Who would win?

Hey, Sup Forums, who would win: a crippled American tank with limited ammo and five war weary soldiers or two hundred plus radical German SS special forces soldiers with only small arms and some explosives/RPGs during a night fight?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/23r7iq/what_was_the_difference_between_the_nazi/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Bastogne
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy#European_Theater
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Who would win
The Jews

First off, are we talking modern American tanks here?

shaya la bouff

The jews

Look at the pic related for context, Pablo.

>Movie actually portrays 3 shermans getting wrecked by a tiger
>Durr hurr this isnt realism enough

Hollywood movie mother fucker, cry more about a few inconsistencies when /k/ approves of this.

please kys

Shhh. I know what I'm talking about. We've been trolled with that before in /k/.

Is it in an urban area or in a field ? This matters since tanks have a low visibility and without infantry support tanks like the sherman are suicide booths.
But in both cases the germans would win, since in ww2 they were the most experienced ones with this kind of warfare.

What's two hundred against freedom and nation under God?

its an action film... its not supposed to historical correct.

shitty film though.

>implying the sun isn't a Jew
Good Goyim

>Good Goyim
The jokes on you, I haven't seen the sun nor left my basement in months

>falling for the subterranean Jew
Pssh you might as well fight for Isreal

>not having a tinfoil lined bunker
They've already gotten to you

Didn't Brad Pitt already star in a nazi hating movie?

>surrounding yourself with the metallic kike

Might as well gas yourself while you're at it

Wasn't this movie based on a real story?

I read a comment by a WW2 Sherman veteran who thought the final scene of that movie was fucking retarded. He said that an elite SS division would simply flank and destroy it with virtually no casualties.

Good for him for having some modicum of respect for his enemy's abilities.

Nvm, it is based on a collection of true stories from veterans.

>gas yourself while you're at it
Sheeeeeit
*lights up smoke*
I'm out Tommy, it's beer o'clock here
>inb4 the liquid jew

if the tank is a small shitty sherman then the americans will lose most of the crew but annihilate the germans

i know this because i saw the film

>inb4 the liquid jew
the liquid jew is now in YOU

Its wasn't German SS special forces though, it was mostly conscripted villagers led a by a few SS.
It says it in the movie.

Your question though, is it feasible that they could have taken out as many as they did? Not really. Is it possible? Sure.

This thread is dildos.

It would have made more sense for the Germans to be either a HJ or Volkssturm unit. Poorly trained but given weapons.Although not every SS unit was an elite one, and by 1945 it wouldn't surprise me to see incompetence in elements of the SS.
In the end, it's a movie and it's made to be entertaining.

>two hundred plus radical German SS special forces soldiers
>implying the SS was even any good
Considering that even that British cuck Monty was capable of routinely btfoing the SS, i wouldn't brag about them. Half the time their tactic amounted to zerg rushing a point and they had little in the way of real organization. They were clusterfuck all over.

That "WW2 Sherman vet" is full of shit. Even the fucking lower echelons of the Heer talked shit about the SS.

Thanks for reminding me how much I hated this movie and the fact that I actually paid to go see it OP

That's some nice exaggeration and false facts you got there.

>British cuck Monty
American history as usual I see

>That "WW2 Sherman vet" is full of shit. Even the fucking lower echelons of the Heer talked shit about the SS.

You can't be this ignorant. The quality of the SS divisions was overall very high, with a handful of units performing poorly at the start of Barbarossa before being reorganized, but overall they were better trained and given better equipment than the Wehrmacht, even in the later stages of the war when they had to recruit people who didn't reach the SS requirements.
The Heer hated the SS because they got better equipment and supplies, not because they were poor fighters. In fact, the Heer liked having them around, because they knew they were well supplied and fierce fighters.

I stopped watching American made WW2 movies years ago. I just read a summary back when it was released.

