I LOVE long continuous tracking shots. Suggestions?

First of all, I hope that "tracking shot" is the right term. If it's not, please correct me.
I love shots like this, they work well in horror or action movies. The most recent example I've seen is from "Yakuza Weapon." It's a scene where the hero is in a warehouse, and it's a single, continuous 10 minute shot of him kicking ass through multiple floors of bad guys. Other good examples are in "Oldboy" and "Bunraku." Can anybody suggest other movies where this is used?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3Sr-vxVaY_M
youtu.be/zESe7U467vs
vimeo.com/56335284
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Children of Men is GOAT when it comes to this sort of thing.

did you expect to talk film in Sup Forums ?

Bela Tarr

Fine, I'll bite. Look into older movies, especially older european movies.

I hope this is what you're looking for, OP

youtu.be/3Sr-vxVaY_M

youtu.be/zESe7U467vs

what you love is raping little boys and you'll burn in hell for it you fucking pedo, kys

The Goodfellas one is legendary for a few reasons. I think it was a brutally expensive shot too.

Malick and Bela Tarr's flicks are pretty much nothing but this.

Do you ever expect discussion, or do you just feel compelled to post your boyfu? It's weird, you seem like you put a lot of time into thinking these question up.

Bela Tarr movies
Alan Clarke's Elephant
Gus van Sant's Elephant
Boogie Nights
The last two Inarritu movies (Birdman and The Revenant)
Children of Men (and other Cuaron movies)
Goodfellas
Kieslowski's French movies
Touch of Evil

Beginning of "Touch of Evil" has one of the most famous ones

Exclusively tracking shots
>Birdman
>Russian Arc

At least one really good tracking shot
>Children of Men (probably the most famous)
>The Revenant
>Spectre
>True Detective
>the new Planet of the Apes, I forget if it was dawn or rise since they basically mean the same thing

Meme tracking shots
>It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
>Mr. Robot
>Tintin
>Gravity

Inarritu uses some simulation, I belieeeve, particularly on Birdman, which makes the exercise futile in my opinion, though OP may think differently.

The motherlode for these shots is Kenji Mizoguchi. He usually constructs his films mostly out of long takes - rather than continuous movement they tend to be made out of a series of movements and settled positions.

Touch of Evil's opening one is great, but there's a second one some way into the film involving the interrogation of a suspect and planting of evidence - six minutes of continuous action in an interior, broken into a series of stages as with the Mizoguchi shots mentioned above.

I would ask you how it feels to be so dumb, but I doubt you'd be able to articulate

vimeo.com/56335284

There is an episode of xfiles in a ship in the bermuda triangle that is fucking AMAZING. I don't know the name of the episode, but I'm sure people have written about it online.

this

ahhhhh the french

Soy Cuba

Why is it dumb to think a fake continuous take is pointless?

my nigga

The best I have seen was in the movie Atonement.

I can't stand that scene. Joe Wright has no personality as a director, tries to make up for it with a bit of showboating, then goes back to the same dull shots of people talking.

"Triangle"
Fantastic episode all around.

Daredevil S1 had a great hallway fight that was a one-shot.