Who here /alcoholic/?

Who here /alcoholic/?

We can have a general thread but I wanted to ask some questions.

I'm trying to quit but I can't stop fuckin shaking and I'm afraid I'll have a seizure. I read that benzodiazepines work and I do have some. Is that the way to go in your experience? How much trouble am I in right now? I can't walk correctly either.

I've never experienced the shakes this bad before.

Other urls found in this thread:

hams.cc/taper/
boards.420chan.org/drank/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

It's getting harder to type lol

How long have you been not drinking?

I take Solpadine when I'm having nights off it. But I think I'm probably addicted to them too.

I've been tapering off before but only a day has passed without a drop. Just the amount of shaking is scaring me. I'm having weird problems with body temperature too. Under the blanket is too hot and outside is cold.

20m. I have only drank two times in my life last month mainly vodka

First time full on pussy
Second time buying my own shit

Surprisingly I can keep my brain
But I feel hungover for 3 whole days. Skinny guy. Just my body can't handle it

dont go cold turkey user. its very dangerous. if you're going to quit you need to reduce gradually. probably with some medical assistance if you have a serious habit.

I've been getting vodka with less and less of a percentage. It helps because yesterday I was shaking even worse. But I thought the shaking would stop. It's never been this bad.

Be careful trying to cut down too much without medical supervision op, withdraw can be fatal. Also be careful with the benzos, they do help with seizures but coming off of those can make you seize too. I'm not one to encourage drinking but sometimes it's better to stay on enough to keep dts away until you can talk to a medical profession or rehab center (if only for advice)

Good luck bro once you get clean just hold strong and life gets 100x better

You should talk to a doctor. Withdrawals can kill you. Cold turkey can kill you.

so clearly you are binging on something like vodka or whiskey or spirits, anyway

start by having a couple of beers for a couple of days, slowly reducing the quantity
if you have somebody you can really trust, ask them to keep your credit card for a couple of days, only keep a small amount, this way you can't spend more and more
eat something fat and spicy
you should be fine if you don't return to spirits
develop a plan, find something to keep you busy

only and ONLY binge for one or two days in case you have something to celebrate

it will fuck you up, I've went through a lot because of it

I have worked in homeless services for over ten years and have seen a lot of people with alcohol and drug dependency. I wouldn't recommend taking benzos and drinking is a BAD idea.
Would be better to go to your doctor in the morning and ask for help to quit in a more supervised way.
Also consider alcoholics anonymous.

Cold turkey quitting with violent tremors means you have a 10% chance of dying.

I did the same thing you're doing and lived. Couldn't sleep on night one and shook so bad wife took me to hospital next day. 0/10 experience.

I'd do something different. Taper off a little more gradually. Just make sure you actually do taper off and don't relapse. Keeping a log/journal helps with this.

I now enjoy drinking moderately on the weekends only. It gets better but that first 30 days is hell no matter what. Good luck!

There's been a lot of research done on the use of psychedelics in treating alcohol addiction over the last 40 to 50 years. LSD has been shown to be extremely effective. But if you're heavily addicted you're going to need medical assistance, since delerium tremens carries a 1 in 3 chance of death if you go cold turkey without medical intervention.

using drugs to get out of alcohol tho... wouldn't that be just changing the substance you are addicted to?

Do your own reading on the subject. Some of the results have been quite remarkable. Anecdotal evidence from clinical trials have shown a complete cessation of alcohol cravings after a *single* treatment with psychedelics, mostly LSD but also psilocybin and MDMA.

The shakes are caused by a lack of a depressant in the nervous system. Basically you're going a little haywire because your brain's overexerting itself like it did when you were drinking. It's like when you pick up a suitcase you think is full, but you end up flinging it into the ceiling because it's actually empty.

Benzodiazepines help but don't self-medicate with them. Use a prescription. And for god's sake don't mix benzoes with alcohol -- you will regret it.

Realistically you'd want to be under medical supervision. If you live in Freedom Landâ„¢ and medicine isn't something you can afford, get yourself some sports drinks with electrolytes, eat your fruits and veggies to make sure you're getting your vitamins and minerals. And try to be active, but don't try something you could hurt yourself on (bench press comes to mind).

If you're experiencing delirium then you should go to a hospital. You can actually pass out and die if it's gone way across the line, although more likely you'll do something like take your benzoes but take fifty times the dose and then case it with vodka because you're literally out of your head.

Stay strong. You'll make it. It's temporary, just like pulling a splinter or cutting out an ingrown nail.

Fucking cut down first or you'll have a fucking seizure dude. Go to the doctor, he'll advise you but from at you but at least you won't die from the shakes otherwise known as delusional tremens.

I would but I'm moving to start a new job. I can't sit in a rehab yet. But I know you're right. I'm not going to take the benzo.

I just want to let you know that you're loved and you're going to get through this. Whatever struggle you're going through, you're not alone.

I am in the same boat user but I am tapering with beer. You absolutely HAVE to adhere to a taper schedule otherwise the cycle just keeps repeating itself. Check out this guide:
hams.cc/taper/

Go to an AA meeting
I got 50 days sober from the disease of devil alcohols

/ck/ has the best alcohol threads btw

>wouldn't that be just changing the substance you are addicted to?

You might be right but I've tried almost everything and all I like is alcohol.

boards.420chan.org/drank/

better advice, honestly

>MDMA

Op here...actually a co worker gave me molly for my birthday to try. Is that different from mdma?

Be strong bro. You're doing it for yourself and the ones you love and the ones you will love. Accept your suffering as a redemption for your sins. Be strong bro.

Lorazepam is good for getting rid of shakes. You have to be careful not to use it too much or it won't work anymore. I had the same problem when I quit but after a week you'll be fine.

>If you live in Freedom Landâ„¢ and medicine isn't something you can afford, get yourself some sports drinks with electrolytes, eat your fruits and veggies

Actually my healthcare is free because I make under 25k. But yeah I know we have that reputation. And I do have gatorade and bananas.

And I'm too afraid to mix benzos and alcohol anyway. I'm only considering drinking beer to taper off. Thanks.

:3

I have 1mg here but I'm not going to take it. The shakes stopped for now.

You don't want to just pop random drugs which may or may not contain the substances you think they do, in random quantities. Do some reading yourself on the dosages used in clinical trials for treating alcoholism; they're generally much smaller than recreational doses.

Well I'd like to say it's not random. She knows where to get it and does it herself. But I'll look into it more.

>Cold turkey quitting with violent tremors means you have a 10% chance of dying.
How close to dying are you when you are having panic attacks and hallucinating because I've done that. Lot's of fun.