How do I know if I don't have a dry socket after wisdom tooth got extracted?

How do I know if I don't have a dry socket after wisdom tooth got extracted?
Been almost 48 hours
first day after the extraction it hurt so much, I took so many painkillers
the next day it hurt much less and only a little throughout the night
today it really doesn't hurt, just feeling my cheek is a bit swollen

I'm worried that maybe I can still get a dry socket, is it still possible even if it doesn't hurt at all now?

dry socket is extremely painful.
whiskey helps ,go back to dentist for anti biotics

you obviously didn't read any of my post

Dental fag here!

If it doesn’t hurt don’t worry.

Dry socket often smell like shit...

Well didn't they schedule you for a follow up appointment? I would wait about a week and if unless your in pain back there still, you're fine.

You would know if you had a dry socket, it hurts like a mother fucker,

Keep swilling out your mouth with warm salt & water. This will help stop any dry socket/infection happening. Also, If you have one you will know [intense pain & rank smell]

Only 48 hours? Don't be a pussy. It's usually about a 4+ days that you will figure that out. It will hurt like you got kicked in the face.

I got 4 teeth yanked, a cavity filled and dental bone grafts put in at the same sitting. You have nothing to worry about

Only stupid poor people get dry socket.

well I paid like $1000 to have these 2 teeth pulled out in a private clinic
So I hope everything will be okay

Actual advice? Go see your fucking dentist instead of asking here

I didn't have any pain after mine were pulled...as long as you aren't using straw, smoking or drinking alcohol you should be fine

i had a 4 hour extraction and the guy said mine was the worst hes ever done. It was really fucking awful i had 3 dry sockets. Youll be able to see within the hole down to the jaw bone. It will also be the most painful throb youll ever have

I was smoking the same day after I got 2 of mine pulled. No discomfort what so ever

Why are people so fucking retarded when doctors tell them not to do something?

If your blood clots and your not 50 you're fine.

If on the other hand you have pain that even pain killers cannot stop that makes you wish for death itself, you may have dry socket

>TL;DR you'll fucking know

Dry socket is basically cancer pain bro.

>$1000
Nigga do you not have fucking dental insurance?

I do, I just prefer a private clinic
doing well financially so why not

You're just getting a tooth pulled, not getting treated for cancer or having serious surgery done etc where you want the utmost best.
$1000 is just overkill.

not an overkill imo
I fucking hate pains, I'm serious, I'm a pussy when it comes to pain
I take so many painkillers when I have headaches so I'm not going to suffer when money can solve it..
but you're right in general, $1000 is expensive for a fucking tooth pulled out

it was 4400 dollars to have mine surgically removed

Let me guess..you live in America?

yep...I had to pay like 200 bucks out of pocket

Tilt your head when you eat so food stays away from the side where they were extracted. If you had only one side xtracted that is

Pour liquids into mouth throat. Do not suck. Do not use straws. Do not sip. The suction will pull out your clots and cause dry socket

No smoking!!!! No. Smoking.

No hard foods. No doritos. Only soft foods, bpiled eggs whites, pudding, untoasted soft bread. Gettingbfood particles in blood sockets and tryingbto remove food particles got a friend to have dry socket because theu swalloed their blood clot.

Okay, when you have your wisdom teeth pulled, what's left behind is a cavity in your jawbone, the "socket." The socket fills with blood, which clots, promoting tissue regeneration so it can fill in, as well as keeping the nerves covered so it doesn't hurt. "Dry socket" occurs when this blood clot becomes dislodged, which can happen for various reasons.

Long story short: if you had dry socket, you'd fucking know it. Just chill out. You'll be in the clear after a week and a half to two weeks.

Tongue that shit, if your Dr. did it right, you will feel a flesh-flap like cover over the hole. If it feels more like a hole filled with saliva, you may have ruptured the suture and will have an open wound. It will hurt like a mother fucker closer to what you felt the first 24hr.