Is it wrong to shoot someone who breaks into your house with the intent of killing them?

Is it wrong to shoot someone who breaks into your house with the intent of killing them?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/uk/scot-is-shot-dead-when-mistaken-for-prowler-1398645.html
bearingarms.com/mike-m/2016/06/02/individual-safety-whos-responsible/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1. check your local laws
2. try to come up with an internal moral code and not outsource your beliefs to internet strangers

1. Local laws allow reasonable defense of yourself and property
2. I’m asking for opinions

/thread

>it's always a white guy breaking in in the adverts

If you miss, it certainly is wrong! You should be accomplished enough of a marksman to take out an intruder!

No it's not. You don't know what they're planning to do.

Don't have such a weak house manlet.

So after you shoot would you stand over his/her body and pop them again in the head or call the cops?

I say it's completely fine to kill someone entering your home. You have no idea what their intent is. When they enter a home they have to anticipate running into another human being. There's too many stories of people getting their asses kicked, getting raped (in the case of women), and getting killed. The moment someone enters another person's home without permission then they forfeit their life. I even hate thieves to the point where I believe we should have the right to kill someone fleeing with our property. I believe a thief decides their life is worth as much as whatever it is they're stealing. I hate thieves, but I hate burglars much, much more. A burglar doesn't want to go to prison. Do the world a favor and kill them if you get the chance.

So let’s just say you shot him, he falls to the ground and he have no weapon. You see him bleeding out but still alive, would you finish him off or try to stop the bleeding?

I would not help him, just wait until the cops arrive

So he has a very serious wound, obviously he can’t do jack shit to you anymore and in the heat of the moment you would just let him die?

then the cops arrive, shoot you, and don't help until the paramedics arrive

if its premeditated in that you knew ahead of time and ambushed a specific intruder in your home yes

random intruder no

If someone enters your home by force, sorry, it's shoot first, ask questions later. Just no fucking argument. Their right to any form of consideration is gone.
Police understand too, don't worry.

There have been cases in California where the intruder is crippled by something and then he turns around and sues the homeowner. So make your own decision

no they don't, unless you're waving a firearm at them fool.

It would be illegal to finish him off in most states, maybe in the entire country. It's stupid though.

A number of years back, a relative of mine had some mexican kid break in. He almost blasted his leg off with a 12 gauge and called the cops, the cops told him he should have killed his ass because now there will be a lawsuit.

There was never a lawsuit

So... the kid from Home Alone would be in jail?

Thou shalt not kill

illegal? maybe
wrong? no

hahaha, tell me that when you come through my window

Mexican decency right there.

Fucking American. Fuck ing murderers suing people

Kek

no they don't but you go find out the hard way if pigs understand cuck

Yes. If you shoot you wound, your local laws may leave you liable to pay some or all of their medical expenses. If you can say with certainty that this is not the case, kill them anyways. A criminal with a perforated leg and a loaded gun can still kill you.

he forced into my house wtf

Legally that makes it murder, not self defense. Self defense only applies to clear and present danger, when you can say that someone is intending to “cause great bodily harm to you or others”

If they’re still fighting, you can shoot them again.

>please fuck my wife and daughter and help yourself to my gun

Tight I just entered with a knife now I got the gun registered to your name. Thanks cuck

paramedics arriving doing shit

Kek

So you got a wounded mother fucker on your kitchen floor and you’re standing over him. You call 911 and they ask if he’s alive, you say yes (the sheriff is on his way by now). They ask if you’re going to help him. What do?

if they died for sure

>“cause great bodily harm to you or others”
wrong. Breaking into my home gets you killed before I find out if you plan to “cause great bodily harm to me or others”.
Sue me from the morgue.

Drag him outside so he doesn't bleed out all over your floors.

ITT hypocritical contradictory pig shit and homeowners eager to be murderers in the big house

Fuck all pigs fuck americans

i won´t help that bastard man, he could have killed me and my family if i didn´t shoot him.

leave him inside and let him bleed on the floor. Outside there is question whether the break in occurred

It happened in Houston so here's what happened: independent.co.uk/news/uk/scot-is-shot-dead-when-mistaken-for-prowler-1398645.html

The real question should be, "Should it be wrong NOT too?"

Was this in California?

Ok fair enough. I would let him bleed out all the way too tbh

No

You never intend to kill anyone.

At the same time you should always kill them. Don't shoot someone and let them live. When you go before a Grand Jury to be questioned you only want them to hear your lies about what happened.

I have no medical training whatsoever and anything I do to help him could be the basis for his lawsuit if I make a mistake. I'm not touching the motherfucker. He's going to have to deal with the 13 bullets I put in him on his own.

No officer, I don't remember how many times I fired. I was terrified for my life.

lol at the girl laughing at the guy filming himself.

Prove it Faggot. Sounds like someone's still bitter about being told not to skateboard on the sidewalk.

What if he’s just a 15 or 16 year old kid?

This.

Just because a relative of yours got lucky that doesn't mean a fucking thing. Having said that there will almost always be a lawsuit. If you don't kill him then he'll sue you. If you do kill him his family will sue you. He dindunuffin.

It's super hard to armchair that sort of situation. I'd say rule #1 you don't get hurt. Better someone breaking into your house gets hurt\dead than you. Rule #2 id say for sure if they see you and turn to run, you definitely shouldn't just shoot them in the back. I'd hate to see some shithead get away, but "the penalty for theft should not be death" is the safest way to avoid becoming a degenerate society. Beyond that I don't know.

no but it is wrong to shoot someone with the intent to keep them alive the point of shooting someone is to kill them period never shoot to wound.

