What could possibly go wrong

What could possibly go wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/10/12/luke-cage-netflix-and-the-death-of-episodic-tv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dropped

Can't possibly be worse than the glacial slog of the first season.

What happened with the first director?

Eh it won't have that big of an effect.

are they good directors?

inb4 retarded 'they're women what do you think' Sup Forums-tier responses

RIP SEASON 2

Well a woman directed the first 2 episodes of S1.

JJ had more of a writing problem than a directing problem. Not enough story for a 13 hour series.

>Jessica Jones Season 2

For what purpose?

>Somewhere, people think this show is possible without Kilgrave.

>Not enough story for a X hour series.
Literally every Netflix show has this problem and I have no idea why they don't just cut back on the episode count.

And even if it somehow will be, it'd still receive 10/10 scores on every critics' site.
Maybe at least it will have a villain who's not as godawful as the purple faggot. Who am I kidding, though?

I really don't get them trying to push her as some kind of empowered female. She was literally a broken shell from trying to do heroics alone until she found a strong male hero to impregnate her and make her feel safe.

It's not like the direction in season 1 was anything to write home about. And direction is barely relevant to TV.

Say hi to Sup Forums everyone

Hi Sup Forums!

That's what I thougth too but I read this:
birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/10/12/luke-cage-netflix-and-the-death-of-episodic-tv
(didn't see Luke Cage, didn't care)
and it changed a bit my opinion.

There's not enough story and each episode is not really written like an episode, with a beginning and a logical conclusion that resolves stuff and opens things for the next one.

>No Kilgrave
>Coal burning
>All female directors

I didn't even bother watching past the first episode lmao

This time, JJ will capture her villain five times, and through incompetence he will escape five times.

This the entire plot of Alias was that she was NOT a strong female.

Some shows have a great direction.

>No Kilgrave
That's a pro not a con.

>only X will direct this X-related thing

i feel like this is done so if it tanks they can say "it's the market's fault since it was directed by X!" and if it succeeds they can say "see, we let X floruish, praise us!"

the race of whoever directs/writes/scores it mattering comes off as infinitely more racist than anything else to me. why does their race matter, what matters is that it's good. if a white writer is shit, drop him. if a black writer is shit, drop him. this is like media-based affirmative action, and as a halfie mulatto faggot, i don't fuck with this.

Really it took these niggas until Luke Cage to realize that?

What did you like about season one? For me, Killgrave was the only redeeming part.

Who is even going to be the villain? That's the big question.

>Coal burning
That's a pro not a con.

I agree, this subversive DMX agenda must be stopped.

who even cares about these non-canon shows

Probably will be Nuke and the government with Hellcat coming into her own.

We get it, you're a contrarian. Virtually everyone disagrees with you which is probably why you like shitting on him. Without Kilgrave JJ is utter shit with no redeeming quality whatsoever.

Disgusting.

what really matters is what ja-rule's agenda is.

Nothing.
I only got into it because people I interacted with told me it's a good psychological thriller/horror with the scariest villain they ever saw and since I love that AND capes, that sounded like something right down my alley.

After finishing that borefest I felt like I got scammed like a sucker and I didn't even pay for anything. Kilgrave was one of the worst things about the show.

Neat. I enjoyed season one even if it suffered from the same length issues that other Marvel Netflix series from. I'm more curious about who's going to be writing it and what direction it's going to take. Will it be full government conspiracy mode diving into how people with powers have gotten their powers like we were teased in the first season. Who is the villain going to be and will they be better than the garbage fire that was Diamondback?

Nothing that hasn't already gone wrong in this show.

From my point of view those terrible movies are non canon

Eh. Certainly not JJ.

Maybe if you took your head out of your ass you'd have a better point of view other than your own colon.

>hating Diamondback

His only problem was the climax of the story should have been at the club hostage showdown.

>liking the all ages Disney movies over the M rated shows

You have to be 18 to post here

Yea a few. Just none I can think of that are good at action or fight sequences.

>the shows are better because they're M rated
Ow the edge! I remember being 14 too.

Oh, it's you again. Ready to devolve this thread into another passive-aggressive butthurt mess because someone dared to criticize your shit show?

>direction is barely relevant to TV.

HULK THINKS THIS ARTICLE IS CANCER

>It's M rated so it MUST be good
Man, I miss being 12.

Funny enough, the first 2 episodes of JJ were the best ones

here's a pity (You)
you sound like a tool lmao

No, it's her investigating finally. She got the papers for who gave the drugs to Purple Man, Daredevil and her that gave them super powers. She's going to be hunting them down.