From the accounts I've read, such as 'Tigers in the Mud', the SS may have been given good equipment and training but many were fanatical and didn't know when to quit. Heer units would cease an offensive when it became clear they were not going to breach the defenses. By contrast, the SS was over-aggressive and pushed attacks that should not have been pushed; leading to to losses of men and equipment. This applies to both the German units as well as those raised from foreign volunteers. Although the latter has a reason to be much more aggressive and unwilling to compromise ground if it would lead the Red Army closer to their home.
Still, the SS was not some ultra-efficient, better than the regular army, group that some make them out to be.

>SS units were never that much better than the best of the Heer units and average quality would only be better for a short while (1940-42). Later in the war, "volunteers" were dragged from POW camps, conscripted from occupied countries (such as Estonia and Latvia) or forced to volunteerat gunpoint

Sorry to shatter your dreams, Naziboos. SS was literally average at best.
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/23r7iq/what_was_the_difference_between_the_nazi/

This is pretty common knowledge for actual historians. The SS was hardly the elite unit it's made out to be. The true elite unit of the German war machine was the Fallschirmjager.

>literally at fault for the strategic failure at Market Garden which would've meant the war would have ended in '44 instead of '45
>literally at fault for taking 4 hours to cross a single bridge on the Rhine when it took Patton 1 to cross 4 slowing down the whole offensive into Germany
Norgay pls

It was an entertaining movie with a good story and great acting. You guys are such fucking autists.

how many of you nerds who hate this movie because its "unrealistic" will go fap to anime tonight or love star wars/star trek or some superhero movie? for fucks sake.

it's almost like he posted a reddit link unironically on Sup Forums

You're the one being autistic.

The movie was good but you can't deny that scene made the movie worse.

What should have happened was that one of the guys would have popped their head out the top and get instantly shot so he falls down the hatch again. Horror sets in on the entire crew as they know they're about to die in some horrible fucking way and a RPG blows through the side of the tank and totally splatters one of the crew members etc etc

The scene should have been total fucking back of the neck hair raising horror with despair and cries and yeah sure one of the guys can escape through the bottom, what ever.

No way an ending like that wouldn't have been better for the overall movie.

But yeah that scene wasn't good but overall the movie was good I think. They hinted to that the Germans were fanatics and poorly trained civilians so i'm guessing that was kinda what they were aiming for in that scene but that didn't show at all.

The Centurion or Churchill would win. It's like you guys have never watched pic related.

I think it's fairly obvious that you're highly biased. You're even citing a reddit post to back up your views.

There are plenty of people who want to discredit the performance of the SS, based simply on the fact that they were dedicated nazis who were supposed to represent the Aryan ideal, but it's simply not true.

This is partially true, but mostly an exaggeration based on a few instances. The SS divisions were known to stay in the fight longer and would rarely surrender, but most of the accounts of the poor performance and aggressions of the SS comes from a couple of divisions during the first 6 months of Operation Barbarossa. I think it was Das Reich and Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler, but both of these divisions were reorganized and performed very well for the rest of the war.

It's really not hard to understand why they performed well. They were given the best men, the best equipment and better training. It's not exactly magic.

>You're even citing a reddit post to back up your views
You didn't even read the post or check the citations of the post.

>There are plenty of people who want to discredit the performance of the SS, based simply on the fact that they were dedicated nazis who were supposed to represent the Aryan ideal, but it's simply not true
>Literally every SS Panzer division on the Western Front was BTFO
>MUH ELITE DIVISIONS

>but both of these divisions were reorganized and performed very well for the rest of the war
Except they didn't. The SS overall didn't perform any better than the Heer, whether on the East or Western Fronts.

Also to dovetail on this, the best Waffen-SS and SS Panzer units were handpicked by the OB West and Hitler for the Bulge and they couldn't even dislodge a completely encircled unit from Bastogne that went without any sort of supply for 5 days while under constant attack.

>Americans
>winning a battle without using complete air superiority to their advantage
>still lose

Sounds about right.

I put my money on the SS company.

Fury really was so great up until that tank-LT gets burned alive.