You're right, a 16 year old kid isn't dangerous. If they stab or shoot you it just bounces right off.

People who hang up signs like that are asking to get sued. Never put up shit like that. It makes it look like you were just waiting for someone to break in so you could shoot them.

They can follow the blood trail to prove he was inside. Explain that you needed to remove him and secure your residence from any associated threats.

what if theres dinosaurs outside and they broke in just to hide from the dinosaurs?

>just let him die?
What do you mean "just"? I'd be taunting him as he bled out.

I tell them I have no medical training, he doesn't look healthy, and my floor is covered in blood. I'm not interested in getting HIV so they need to hurry up if they want him alive.

Shut up Christcuck, go pray to your imaginary friend

Thats not what I’m saying, I’m trying to say if he’s just a kid and not really sure of what the fuck he’s doing or why he’s doing it you’re just going to kill him anyway?

I have no medical training whatsoever and anything I do to help him could be the basis for his lawsuit if I make a mistake. I'm not touching the motherfucker. He's going to have to deal with the 13 bullets I put in him on his own.

No officer, I don't remember how many times I fired. I was terrified for my life.

Most biblical scholars believe the original text to be "thou shalt not commit murder."

If you shoot someone you want them dead.
It's always wrong but beats the possible alternatives.
Spending a lot of time thinking about shooting intruders is how you end up shooting your drunk daughter trying to sneak in because she lost her key but doesn't want to wake you up and get in trouble.
This has happened.

Spotted the Eurotrash cuck who knows nothing about anything.

If you look closely enough. There is another girl in the mirror filming him.

No necessarily, you can shoot to wound

Yes. The motherfucker isn't 5, he's 16. That's old enough to understand the fucking consequences for breaking into someone's goddamn house.

>No core strength
>would probably cry if smacked hard in the mouth
>gets thrown in the pool at parties if he throws his weight around
enjoy looking good, don't go thinking big muscles scare anyone.

What is the relevance of that?

So you're saying a kid broke into my house but wasn't really sure what he was doing or why he was doing it?

That's fucking retarded. Is he a retarded kid maybe? Did this happen to you?

It's a moot point because I'm going to mag dump on him center mass. I'm never going to be in a situation where I have to decide whether to help a man bleeding to death from shots I fired. He's going to be dead before I get that 911 call in.

Ok I just wanted to know your reasons.

Said the morbidly obese basement dweller whose only experience in confrontations comes from boss raids in WoW.

Shut the Fuck up bitch

In reality you're much more likely to be fucked by Americans than you are to fuck one but I understand your frustration.

>california
>not living in a based state
who cares about CA?

This nigga knows what's up.

Thou shalt not commit murder is more accurate, if less poetic. Christfag here, and I would not hesitate for a second to shoot dead someone breaking in to my house. I have a wife and kids who rely on me to protect them.

Ecclesiastes 3King James Version (KJV)

3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?

10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

12 I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.

13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.

17 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

bunch of fagstick niggering niggers

Yeah, we get it. Your a poor loser from some shit third world country who's bitter because your American visa was denied because of your child molestation conviction.

Shooting to wound is a movie trope. In real life, just hitting someone is vastly more difficult than 99% of the populace assumes; and having the firing discipline to wound only is something only trained operators (police, military, etc.) could ever hope for.

KEK

Yeah, I don't care.

Hello, Christcuck sheeple.

State by State, various laws apply. Here in PA, you may shoot and kill such a kek who broke into your house. Make certain it happened inside the house, not in the backyard, not as they are running out the front door trying to leave.

I'd rather risk getting sued then risk getting murdered.

Besides, pistols aren't home defense weapons, shotguns are. You're probably not going to survive a shot to the chest.

In general, if you are in a situation where you purposefully discharge a firearm at another human you NEED to have the intent to kill them.

Say that while breaking in to my house.

Do you think it's a fucking Hollywood movie. Shoot to wound is full blown retarded. You shoot center mass.

If I were worried about that then I wouldn't let my girlfriend live with me.

>Britfag without an illegal firearm or shotgun license
>The intruder best prepare to fight for his life if he doesn't put me down quick
>British law on intruders on the 2nd floor allows you to fight for your life
>Would get a gay mate and his friends round to rape the burglar
>Upload to their Facebook

lol why so you can throw a bible at me and start quoting retarded fictional verses and saying god will deliver love into my heart while i rape your wife and daughter?

>trained operators
>police
bearingarms.com/mike-m/2016/06/02/individual-safety-whos-responsible/
this is just one of many sensationalist articles I can pull up that refutes your point of view
I'm sure that, if you tried to, you could find something actually reliable with respect the the accuracy of officers.

They couldn't find a nigger. Niggers are all too busy breaking into houses.

This is mostly true. The reality is police and the military (I've been both) are taught to shoot center mass until the target stops. Only those people who work above and beyond that level of accuracy are capable of or even considering shooting a suspect or opponent anywhere but center mass. Snipers basically.

GO UP, GO UP YOU OLD BALD HEAD!
>killed by shebear

Someone breaks into my house, i will shoot to kill. There is no shoot to wound bs. If you are going to shoot someone, you shoot to kill.

Bwahahahahhahaha. Triggered much? Still waiting for your proof.