Can we discuss Modest Mouse

I love this band. I never come to Sup Forums so I was curious about what you guys think about them?

Also any other indie alternative bands like MM?

Hi newfriend. We love Modest Mouse, but the album you posted is just okay. The best MM albums are the first 3.

OP here, this is unironically my favorite album. It's the first one I listened to. However, We Sank the Ship is a close second.

ugly casanova

>We Sank the Ship

have you ever tried listening to any of the first three?

Yeah I love almost all of their music. After Good News it kind of went downhill

You know what I meant user

as for their recent stuff, they were really inluencal to landfill indie rock of the late '00s. however their contemporaries put out some great albums. try

Built to Spill - Keep it Like a Secret (it's almost a meme to compare these two artists, there's a thread right now about it)
Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
Radiohead - OK Computer
The Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I
Pavement - Wowee Zowee
R.E.M - idk I say listen to everything
and hell Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation while you're at it

oh and check out The Smiths, their guitarist played on We Were Dead and you can really tell

just joshin my guy

>you will NEVER, EVER see edit the sad parts live

I think you mean after LCW it went downhill, TM&A is allright but mother of God is everything past that awful

Sup Forums is probably the most genuine board on Sup Forums. Music just has the power to evoke happiness.

aw you guys

Thanks dude. I'll check them out. I'm always trying to find new music.

Do you like Passion Pit? They have a pretty good indie alternative vibe

Brand News new album is very MM esque

Holy shit I'm sold on R.E.M. already.

eh, they're fun but I'm not really into it. too glitzy, I'm never in a passion pit mood.

hell yes, their discog keeps on giving

Check out Apologies to the Queen Mary by Wolf Parade. It was produced by Isaac Brock

Go away

this is bs but everyone here likes MM because everyone here is a self-loathing piece of shit like Isaac Brock i guess

Lonesome Crowded West is the greatest album of all time, and Isaac Brock is the greatest songwriter of all time