What is the point in voting in america if a candidate with 3 MILLIONS more votes still won't win?

What is the point in voting in america if a candidate with 3 MILLIONS more votes still won't win?

user, it's been over a year. Come on.

It's been explained so many times by now it's clear people like you will never get it through your thick nigger skull.

Quit pretending you know anything about politics you fucking retard.

The reason America doesn't go by popular vote would be so that one demographic, mainly dense, urban regions, don't have more power than sparse, rural regions. The whole point of the electoral college is so that there is no tyranny of the majority, which is a countermeasure against mob rule.

no u

Electoral College, that's the point.

Why should you vote? Because if you don't you can't complain. I know that's what shit heads like you love to do.

i agree

Right so now you have the opposite problem which is that only votes in swing states matter. Still mob rule/tyranny of the majority by those states rather than urban centers

Quit pretending it's popular vote nigger

There isn't a point in voting in America unless you live in a competitive state.

They still use the extremely outdated 300-year-old system that doesn't make any sense in 21 century. You want too much from muricans.

This right here

>What is the point in voting in america if a candidate with 3 MILLIONS more votes still won't win?

This is like asking "Why didn't they award me the winner of the long jump? I ran faster than everyone else in the runup to the jump!"

what the point of voting when whe in 13 counties in CA over 100% up to 150% of the voting age people voted

When there are sates like CA with no ID of any kind and Democrats buss people around? Not only do illegals VOTE they are encouraged to vote by OBAMA, etc...

fact is that entire popular vote can be chucked up to 1 state CA where mass voter fraud happened

Looks like you'll be doing this for 7 more years.

wrong, trump won states that werent even considered swing states

also prior to the 80s, california, washington and other now "blue states" were always red

it wasnt until after regan came along those states started voting blue

That is a terrible analogy, you disgrace you

What's the point of trolling on Sup Forums if a thread with 3 HUNDRED replies still 404s?

Dont start spouting nonsense when your losing an argument.

The electoral college. It is broken by the way they are supposed to be voting based on the representation of the the state. Instead most give all votes to the state popular vote

I encouage you not to vote op

This is it right here. It wasn't all swing states he won. He won traditionally liberal states.

Fpbp

You're absolutely right. You should never vote again. Neither should any of your friends.

Explain it again.

you misspelled im mentally retarded again

this, i dont understand american politics.
britfag here

and people still use extremely outdated life rules (religion) from books written thousands of years ago that don't make sense in the 21st century.

Regardless, it's a fair victory for Donald Trump. If Hillary wanted to win, maybe she shouldn't have lost in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida. The problem with the "3 million votes" argument is that the United States electoral process isn't based on popular vote, but by the electoral votes. Donald Trump won in a very solid 306-232. Just because this system is unfairly guided toward swing states doesn't mean that the politicians didn't know that and didn't act to favor swing states.

>not understanding how a republic works

My god, it's retarded

states elect the president
voters in each state decide their state's candidate
99% support and 51% support for a candidate within a state look identical as far the national election goes, so the popular vote winner often doesn't match the final results

The Jews failed to buy the election. WAaaaah.

The point is that she still lost...

She's still a loser and looks like your still sore about it.
Say the word shill

The American electoral system is based around a time where most of the population is uneducated so the founders built America so that the uneducated couldn't just mob out the educated, aristocracy with slaves and shit. That's why there's this huge dual legislative branch with Senate and House of Representatives where the Senate acts as more of a check to majority rule in House of Representatives. A similar rule applies in the electoral process where smaller states have proportionally more electoral votes than larger votes in order to balance the power of the larger and smaller regions.

If you don't know how voting works in your own country, you've come to the right place

He's right you know.

you are an idiot and wrong

gimme a break im just tryna find some fap material

It is so we don't have the whole country ran by the rainbow & unicorn retards in Cali and NY. Thank god.

>What is the point in voting in america if a candidate with 3 MILLIONS more votes still won't win?
That is now history fucktard. So just get the fucking fuck over it you fucking shit-for-brains fucktarded ignorant fucking brain-dead asshat. Fuck the fucking fuck fucking off!

