Trump wants to kill the Delta Smelt

How could you allow this fish to die, Sup Forums? All animals have souls and its the man's burden to keep them perpetually alive. You stupid apes want to kill them off just to end the California drought. Sad!

#scalylivesmatter

Other urls found in this thread:

moonbattery.com/?p=57406
youtube.com/watch?v=BRUSqO8fObU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck that fish, just catch a bunch and put them in a tank if you want to save them.

Wow, really makes you think. I am now a #TrumpChump

I had a feeling california only had a drought because they were using their water for retarded shit like trans rights or illegal neon fish.

>Preventing extinction is less important than lower almond prices
Thanks for showing us the way, Mr. Goldberg.

Drought is a measure of precipitation--it has nothing to do with how the water is used.

>All animals have souls and its the man's burden to keep them perpetually alive.
>extinction is a natural process
Fuck you nigger, life has survived a massive meteor strike that killed off everything in the planet but the most fit to survive, life has emerged stronger out of extinction level events at least 7 times, and it will most likely do it again if we all just die off tommorrow.

Everything you believe is a lie.

Did this fish actually help in any way?
Like does it eat some parasitic bug or something special?
Is the drought in California really over a useless species of fish so small it wouldn't make a good snack?

Well, Sup Forums, which would you rather save? A rare species of fish or Californians?

>protecting a gay fish that we don't even eat
>not harvesting delicious almonds
You seem like the kind of fag that doesn't even activate your almonds.

>A survey in April 2015 found only one individual delta smelt.
>all this for some faggot fish that's already extinct in the wild

I'm normally all for conservation efforts, but this is stupid.

The fish has no purpose.

Is it tasty?

ACTIVATE THE FISH

put that way, the answer is obvious

#scalylivesmatter

>Is the drought in California really over a useless species of fish so small it wouldn't make a good snack?
Of course not. Drought is defined by the amount of rainfall a place gets. How you use water does not have anything to do with whether or not a drought is occurring.
>Did this fish actually help in any way?
>Like does it eat some parasitic bug or something special?
Yes: fish eat things.

Are you suggesting that it is acceptable to cause the extinction of any species we cannot immediately identify the causal benefits to human beings of?

THIS IS NOW A SMELT THREAD
POST RARE SMELT

>no purpose

yeah, i'm sure the larger fish we eat don't need small fish to eat

>water for millions of cucks + illegals
>or water for endangered species of fish

yeah, I took the guppie pill. Pretty obvious which side to support

Truly we have reached the apex of shitposting.

>white men have caused every animal extinction in the last billion years
>white men literally control the weather
>because cracka-ass cracka white devil magic!
>wewuz fish

fried smelt reporting

They are protecting the fish's ecosystem which is even more valuable than the fish itself. It's basic ecology guys.

Let's just feed the large fish with corn.

No, it was almonds + retarded conservatives who think "hurr durr water literally falls from the sky how can we possibly run out?"

>at expense of farmers
These are lefty tactics, hurr fuck farmers durr.

How about at the expense of everyone who needs food and water?

>Are you suggesting that it is acceptable to cause the extinction of any species we cannot immediately identify the causal benefits to human beings of?
Thats how natural selection works. If a species can't survive, it goes extinct. That's how it has been since the beginning of life and what happened to 99% of all species that were ever alive. So unless this fish serves some greater ecological purpose, there's nothing wrong with letting Darwin's laws have their way.

Yes. If a species doesn't serve a purpose to humanity it should be culled.

By existing we change ecosystems, if you want true conservation kys

moonbattery.com/?p=57406

Can't we just scoop them up and put them in an aquarium?

They won't be extinct, and will probably be much happier than in the wild where they get devoured by almost anything larger than themselves.

It can be alleviated with infrastructure

Mang fuck fishes. Fishes are piece of shit animals.

If I could kill every fish in the fucking world at the same time without destroying based animals like rapist dolphins, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Fucking fish.

