Album rate thread

template

Love that album, decided to compare

Beautiful template, will be using it more often

This album screams 7.5. It's all over the place and I feel like the run order is completely wrong.

now compare to the GOAT

Good.

One thing I feel about this album in particular is that it needs to be seen in the bigger picture, as part of an ongoing story that stretches across their past albums. It is a bittersweet, flawed but heartfelt conclusion. And most importantly, it's positive. It's overcoming and self-accepting. It's optimistic. It's the story of someone who, after years of turmoil, finally overcomes his inner demons.
And that is fucking beautiful.

This template is really old and used a lot on this board

lmao

this album has 17 tracks user

this thing is in fact beautiful

>golden years rated higher than stay

I was listening to this the day me and my ex broke up and now i cant listen to it anymore i cant even stand see this cover in front of me

hold on I'm getting to that one

Mind you I say this as someone who payed through the nose for the LP, I love this album. I just don't think it's as fleshed out as some of their other output and could have used a lot of "polish".

My other posts

Was this done by an autist?

Why's it so good, lads?

Checking in

Me:

Ignore Ocean Man

woah, why don't you like Mr. Lonely? That's one of my faves on the album, great frank ocean feature, and nice melodious hooks.

Very cheesy, Tyler's falsetto's pretty shit, and the rap barely fits over the instrumental
Not for me
Obviously loved earlier parts though, even songs with similar feels
It just seemed poorly executed compared to those

Disgusting

white pepper is absolute garbage, every song sounds like they forgot they needed an album until the last minute, so they tried and failed at being cheap imitations of themselves last minute

except flutes of the chi, of course, which is beautiful

There, that's all of Ween's studio discography

>garden shed that fucking high
fanbase is full of dicksuckers

accurate but 911 and November are 9-10s

BITCH FUCK

NANI?

>Gaydiohead

Ended up being the same score as Dear lol. I love the 'Akuma no Uta' tracks on this LP so much that I can't bring myself to give it any less than a 9 overall.

Why would you give this a fucking 10 Lmao? Literally only one track reaches the level of a ten. I know an album is more than just a collection of tracks but that just seems ridiculous

>Papyrus
I'd say yes

My second favourite Boris album, only topped by Flood which someone else already rated exactly as I would.

Fuck, Farewell was meant to be a 10 and average score 9, oh well.

inflated ratings general

Sometimes you just like an album user, nothing wrong with that

yea looks like everyone itt REALLY LOVES every single album they rated. 9s and 8s getting shitted out. except for that one ween album

I have plenty of not-so-highly-rated charts. It's just easier to do with favourites since you're more familiar with them

These would be a lot better if you just included the track names somewhere. How am I supposed to know what the 5th song of a certain album is?

That's because everyone probably wants to rate their favourites.
This. Why create drama by rating an album just to shit on it?

Here's a template for you. Tracklist goes at the bottom

pretty much agree except I love Sleeping Bear, Sault Ste. Marie

same except I really like They Are Night Zombies and don't love the title track

holy inflated rating batman, the only defensible 10 is The Owl and the Tanager.

There's a missing 9 in between all those other 9's at the end

Have this.

oh wow man you really got him haha! BTFO!!! LOL!!