In a home defense situation, would you rather get sprayed with 26 rounds of...

In a home defense situation, would you rather get sprayed with 26 rounds of .22lr or take one round of birdshot to the chest?

a good lawyer

Am I the intruder here? I’d rather rob some libtard “guns are for fags” house instead

In a home defense range birdshot isn't a spray, it's a loose slug.

Birdshot all day long.

I would rather strict gun laws so this wouldn’t happen in the first place

so you choose no gun but instead a telephone to the 1st class citizens allowed to have guns? Odd choice.

Birdshot, even 12ga but better if 410

>now if you said buckshot... 22lr

*Guenhwyvar pounces on you from behind*

Roll

In a perfect world, yes. But in the real world I assure you that if you are ever in a situation (like a home invasion) you'll be wishing you had one.

When guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns.

nah man, you need guns to enforce gun laws.

semen

Id take a birdshot. i own a 22 lr and that thing can can enter your stomach ride around tearing your guts apart and never making an exit wound.

ITT: people who don't understand how shotguns work

Birdshot obv

Dont feel like goggling it but Id say 22 pistols kill more than any other gun in a domestic type situation. That pullet goes in does a tornado in your brain and wont come out. A 40 cal is in and out

birdshot

obviously 40 cal point blank in your face will kill you

>im a retard and have never shot a gun irl

.22 pistols kill more because there's an order of magnitude more of them because they're cheap and jamal can't afford quality. .22LR will probly kill the fuck out of you but maybe it'll be stopped by your clothes.

Dude i own a walther 22lr pistol and and glock 40

even if the shot acts like a slug, you might, just might survive if hit in a non critical area.
26 .22lr shots on the other hand is almost guaranteed to hit something important

this guy is totally correct!!1!!

26 rounds of 22lr because you're certain you're going to die. However, with birdshot, even 6 shot; you can still survive. If I'm being shot, I better be shot to death.

Im talking torso shots. Id rather take my chances with a 40 hitting me missing organs and going out the back than a 22 that will move so much in your body once it enters

not shot and live through it?

that's not how it works though

>(you)

Thats exactly how it works. what was 50 cent shot 9 times with. wasnt a 22

Hell no. That costs too fucking much. One ride in an ambulance is already over 1000 bucks. I don't want to live owing someone money because they saved me.

The .22 will have less energy and will bounce around less on the same path that a .40 would. The .22 will penetrate less where a .40 would penetrate. Projectiles don't magically retain more force by being weaker.

but obama gave everyone free health insurance...

im out of this cancer fuck boys

Birdshot, at least I would be a tad more fixable than having 26 holes patched up.

ayyeee

When you're in the hospital, you're not working. When you're not working, you don't have an income. Plus, the fucking bordem. I was int he hospital for 6 days and even that was boring as hell.

u shoulda got that insurance for when you cant work. you can buy it from that duck on tv.

What kind of clothing is going to stop a bullet. Well, Jamal's bling might...

The real question is, would you rather take one 22lr or birdshot to the calf at point blank

Alright. Another point. You're most likely going to be paralyzed in some way.

Actually the real question is would 26 diamond .22lr bullets be able to pierce a wall made of bird shot. What if the wall was also moving towards the bullet at the speed of sound?

Well .22LRs generally fire .22shorts which are probably less force than modern pellet guns. Most .22LR ammo is the ultimate cheap out stuff so no focus on force. There's also a huge quality problem in most .22 ammo so you're never really sure what the round will do. Misfires are an inevitability, too.

That doesn't mean you should shoot yourself with .22 to build up a resistance just that it is the actual worst option except nothing.

What made you believe fudd myths?

I'll agree with you there. .22lr is nice for plinking but I wouldn't trust my life to it. Have you found a reliable brand of .22lr? I've been using Standard Plus with good results.

Cci, minimags are nice. Stingers are nice. Standard are nice.

I have to use 410 now.
Otherwise it would be pure 12ga
If I use a .45 where I live and how the houses are built, it would go tough 5 houses
410is like shooting a 22lr. It’s pointless

>entire country enacts strict gun laws
>almost no law-abiding citizens own guns
>criminals obtain guns anyway through lillegal means because they're criminals and by definition don't give a fuck about the law
>said criminals break into your cucked house with their illegally obtained firearms
>you are completely powerless
???
>you're ded and wife is raped and your TV is stolen

if you're into this stuff as a hobby you can make a perfectly reasonable firearm for like $15 in a garage. some legal loopholes exist where cowboy guns and other antiques don't count as guns under the law, so those are still going to be everywhere, too.

Even without powder firearms shit like crossbows or airguns will exist and are still pretty fucking deadly and stupid easy to use.

You're more than likely gonna be dead or wish you were dead in either situation so I really don't give a fuck

/thread

why the fuck would you make a grease gun for home defense?

>unable to get it registered
>probably illegal in most states
>a judge/jury won't like that you shot your home intruder with a homemade gun

birdshot

Never even meant for defense, just another fact of life that keeps it impossible to ban guns. I don't know who wouldn't make grease guns for a hobby though.
>registered
>illegal
>states
Judge/jury won't ever hear about someone who got shot instead.

You're retarded. At 21 feet alone, birdshot will already expanded to a 13inch grouping, even with a choke. Even just a heavy coat can stop birdshot enough to the point of getting shot with a BB gun is more worst. If you took the same birdshot and made wax slugs, now that is totally different.

Seriously, go google/YouTube it, enough research has been done to show that even ten feet away, birdshot is worthless.

Never said it wasn't shit,

>Well .22LRs generally fire .22shorts which are probably less force than modern pellet guns

birdshot 100%... fuckin 22lr will go through you and out the other side... 26 shots you're dead... birdshot is weak shit you'll probably live... 26 blasts of 22lr to the chest and your ass is toasted