> Which would you rather save? A rare species of fish or Californians?
If you want to save the fish :
Post #scalylivesmatter

Yea the large fish that eat the abundance of the delta smelt.

They serve no purpose. They're only important because they're endangered.

Either way, California is full of idiots. Dumbasses that think it's a good idea to grow produce in a desert.

Fuck that, feed them almonds.

Yeah, you and your Snail Darters, and Spotted Owls, and Buzzards, all the other animals (and plants) that were supposed to go extinct if something happened to threaten your property values and tax status.
We went over this during the Carter administration.
Its almost as if the EPA has turned into...dare I say it? ...a warm pink fuzzy version of the IRS?

Central valley farmers switch to growing massive amount ms of tree nuts that are mostly exported to china. These trees use far more water than basic fruits and veggies. Fuck short sighted corporate farmers.

The smelt are a main food source for wild salmon, a much more important food crop than pistachios for the chinese.

Yeah why the fuck are they growing almonds in the desert when we have places like Florida and Louisiana that are wet as fuck

What you are saying is not relevant. The claim is "California is suffering a drought because of a fish!"

That is flatly-wrong. There is simply no truth to that claim, of any kind. It is factually incorrect, bordering on incoherence. Drought is a measure of precipitation. It has nothing to do with whether rivers are diverted for agricultural uses.

The two have nothing, at all, to do with one another.

>we should permanently, irreversibly cause the extinction and depletion of our natural resources in order to temporarily decrease the price of certain food-stuffs
You guys are fucking idiots.

farmers are welfare queens and whiny bitches, only cucks cry tears for them.

>it's another "shithead polacks don't understand how agriculture, drought, and the water cycle work" thread

You myopic fuck. Congratulations on identifying the definition of drought. "Suffering from" is another part of that sentence. Infrastructure can change that "suffering from" part through the use of reservoirs and more efficient uses of water.

>myopic

Right? What a limited world-view I have, where I think that protecting naturally replenishing ecological systems is more important than alleviating a temporary problem affecting the price of broccoli and nuts.

the smelt lobby ruins everything
they put millions of fishermen out of business
stan rogers wrote a song about it before dying in a "mysterious" plane fire
youtube.com/watch?v=BRUSqO8fObU

Why aren't they removing these fish from the wild and breeding them in captivity if they care about the conservation of the species so much? Seems more like a deliberate attempt to stir controversy instead of helping conserve the fish species.

So the white man's burden? These are strong independent fish who don't need no colonial overlords.

I studied Plant Sci. in central CA and in those ecology classes people would argue that it is endemic/native/a symbol of the drained sacramento delta/etc but there was never a really good (ecological or economical) reason on why we need this fucking pump trapped feeder fish. It definitely isn't a good thing to lose natives and have them replaced by invasives but this industry is an essential part of CA/US economy.

And trust me, you don't want all that shit from china or mexico.

Never mind, apparently the fish is a pussy that can't survive very well outside of its natural habitat.

>waaah muh sardines!

Just import some new smelt fromwhere else if they die off. Or start a delta smelt farm

It's not about the species of fish. It's about our environmental laws, and whether we want momentary convenience to trump sustainability.

We do not, even if some people are too dumb or greedy to understand that.

but it's not. Nobody is being deprived of the water they need to survive, and you aren't going to die because you can't get enough almonds.

Are these fish needed ta keep the planet going? If so, why are they doing that job?

What’s that animal doing, what’s the fish doing?

Everyone’s panicking about the almonds dying out, but what’s a smelt doing? Every time I see a fish, it’s on its ass doing nothing. It’s not like it’s having kids. Well leave him! What would happen without the fish?

That’s all I’m saying. It’s just looking at nature; it is amazing, but what’s it all doing? Do we need everything that’s on here?

>muh almonds
I support almond farmers over lefty fucks.

That's only because you're an idiot.