wrong except being swampjews?

Have you never taken a good shit? Feels amazing.

Yes it makes you feel uneasy, but not in an immersive way, more like in an "I'm going to throw up" way.

Well filmed
Well lit
Good transfer

De Palmas great at that.

Snake Eyes is kino, shut the fuck up, vimeo.com/3235512

>"I'm going to throw up" way.
That is immersive.

Dutch angles are actually german angles and have nothing to do with the netherlands or dutch people, which raises the question, why the fuck is it called dutch angle and not german angle?

I assume it's because in german the word german is "Deutsch" which sounds similar to what "Dutch" sounds like.

Agreed, it's fucking atrocious

It's actually because the entire country of Holland is tilted.

Fuck

>Dutch act
to commit suicide
>Dutch comfort
Things have been worse
>Dutch concert
Great noise
>Dutch defense
A sham defence
>Dutch generosity
Being a kike
>Dutch headache
Hangover
>Dutch widow
A prostitute

And the list goes on

Instead of "madness" i see it as paranoia... and only when it's a close up to someone's face.

anyways
Pic related has dutch angles every minute, I couldn't enjoy the movie because of that.

One faggot complaining on a Senegalese Windsurfing forum isn't "by definition"

>"Deutsch" which sounds similar to what "Dutch" sounds like.

Yes

It's the same reason some Germans in the usa are called pennsylvania dutch.

Yeah thats a common misconception

Lots of "Dutch" in the US are also from German decent. Most don't even know their own heritage and think they are Dutch although they are "Deutch".

t. Dutch wife's son

It's a tool. The tool is neutral. If a bunch of filmmakers don't know how to use it well (unlike De Palma), that doesn't make it a shit technique.

when used right they're a good way of depicting disorientating situations and emotions

>can't even copy a fucking insult

Good on ya

I like it when used properly, like in scenes were something horrific is revealed/happens.

For example
Brian DePalma used it in the staircase scene in Raising Cain, and it just takes you out of the movie because nothing happens.

Watch it, Dutchy.
>*insert Paulie's ring hand in the corner of op's pic*

Sometimes I wonder what it's like to be the kind of person who can only contribute to things or even communicate in the most recent forced meme.

>Why is it called Dutch instead of German?
Because it's shit

going dutch is better than being a cuck and paying for everything yourself

To be fair, its actually custom here and rightfully so. Ain't gonna tip either.

This is what 2014 Sup Forums wrought.

The thor flicks have one of the worst uses of this, made me hate it even more

I liked them in farscape

Is snake eyes that nic cage cop movie? Is it good? Had it in my list for awhile