> gender: m
> age: 45
> height: 6 ft 2 in
> weight: 200 lb
> no smoking
> no drugs
> moderate alcohol consumption
> no other medications
for a few months now (even before winter weather) i have had a steady stream of mucus being expelled from my lungs. it is very thin and transparent in color. this goes on all day every day. it's progressively gotten a little bit worse so that now when i speak i talk funny because my larynx is filled with phlegm. all day long i have to clear my throat. i have no troubling breathing even during moderate exercise.

what is your best guess as to what i have? bronchitis, some type of walking pneumonia? what is the best way to clear my lungs of the excess phlegm without seeing a doctor. i hate doctors and will probably die before going to see one.

please advise.

Other urls found in this thread:

mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/whiteNoiseGenerator.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hang upside down like a bat while you sleep.

i wish i had one of those things you lay on and it lets you flip upside down.

> trusting any user's advice

Visit a doctor. Maybe you are Murican and your healthcare sucks, still, it's the best option.

Are you congested?

i would have to be in incredible pain for that to happen. even then i might just choose to die if i could power through it and thought death was within a few hours.

you mean my sinuses or other symptoms of a cold? no. i haven't have any illness for over a year. I had a nasty flu in Nov 2016.

serious reply.
Check mold and allergies. They did my mother in last November. She died of COPD and never smoked a day in her life.
Mold is the big one. shit starts growing in your lungs causing mucus buildup, etc.

yeah i'm pretty sure i have some persistent flora living in my lungs. but was hoping maybe i could do something to clear my lungs to maybe help get rid of it before it gets worse.

Smoke some good midgrade marijuana and that should clear it up for a few hours.

D id you breathe in any rock dust lately? Your symptoms sound a lot like you breathed in a bunch of powdered glass or volcanic ash. You'll die from it. Drowned in your own lungs. Enjoy the weed while you can.

Hmm. For me, it always starts in my sinuses so I've never really been in your situation. You could try taking an expectorant to see if that helps. Aside from that, I have no other suggestions. Good luck on your search.

no rock dust or anything like that. i live in an area with high pollution in the winter due to atmospheric inversions, but my symptoms started before winter. could be related as many people suffer from the pollution here in the winter but i've been living here a long time without significant problems.

Oxygen is the only treatment, but it's addictive. And apparently not considered necessary by medical care providers. Watch out.

If it was fungal his mucus wouldn't be clear, it would either have a yellow/brown/green coloryou say you have no trouble breathing even during exercise, and you have to constantly clear your throat. Are you able to break up what's building up?

Ya, but the dube only relaxes you enough to breathe. Any dead lung cells are just that. Dead like scar tissue. No rejuvenating that. No room in the body cavity to create more either.

umm well if it's caused by bacteria in the lungs antibiotics could be indicated, but not for a viral infection i think. so there could be other treatments besides oxygen. i was hoping a nurse or doctor would help. maybe i'll just let it kill me whatever.

break up? it's almost a liquid with the same consistency of saliva. if i spit it out you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference. but i can never "break up" the stream. even when i cough out what's building up in my throat, i keep coughing because it feels like there's this long thread of thin mucus that i can't fully expel.

Are you sure it's coming from your lungs?

This could actually be a type of reflux.

Also, I'm sorry user but if you're talking funny then you need to seea doctor no matter how much you hate them to rule out cancer.

Check the sinks in your house for black mold, it may be radiating from your sink and you breathe it in when you're asleep, just a thought tho

True. Some kind of allergy, I suspect.

same thing would apply like I said earlier, if it was fungal his mucus wouldn't be clear.

i don't have any indigestion or gas or feel any sort of acidity in my throat that i would expect from reflux from the stomach.

My best guess is maybe a genetic copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) that you inherited due to bad luck.

Yes but you saidyou had a change in voice.

Google laryngeal reflux and see if any of that sounds similar to what you're experiencing.

ok i'll look into that. i just saw a lung with black spots from it and already feel faint. this is why i will not go to a doctor.

Dubs decides. Also, mom's was like this. Liver damage due to stroke if I remember right.
COPD is a terrifying thing, you end up drowning in your own bodily fluids.

OP in all honesty I think nothing's wrong. You don't have any symptoms, mucus is clear (that's the big sign that you're ok), and no trouble breathing at all. IMO I think some saliva is just running down your throat, and either you haven't payed attention to it before, or maybe you're producing more saliva to cause the issue. No red flags, I think you'll be okay, if you wanted to dig deeper get a chest x-ray (my money would be it came back normal)

Me again definitely get it checked out you don’t wanna drown from the inside it’s miserable. What sucks is if you have it you got it for life but it’s manageable.

copd is a heart issue. How do any of the problems lead you to think that?

ASS to the Doctor now, bro!

you're a fucking moron user! a quick google search would've helped you out xD

are you fucking retarded? where'd you learn that?

ok maybe it'll get better when there's less pollution in the air.

nah man there's no point in living beyond my current age. i won't go for any heroic measures or whatever. if i was told i had cancer today i'd just ask for palliative care. we gotta die some day.

