These are all the best films from each decade starting with the 30s

These are all the best films from each decade starting with the 30s

holy shit i wanna slap you so bad

I 100% agree my good gentlesir, what fine taste you have here!

*tips gold*

i only know 2 of them

srs?

nice argument

I actually don't recognize the top right
8 1/2?

plen

sunset blvd, it was meh

Sunset Boulevard is so fucking dope

Here's my take on your grid, OP, from top-left to right-bottom:

Maybe, Maybe, No,
Maybe, No, No,
No, Maybe, No.

What's the scifi asian one

It's Blade Runner, and you're lucky not to have seen it, assuming you ain't meming.

gold for you my dear gentlesir
8½ came out in 1963.

bump

Reddit must be cool if Gilbert did an AMA for them! I'm gonna go read that NOW

There's no fucking way inception is the best film of the 2010s...

ok...

I saw only 4 of those.

>The Godfather
>Blade Runner
>Pulp Fiction
>Inception

Would you say that they're the best of their respective decades?

Seen seven of these. M, Citizen Kane, Sunset Blvd., 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, Pulp Fiction, Spirited Away. No interest in the Nolan, little interest in the Coppola.

shot

You're missing out not having seen the first 2 Godfather movies. Truly masterclass.
That being said, wtf am I missing with Citizen Kane? I get they did some cutting edge shadows and camera angles for it's time, but it I don't get the worldwide praise

Not even the best Godfather movie

Probably not. But I'm not sure.

most of these are good but theres no way inception in 2010s isnt bait.

wrong

>muh obscure movies makes my taste better

Neck yourself

No, but these are the most well known good movies of each decade with the exception of Spirited Away

The level of flexibility, making the camera and sound do all kinds of things, basically rediscovering everything that had been possible in cinema up until that point. It helps to see a lot of French Impressionistic and German Expressionist films, then see dozens of American thirties movies and watch them gradually forget all these bold possibilities, then see Citizen Kane bring them back in 119 minutes.

Should have been 'Impressionist' not 'Impressionistic', but you get my meaning.

Don't watch any thing below past the 60's but for the rest the only correct things are 2001 and blade runner

Most of these shots are cropped, you philistine.

all of them are, the website OP used does that

you think spirited away is good and deserves to be there and isnt bait but inception is?? wat

Spirited Away is a masterpiece.

ok, but you think its comparable to films like 2001 or citizen kane??

not awful until the 90s then it becomes shit-tier

Yes. Why do you think it isn't comparable?

It's a fucking kids movie. It's like Disney shit. You out that on the same level as 2001 or godfather or apocalypse now or seventh seal or 8 1/2?

It's not only for children, and it's nothing like Disney. Have you seen it?

The only one of the films you've listed there that I would say is on its level is 2001.

Best i've seen each decade

30's: M
40's: The treasure of the sierra madre
50's: The 400 blows
60's: The graduate
70's: Badlands
80's: Amadeus
90's: The sweet hereafter
00's: Spirited away
10's: The grand budapest hotel

>The only one of the films you've listed there that I would say is on its level is 2001.
you are a fucking retard and don't know anything about films if you think that spirited away is on or even close to the same level as 2001.

going to go watch the sweet hereafter now considering i like every other film you've listed here (kinda meh on budapest personally but that's just me)

What do you base this on?

What website is this, I want to make some kinogrids!

Bighugelabs
Badlands is great but if you think 400 blows is the best of the 50s watch more films
Bigger than life, a simple story, inauguration of the pleasure dome, Mexican bus ride, the fiend of Athens, Johnny guitar, Lola montes, letter never sent

Thank you!

My opinion.
No - Modern Times
Yes
No- North by Northwest
No - Dr. Strange love
No- Jaws
Don't care about the rest. It's all relative though.

I always felt Blade Runner was overrated. Not bad, just not as balls-to-the-wall amazing as everyone claims.

Name the movies plox cool shots

Non retarded list here

20's: The Passion of Joan of Arc
30's: M
40's: A Matter of Life and Death
50's: Tokyo Story
60's: Persona
70's: The Mirror
80's: Blue Velvet
90's: The Thin Red Line
00's: In the Mood for Love

Only if you promise to watch them all
The kidnapping
Ornamental hairpin
Black sky

Fire in Castilla
Narcissum and psyche
Blind owl

The enclosed valley
Birdsong
Finisterrae

Nice, agree on everything except M and Persona

You filthy lying faggot why don't you just admit to like shitty flicks like the rest of humanity

Go back to your capeshit thread

00s goes for Lord of the rings for me. I don't care if is not approved by the artsy fartsy squad. The cast, direction, photography, acting, soundtrack, special effects were good, everything was good. It's not about some existentialist bullshit like half of the movies in your list but LOTR is perfect regardless.

Okay put your bullshit look-at-me-im-smart lists. Here are the real contenders

20s: Metropolis; Nosferatu; anything by Chaplin
30s:M; Wizard of Oz; Gone With the Wind; Mr. Smith Goes to Washington; Chaplin again; Marx Bros movies
40s: Casablanca; Citizen Kane; anything by Disney
50s: Hitchcock; Kurosawa; 12 Angry Men
60s: I don't know, I don't like the 60s
70s: Superman; One Flew Over the You Know What; a million other movies. This and the 80s were the best decades for American cinema.
80s: see 70s
90s: T2; Schindler's List; Saving Private Ryan; Fight Club; Waterworld; Leon; 5th Element
00s: LotR; Kill Bill; Gangs of NY & The Departed; 40yo Virgin; Little Children; In Bruges; Inglourious Basterds; Hurt Locker
10s: TBD

edgelord

Actual question, why are you on this site?

absolutely terrible

>I don't know, I don't like the 60s
lmfao watch more films.

>falling for stale bait

>Finisterrae
Jackie?

Actual question, why are you asking that question?

lame

>watch more films
no thank you

There seems to be a real shift in taste in your list between 12 Angry Men and T2. There's this period of thirty years represented by two movies, then when you pick up with the 90s, your tastes seem quite different. What makes your preferences among classics so different from your preferences in contemporary cinema?

who the fuck is jackie

WHO JACKIE?

The only one on there that was the best of its decade is 2001.

>starting with the 30s
Dead on arrival.

pleb