Go to friend's place to watch kino

>go to friend's place to watch kino
>he's on his phone for 30% of the movie

Sounds like you need a new friend.

listen gramps nobody actually watches anything with full attention now, get used to it.

Which is exactly why you scatterbrained, ADHD-infected, phone-addicted, limited attention span spergs will never be able to grasp the joy and reward of total immersion in a masterfully made film. Or anything else for that matter. We pre-millennials pity you, desu.

Right, you bask in the genius of the godfather after hearing about how good it was and then go back to half watching everything else. Truly a time of the intellectuals.

>listen gramps
I'm 24
>We pre-millennials pity you
I'm OP and I am a millennial, please do not generalize.

As a Generation Xer I agree, but even my mother and grandmother are/were fucking hooked on smartphones and all that shit.

That's the worst part about visiting people or having them visit you. They are not present most of the time.

>they are not present most of the time

only if you're boring, desu.

>tfw face-to-face conversations are pretty much a thing of the past
>tfw you are having a face-to-face with someone and they are constantly trying not to make eye contact and are showing signs of having problems socializing with real people

You should jerk off in that faggots bathroom.

>99% of threads with the word kino in the beginning die after 20-30 replies

>its almost as if theres one fucking faggot spamming this shit

Then they must be around boring people constantly because the phone almost never leave their faces no matter what they are doing, "watching", or who they are talking to.

>he doesn't have his Falcon 8g theater app installed

WEW

>Visit friend near every weekend to watch movies and bantz
>We near never pick up our phones unless it's to check on something regarding the movie(s) we're watching or other movies.
>Bantz and talk about the movie constantly instead while also picking up on the qualities and downsides of it.

This is true friendship.

>talk about the movie constantly instead while also picking up on the qualities and downsides of it.

nerds dont have reasons to pick up their phones since no one texts them

I only use it to blend in.
I don't frequent this board because I actually enjoy movies whereas a lot of people here just give movies their approval

There's zero reason not to watch a film in its entirety without using your phone. I can do it and so can my family. You can pause the film for bathroom food phone break if needed but no usage during.

>not checking your friends cellphone at the door
>putting up with a girl who has adhd

That wasn't the point user.

The point was how we're superior to jackasses who pick up phones.

Of course, there are exceptions. Apologies for lumping you in with the majority of this generation.

There's a big difference between having the ABILITY to be instantly and constantly connected to the world/web/whatever, and the INABILITY to set it aside for a time to appreciate something worthwhile of your full attention. No?

GAAAAAAAAAAY

>checking your friends cellphone at the door

You don't actually interact with phone people do you? They absolutely will not for any reason give up or turn off their phones and will be belligerent if you ask them to.

>watching film on skype with lads
>hear facebook pop sounds all through the movie

the point is that you arent superior because you have no reason to pick them up

>facebook pop sounds

I'm glad I don't know what that sound is.

>"I'm a normie faggot who thinks he can talk shit about others on Sup Forums"

>go to movies with friends
>they create a literal meme out of some pointless aspect movie to repeat for the rest of the time I'm with them
>have to pull teeth to actually talk about the movie, always returns to the meme or get just one word replies
>no more talk of movie after only 10 min

came here to post this

I know a few people who are like this too. I don't understand, they literally cannot go five fucking minutes without being on their phone. What the fuck is wrong with normies?

That is nothing new. It happened with every movie my clique ever watched together from the 1980s on. They still say meme-type shit from then. Now it is even worse because everyone wants their meme to be a famous meme.

We did this to ourselves you know.

>Apologies for lumping you in
apology accepted, user

It is their 1st brush with something that you have had decades to navigate and be accustomed to. Instead of a dark, smelly, neckbeard nest in a basement with a gaming rig and anime posters, they have it in the palm of their hand. They simply don't realize what they are doing and what effects it is having on them.

This is what happens when technology becomes more and more accessible.

>me and my friend keep saying shit like Kino
>Basically everything Sup Forums does/says because we both visit Sup Forums frequently

I won't lie, it makes it much more entertaining.

I sat in the dentist waiting room the other day and had to endure the shrieks of two 6yo fat pod slugs near me who were mem-speaking and collecting dank memes via their iPods. I wanted to drown them and their sow in the aquarium.

Okay.

Good for me and my friend that we only do that privately then and not in public.

They will grow up to be well-paid memologists for whom you will work for and despise.

It was a joke

>phone people
I think you mean people. If you cant go 2-3 hours without using your phone why are you even hanging with someone.

why would you watch a movie with another person? What is accomplished by this?

discussion when the film is over
it's also nice to share an experience with someone

I don't own a phone of any kind actually. I only use the PC for electronic communication. When I talk with people, it is on the PC or face-to-face.

I don't know a single person who can't go without their phone that long, across all demographics. It is really strange shit to me.

But the point of a film is to immerse yourself into a narrative and appreciate the work put into it. Another person there can only detract from the experience by you have a peripheral awareness of their presence.

Discussion via text is typically more fruitful than vocal discussion because people can type out a well-thought response without worrying about silences.

There's no advantage to watching a film with another person.

>friend always suggests we watch movies/tv when we're hanging out with him
>whenever we do that he ends up looking at facebook the whole time
>75% of the way through the movie he will, without fail, ask an incredibly simple question about the plot that would have been obvious if he had been actually watching
>does this at the fucking theater too
>went to see Force Awakens with him and a few other friends and when Kylo kills Han he leans over to me and says "Soooooo wait is that his father?"

>drinking with only friend
>start talking about movies
>practical effects come up
>youtube a couple scenes from The Thing
>end up watching the whole movie then discussing it afterwards
life is okay sometimes bros

break all contact with him. He sounds like a douche-fucking-retard-dick-faggot

Replace "kino" with "comfy" and you get the same fucking thing

I can relate to this and hate when people are on their phones during a movie, but having a friend look at you constantly during a movie to see your reaction is annoying af

I can attest that I love the meme and actively try to spread it. It's not all me though.