Medfag here. Sorry I don't have a good answer for you op but I highly doubt you have copd. That doesn't make any sense or fit with your symptoms at all.

This is why you shouldn't take medical advice from Sup Forums. Bite the bullet and see a real doc.

Heh, I hope you die with it, faggot.

/thread.

copd is not cancer. Go to the doc, man!

if i have bronchitis is it possible that i can stave off it getting worse by expelling the mucus i think i have in my lungs? or is that just crazy talk? and if so what would be the best way to do that. i read that expectorants don't actually really work at all.

yeah, but copd would cause sob. which he doesn't have

he's a small test you can do real quick since I can't listen to your lungs in person. Just take a normal inhale, but when you exhale try to get every ounce of air out of your lungs and say if you hear anything abnormal (like a wheeze or bubbly or crackly sound)

>take time off work because sick
>go to doctor's office
>complain of mucus in lungs, coughing
>doctor scratches his head a bit and says brb
>returns a hour later
>you have bat-gut
>just hang upsidedown when you sleep and it will clear up overnight

im dying right now LOLLL

You don't have any symptoms of bronchitis. I really think you have silent reflux.

The trouble is that silent reflux is really difficult to treat. You need 3-6 months of PPIs.

no, i have no lung crackles, no problem exhaling. actually at the moment my lungs feel a little bit clearer than earlier today. but even at my worst no lung crackles, no difficulty exhaling.

also some people said diet (allergies) may cause something like this?

i'll look into it.

Bro with Cronic Asthma, Allergies, and Bronchitis here, diagnosed when I was 10. ( 38 years ago lol) I was not supposed to have lived past 30 in this condition. Get your ass to a doctor, get checked for allergies, etc. I did. I might make it to 60 if i'm careful. and stay away from those inhalers, they full of female hormones.

i'll do one better and stay away from all doctors and only buy stuff i can get otc.

I tried that too. Only works for a decade or two. Good luck, man.

i don't even want to live for 10 - 20 more years. i'd gladly check out before then if it were quick and painless.

Actually, my doctor is kinda pissed that i'm working now. I suspect she thought I'd be putting in for a medical disability or something. But I can't sit still, gotta keep moving.

stop posting this retarded shit and see a doctor u fucking faggot

Eh kinda but not really 100% correct. Mucus having colour in it i.e. that yellow/green colour is indicative of how long the mucus has been in the respiratory tract for. It's the oxidisation of the mucus that gives it that colour.

So OP is having mucus that is just coming up really quickly. It could be late onset cystic fibrosis but you defs need professional medical help for management of that.

Two words; water fast. YouTube it. Look for doctors, not the before and after.

Supposed to die at 30 with non-life threatening ailments???? LOL. Sorry, but allergies, et al, don't kill you at 30.

I agree with user, no symptoms of bronchitis from what you've told us. I'll leave you with some advice, and it normally works for other things as well, keep a log of when it gets a little better or worse since you said it doesn't completely go away. Just little things you did, or what you ate, and see if there's any pattern. If you do notice a pattern of something you do and then you get worse, that's an easy fix.........stop doing it. Good luck OP hope this shit clears up for ya, but if that mucus does change colors it's probably time to see the doc

i hear you. i did intermittent fasting for a while and it worked well for me. i would fast 40 hours, then eat in an 8 hour window. i should stick with it.

Stress on the heart does. Any difficulty breathing gets offloaded to the heart, eg it has to pump faster and harder to get the job done, resulting in an oversized heart when you are my age.

Why are you retarded? Go see a fucking doctor you dumbfuck.

Are you scared of discovering something bad and would prefer to remain in ignorance? I really don't get people's fear of doctors.

I had mucus like this from the time I got a really bad flu when I was 13 until I started smoking at 19 when it became intermittent and infrequent. It's gotten a little worse since I started having GI issues.

I normally recommend anyone who's having any health problem to act like an adult and go to the doctor, but honestly they will do absolutely nothing for you.

They will suspect allergies. Then they will either give you a nasal decongestant (for me they just made my nose so dry it bled) or they will test you for allergies. The allergy test will come back negative and they will never do anything about it again and there's a decent chance they'll treat you like a head case and recommend a shrink if you try to press the issue. If they go with the prescription, they'll just tell you to keep taking it forever if it helps and never do anything else about it again.

This is the decision tree for doctors
>will it kill the patient? If yes, test.
>is it something that might be curable? If yes, treat.
>is it something that might be easy to diagnose? If yes, more tests.
>Did you answer no to all of the above? Send home, tell them to come back with a real problem.
>Did the patient BTFO? If no, send to shrink, it's in their head or drug seeking behavior.

Doctors do not give a shit about your quality of life until you are in hospice care.

This.

I agree with you user, but if his body is expelling whatever might cause it before discoloration, his body is fit enough to get rid of it on his own.