Muh democracy

Because pure democracy is for faggots.

you know there is well over 5 million illegals living in the US and many dem states allow them and felons to vote so...

the point is so dumbass niggers that have 7 kids they can't take care of don't out vote the stable families that also occupy this country.

the best yet.

Another pussy sore loser nigger loving Obama voter asks in a plaintive voice ?!WHY?! Easy - Killary is a douchebag fucktard - and your a douchebag fucktard for voting for her, you faggoty faggot fag

You've explained shit.

People in the USA do not vote directly for the president. Senators and people called 'electors' do. This is where the 304 - 227 (trump vs Hillary) total comes from. Those are the votes cast by the electors, not anyone else, and they're what determine who wins the presidency.

Electors aren't obligated to vote based on the candidate their state's populace voted for. Apparently once in an election long ago, one electoral vote was void because the elector got drunk and wrote down some gibberish.

Well said!

Because we are a DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC. Each state is a mini-nation, as such they need representation on the federal level. If we relied only on population many states would not have any real representation on the federal level when it comes to presidential voting.

and if Hillary had won the election but lost popular vote, liberals would be just fine with the electoral college

I do not know how to interpret your trips of truth.

Actually that's correct. Maybe get an 8th grade education.

Its easier for a democratic canidate to win that it is for a Republican one user just sayin

I was happy with him at first. Then he did shit. Now I have to vote republican 'till the left drops this madness. Then again, Trump has been pretty amazing so I was happy I voted red this time.

>people not supporting the tard monkey being "shills"

It doesn't make a difference. People in some states overwhelmingly vote republican. People in some states overwhelmingly vote democrat. Some states could go either way. The general mindset of a demographic is largely influenced by location, and so swing states would be swing states regardless.

Now I do agree that the electoral vote should be abolished, but not because Hillary should have won, but because it would allow and encourage third party voting -- because, and I'm not sure if you know this, but the GOP and Democrats are owned by the same people. We need libertarians to replace the republicans, social democrats to replace the democrats, and we need to let every paid for politician to die of irrelevancy in that wake. It is the only way for our country to improve and progress at this point.

Also, I am willing to bet those 3 million votes were from voter fraud and illegal Mexicans, so your point is kind of impotent.

Yes, but I think I was explaining that the reason that someone can win without the majority is because the number of electoral votes in minor states is inflated.

Judging & thinking over that long list of who supported her, I firmly believe if a national wide recount was done after the voting registrations were purged of dead and illegals, that popular vote would flip and be a landslide.

They didn't just "not support" him, they flat out acted like activists for her while claiming neutrality. That's literally the definition of a shill. Enjoy the following dump.

Thats what happens when the majority of your supporters are from the hill billy red states.

OP is a CTR/ SHAREBLUE employee
>it wus her turn reeeee ; ;

Peoples votes don't matter, the type of land and amount of it that is represented by votes matters.

Right you are. Carry on.

He isn't. There is a ton of illegal voting in certain states, it's been that way for the past 2 decades. And since their usually Mexicans, the democrats do what they can to secure those votes.

>inb4 you call me a racist despite having no issue with Latin Americans

This. Had Hillary not hijacked the DNC and stolen Bernie's nomination, all of those traditionally liberal states wouldn't have freaked the fuck out and swung to Trump. Hillary is to blame for her own loss, and is furthermore to blame for Trump's win (as her bullshit is one of the main things that caused his rhetoric to stick out among the rest of the GOP nominees).

>u-u-ur losing

You're doin terrific.

Don fucked her right in the pussy. get over it faggot

I think states that borrow money from other states should have some of their electoral college votes transfer to the 'benefactor' state.

Red states would be fucking fucked.

You could read about the electoral college and why it is used in numerous sources on the internet rather than shit-posting your wah-fest here.

>not knowing how our voting structure works
>not undsrstanding the electoral college
>blaming the “system” that dems have rigged for years...

fpbp = first post best post

you growing newfag

When one candidate is a cosmic-scale moron, people who are neutral and informed tend to act that way. Also don't forget that wikileaks shilled for trump, by this definition as well as actual evidence.

its been over a year, plus, have you ever heard of the electoral college?