Even the reddit post you're linking to admits that they were elite units, when you're referring to the German ones. The ones made up of criminals or eastern European volunteers obviously performed poorly, and about half of them were hastily thrown together in 1944 and 1945.

>Literally every SS Panzer division on the Western Front was BTFO
Except they didn't. They performed exceptionally well, something that your reddit post supports. In fact, it claims that their stellar performance on the western front is what contributed to their reputation as elites. Again, how utterly pathetic do you have to be to actually deny the accomplishments of the SS, just because you don't like them?

>doesn't know the SS was compromised of many Nations and Ethnicities
>says the divisions that had Aryans in it performed best
>not magic

I say, Abdul.

>This contributes a lot to the myth of the SS as an elite force
>THE MYTH
>Norgay in charge of cherry picking
>Norgay in charge of reading
Norgay pls.

You are referring to the SS as a whole when they were split into different parts. Try referring to the "Waffen-SS" in your posts because you have referred to some divisions that were "Allgemeine-SS".

It's pretty easy to differentiate given the context. We're pretty obviously not talking about paper pushers for fucks sake.

that finale was retarded. Wehrmact could have killed that tank with 3 soldiers.

Most of the fighting around Bastogne was done by the Wehrmacht, and part of their forces simply ignored the city and went for their next objective.

And there are dozens of examples where the Americans failed to do the same, and eventually only broke through because of constant bombardment, air superiority and vastly superior numbers.

You might want to base your views on something other than a shitty TV series.

So, you base your views on a shitty reddit post, ignore the arguments from that reddit post that completely contradicts your argument, then resort to ad hominem attacks.
Fantastic.

>never heard of Audie Murphy

we won in real life too

First post best post

>Most of the fighting around Bastogne was done by the Wehrmacht, and part of their forces simply ignored the city and went for their next objective
>implying there wasn't an entire SS Panzer Corps at Bastogne
>literally 4 SS Panzer Divisions
>lying on the internet
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Bastogne

>So, you base your views on a shitty reddit post
Nah, just cited it because it was a reputable source and it contained extra citations within the post. I know

>plebbit
It's a quality controlled board unlike this shit hole.

>ignore the arguments from that reddit post that completely contradicts your argument
Did nothing of the sort. You're actually the one doing that.

Audie Murphy

>The Germans scored a direct hit on an M10 tank destroyer, setting it alight, forcing the crew to abandon it.[66] Murphy ordered his men to retreat to positions in the woods, remaining alone at his post, shooting his M1 carbine and directing artillery fire via his field radio while the Germans aimed fire directly at his position.[67] Murphy mounted the abandoned, burning tank destroyer and began firing its .50 caliber machine gun at the advancing Germans, killing a squad crawling through a ditch towards him.[68] For an hour, Murphy stood on the flaming tank destroyer returning German fire from foot soldiers and advancing tanks, killing or wounding 50 Germans. He sustained a leg wound during his stand, and stopped only after he ran out of ammunition.[66] Murphy rejoined his men, disregarding his own wound, and led them back to repel the Germans. He insisted on remaining with his men while his wounds were treated.[66] For his actions that day, he was awarded the Medal of Honor.[69] The 3rd Infantry Division was awarded the Presidential Unit Citation for its actions at the Colmar Pocket, giving Murphy a Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster for the emblem.[70]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy#European_Theater

SS squad would have gotten fucked up in the initial ambush, certainly many casualties, but once they realized what was going on they'd take it out pretty quick

>Did nothing of the sort. You're actually the one doing that.
You said the SS performed poorly on the western front, yet the post claims that their performance on the western front was what gave them their elite reputation. But hey, keep living in denial.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Bastogne

Goes to show how little you know, and just read shit off of Wikipedia as you go along.
None of the SS divisions were present at the siege of Bastogne. They arrived later, and only encountered the Americans in the counterattacks which happened weeks later, and after the Americans had received armored reinforcements.