As far as cf, he shows 0 of the signs for that

i have panic attacks when i think of going to a doctor or see medical pictures. here's an example of what a pussy i am
> cute girl at school asks me to donate to blood drive
> i know i can't do it, say idk
> she says come on anonnn
> fuck she's really cute too
> ok i'll try it
> go to the blood drive
> nurse gives standard interview
> i start going flush
> ringing in my ears
> start seeing stars and falling over
> nurse grabs me as i pass out from only the interview, i didn't even see any blood or even a needle
> she lays me down for 10 minutes gives me cookie and oj and lets me go

Sad, bro. But still, see a doctor, or move to a different climate, or change apartments or some shit. Do something to better your life, dammit! (lol im one to talk)

Sounds like post-nasal drip. Do nasal saline rinses. If they don't work try nasal steroids

I’m starting to get worried but won’t do anything about it. I’ve recently been having this ring vibration in my right ear like it can really feel and hear It it comes and goes but is quite annoying. I’ve heard of tinnitus or whatever i dunno if it’s that and just annoying I’ve also heard ringing in the ears is a warning sign of a tumor who knows

Well not completely zero signs of cf, he's got constant mucus pproduction, struggling to exhale which could be plugging of the bronchioles.
The only thing that doesn't fit cf is the thickness of the mucus, it's transparent and thin which is atypical of cf you're right.

i agree they're kind of like that. they'll also check every damn thing until they definitely find something "wrong" so you'll be a repeat customer forever and prescribe drugs. i have a deep moral loathing of the pharmaceutical industry and do not wish to help it flourish. doctors have a vested interest in making sure you're sick or on the verge of sickness.

It's probably just tinnitus, do you go to concerts regularly or do you listen to things loudly with earphones/headphones?

you might be getting pnemonia.
get it checked cause u can actually die from it.

Nevermind, I just read no trouble breathing

try using a white noise generator if the ringing is distracting. i use mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/whiteNoiseGenerator.php

there are plenty of reasons for ringing not related to extreme diagnoses like tumors. especially now that so many constantly use ear buds/headphones.

As a doctor I can assure you this is not true. From my first day as an intern I've had countless hours wasted by people who are not truly sick. I'm definitely not looking to find fake diagnoses. I'm trying to get time wasters to leave me alone so that I can treat people who actually need help.

Maybe you need to see a better doctor?

I'm a doctor. I'm a neurosurgeon but med school is med school.
Stop consuming dairy. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables only and drink nothing but water and green tea for one month and you will get better. Consume a minimum of 6 bottles of water and one cup of hot green tea with a spoonful of honey each day. Buy a neti pot from your local drug store similar to a Walgreens and use that once every other day, and make sure you brush your teeth and gums thoroughly. Don't forget to brush your tongue. If you actually do all of this, your issue will be resolved. If you do this and your issue doesn't go away, you're going to die without medical attention. I mean, you're going to die anyway, but at an accelerated rate. lol

Well i remember this from before but not so significant, it just sorta came a month or so ago which is odd and has happened frequently some days i forget all about it some days i can’t unnoticed it

I ride a loud ass motorcycle and usually play music pretty loud but not all the time and my season has been cut off by this frigid weather so it seemed to start up after that. And there was no build up and it isn’t soft, just sorta happened one day

P.S.
I also want to advise that you see a doctor and not try to fix this on your own. Just saying.

Just go see one you stupid faggot. If it could be a lung issue or a throat issue I'd want to get a sputum sample, as unreliable as those are. I'd want to get a physical in to check for consolidation on your lungs and probably some imaging done depending on how that goes.

If it drips into your lungs you might need to go check with an ENT to look for things near the bifurcation near the trachea and etc. Anything with lungs, you might need to see a physician for. Especially if it's getting worse over time. Just take your autistic ass to the doctor and get your fluoroquinolone or autism medication or checkup and call it a day.

i don't eat dairy except one the occasional pizza but i can easily cut that out. i'll try it and see if it works. and i already drink a ton of tea each day. i drink 2 liters or more of black iced tea with no sweetener. i hope that isn't the cause of my problems.

i won't see any doctor. ever. if i am conscious to deny consent.

tuberculosis dude

Caseating autism of the chest you mean.

>not truly sick

Yeah, like the rising tide of people with functional GI disorders in industrialized countries. I'm glad Rome finally classified these "disorders" as psychosocial. How much money has been wasted on these medical tourists?

And seriously, fuck all the patients who are like "I have a flu what should I do?" Fucking Google it, asshole. You don't pay me to tell you how to take care of your medical problems. I'm here to save lives, not babysit.

How long do the episodes last for/how frequent are they and how would you rate the intensity of it?
Does anything make it better or worse (maybe like the cold makes it worse?)?
Are there any other things that you noticed in your body before this started happening?

I highly doubt that black tea could cause such an issue. I really recommend drinking mostly water and keeping your tea green & to a minimum.

omeprazole

fixed

could be GERD.... nice

probably is, I am just an intern right now but is amazing the amount of people with reflux without the classic symptoms

omeprazole is a great way to know