Lets hope for Roxxon

Is there ever going to be a point where stuff like this won't be "news"

wow so diverse

jesus, autistic mods actually moved the thread

Will every problem in the season be caused by a woman?

>muh lesbian divorce
>better let go of the villain

Has anyone tried to re-cut the Netflix shows into three hour movies or something?

Dead on arrival

Most shows change directors from episode to episode and nobody even notices. They're not the ones with creative control, show runners are.

Agents of Shield is better than any other marvel show. However it is on equal footing with the punisher parts on daredevil, but thats it.

Based mods.

And it's still shit.

nigga wut

ghost rider is also cool as fuck

It's shit.
Live-action capeshit was a mistake.

looks good to me

Well, it is a woman show so what's the problem?

>all women
Oh boy, it's gonna be Descent all over again.
>mediocre horror flick
>every critic is OMG BEST HORROR MOVIE EVER BECAUSE MUH ALL-FEMALE ACTORS' CAST
Except in this case replase "mediocre horror flick" with mediocre show and "actors' cast" with characters.
I guess what I want to say is, I sincerely hate each and every one of you faggots who told me that Descent was a good horror movie.

Still haven't watched the first season.

Descent wasn't bad though.

>every critic is OMG BEST HORROR MOVIE EVER BECAUSE MUH ALL-FEMALE ACTORS' CAST
And I never heard this kind of praise for it.

I liked Daredevil.

I liked Luke Cage

Punisher will probably be good

Iron Fist may also be good

>mfw i have no intention in watching this bitch do anything. The black guy fucking thing is not even it. It just doesn't look good

JJ is the weakest

will luke cage have all black directors?

What's the deal with netflix shows? 13 episodes and 59 minutes each one. That's what's my biggest problem with jessica jones they somehow make a 13 episode show drag a lot.

Kek

The Descent was directed by a man, and it was a good movie.

>Iron Fist may also be good
No chance in hell. Scott Buck is a showrunner.

It was awful, you faggots. I bet you think Paranormal Activity and Sinister are good too.

The first Sinister was good.

Honestly what can, season 1 was extremely underwhelming...

I rest my case.

What was exactly wrong with the first Sinister?

The fact that the only parts you can call horror are video-reels. Everything else is a shitty supernatural drama with obnoxious characters and a shitty villain.

Other thread is dead so repost

So some arguments I have seen already are that because they are women, that they will be able to present JJ clearer than a male could

But wasnt S1 critically acclaimed and the majority were men?

So?

It's not like it was a good show.

So they're pouring shit syrup over a turd. And?

It's telling you they're pouring syrup on a turd and then telling you that you're a bad person if you don't like it that's the problem senpai.

The stories that made JJ famous in the source material and inspired the show were also written by a straight white man.

>white
Bald fat Jew is not white, user.

Are there even 13 female directors?

Also, dropped.

>least interesting MCU property
>Ritter was grating as fuck in the role
>Tenant was the best and they killed him off
>stunt hiring of all female directors just underscores the fact that this will be pandering crap

Hopefully a lot more BBC and a lot more feminism.

Bendis?

Ask a black guy.

Yes, as effeminate and cucked as he may be, he is a straight white male. A neckbeardy one too.

Since this show was utter shit, are there any actually good psychological thriller/horror series with a female lead?

>caring about sjw capeshit in the year of our lord 2016

wew lad

So Bendis is neckbeardy?
Brian Michael Bendis, the writer?

Penny Dreadful is horror I guess.

Lookswise I guess.

He also has that arrogant whiteknightie attitude.

we should rate it with one star wo watching it

>Penny Dreadful
It had only one good episode and it was the asylum one.

The problem is two fold:

1-Actresses don't just play crazy or threatening characters, they feel a need to throw in the whole GRRRRR! I'M TOUGH! posturing that makes it difficult to take them seriously. Take Ritter in Jessica Jones: she overplays this "tuff gurl" role to the point where you're just watching the capeshit equivalent of a bitchy teenager.

2-Studios don't want to "ugly up" their actresses. Take note that whenever you see a gritty female role, she won't have any cuts or bruises...whereas a male in the same type of role usually sports a black eye or a gouge of some type by the end of the movie. There's also the PC aspect: writers and directors are so cowed about presenting a "crazy woman" that they bend over backwards to give some kind of depth to the situation that isn't needed...at the expense of the work as a whole.

Tl;dr - Everyone wants to be/direct Ripley, but no one really wants to be/direct Ripley.

Yes, the writer Brian Michael Bendis.

i heard the exorcist is actually good, dont know if the lead is a woman

The lead is the priest.

that was the main issue I had with the directing in season 1. The action scenes were fuck-awful, and they're pretty important to a superhero story.

If you dropped it means you pick it up at some point.