>There's no advantage
It's not about there being any advantage. Its fun

>Doesn't understand kino

1) stop being afraid of sticking out and 2) help improve this board with your film analysis. Being defeatist about it helps no one except the memers

That's cool that you don't have one at all. But you should accept that you're the weird one, not the rest of the world.

Phones are useful for countless things and the vast majority of people decided that a few hundred bucks + $30/month is worth it to be able to constantly stay in contact with their friends and the internet in general

For most people, watching movies is more about passing the time than experiencing the film to its fullest potential.

nah... youre projecting.

youre boring.

In short because I have a short attention span. I often find that when i've been watching something for an hour or so, that i can get quite antsy and I'll start losing focus and daydreaming. So quickly checking my phone allows me to get the restlessness out of my system and get back to the movie. Plus it's not like looking at my phone for a minute is really going

Damn this is so right on.

I agree people checking for your reaction is unbearable whether it's a tv show or movie.

It's acceptable to do once or twice though like in the comic where there is one cool bit.

>quickly checking my phone allows me to get the restlessness out of my system and get back to the movie
You mean browsing on your phone helps you sit through the rest of the movie so it's suddenly over and you hardly watched it.

That's not what I said. You're twisting my words to fit your preconceived notions.

that's ben garrison's book on Sup Forums

3rded, they even get their "can I laugh at that" ques from you when they do that. You can literally control their entire movie going experience. In fact, those types of people are more easily manipulated into doing things than others.

Phones are 100% useless to humanity, kid.

I don't get why everyone shits on millenials so much, the worst culprits I know with messing around on iPads and shit during movies or shows are my parents or uncles or aunts.

Should have S'd his D while he wasn't looking.

>watch movies with family
>they always talk

The one time I ever asked them to be quiet was when we were watching something I actually hadn't seen before and I couldn't hear the movie over them. They got real pissy about it.

By the sound of it, you're barely a part of humanity, so you don't relaly get a say do you?

Eh, it's such a commonplace thing that - even though I don't do it - I can't really get mad at someone for doing it. Ppl have become habituated to constant and varied stimulation. Live and let live OP

>watch movies with family

When I lived at home we used to have family movie night every Thursday (we actually never watched "family" movies)

Thankfully my dad is a huge film buff and he'll watch anything with me (watched Son Of Saul with my pops)
Sister is a film enthusiast and my brother isn't a huge filmgoer but he'd watch whatever with us.

For years, however, my mom would get super bored during movies and get up and wash dishes or make coffee which irked me to no end. Only after I moved out I realized it was a language barrier and started using subs and then saw my mom glued to the screen when watching No Country For Old Men

>Only after I moved out I realized it was a language barrier and started using subs and then saw my mom glued to the screen when watching No Country For Old Men

you have to go back

>right now I'm listening to music, watching hockey, and shitposting at the same time
This must be why I can't focus on anything

kek, I visit home on occasion and we still do movie night.
The first movie I did the subs on was actually The Descendants. She said she was bored because she didn't know what was going on then it hit me like a bucket of water.

>implying any of you can sit through a whole kinograph without checking Sup Forums at least once

>hockey, shitposting, music
are you me
except tonight i'm on teamspeak instead of music but that's an exception
what team, hopefully youre not LA fan...

Kill yourself

>movie can't engage the audience and keep them off their phones
>"i-it's the audience's fault!"
No. Out of curiosity, and pretending this whole post isn't fake bullshit, what was the movie?

>try to watch kino
>I'm 50% lurking in Sup Forums

I have a problem.

much much much worse

laffs fan

ooh jeez. at least you got austin. canucks fan here with.

I'm sending my loved one to fuck herself 'cause can't be out of its phone. Shit I hate you people fuck you and your fucking smartphones.

What happened to people? Casual movie viewers annoy me.

fuck off you 90's born reddit cock stain

>watch movie with friends and chances are good they'll try to talk during it or won't even pay attention
>but maybe we'll be able to discuss it afterward
>don't watch movie with friend
>chances are good they haven't seen it and can't discuss it
there's no fucking winning, just watch movies alone and come here so we can call them shit. love you, bitch.

>having friends

Some of us can control ourselves and not pick up our phones right away every time it makes a sound.

I see you're using a meme to blend in, too

Eastern Promises

50's and 60's and 90's+ born people are equally indoctrinated.

filth like you actually believe you're human

why are you so angry? relax, man.

> Out of curiosity, and pretending this whole post isn't fake bullshit
So it's fake bullshit why? Because it hasn't happened to you? Or you just think that it's beyond the realm of possibility that someone would text during a movie?
Jeez, man.

It might be a meme but it's also genuinely how I feel. I mean it every time I say it.

Maybe that's why you don't have any real friends, user.

No a lot of people simply have short attention spans and can only stay focused on something that's action packed.

I'm and I can't watch anything without getting distracted.

It's not simply about it being action packed, in fact i prefer movies with a slow pace, it's just a matter of my ability to consume one thing for so long

>why are you so angry?
BECAUSE EVERYTHING YOU POST IS WRONG AND STUPID AND IT MAKES ME MAD! GRRRRRR!

Nothing wrong with that. Enjoy movies how you want to enjoy them.

>uses the term "kino"
>claims to have friends

your story's fulla holes

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT YOU DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT I WANT TO SEE YOUR MANAGER ASSHOLE GOD DAMNIT

>75580322
he was actually watching a superior kino on there

But I do, there's just a lot of morons on Sup Forums who should kill themselves.

seek help please

Okay user