Why did this scene work so well yet the plane scene was so cringy?

Why did this scene work so well yet the plane scene was so cringy?

Because the clown masks were "cool" but the thing overall made no sense unless all of the bus drivers were in on it. Wouldn't the bus that had to follow the bus that just drove out of a hole in a bank think something was weird about that and call someone?

About the plane scene, I'm not a racist or anything but how did someone with the name Juan Ovyu get into a top secret rescue mision with the US Government?

>Because the clown masks were "cool"
This. TDKR was just boring people talking and a big guy with a really loud voice.

plane scene was kino

The clown masks were from the original Batman show and I like things like that.

because of dunhear

>'big' guy
>Tom Hardy is 5' 6"

WHAT A FUCKING PLOT HOLE

>but the thing overall made no sense unless all of the bus drivers were in on it
They're all in the union. Have you seen how bus drivers typically drive?

Tom Hardy weighs 150 lbs (68 kg).
“I'm not a big guy anyway. I'm only, what, 150 pounds? I was 190 (86 kg) for Batman, 179 (81 kg) for Warrior.
>I'm not a big guy anyway
>5.7
>68kg
goddammit he really wasn't really a big guy at all

Because Nolan can't do dialog.
There was almost no dialog in the TDK starting scene compared to one in TDKR.
It's also a more realistic scenario in the capeshit universe.

The plane scene has terrible dialogue and Aiden Gillen can't act. If he wasn't so hammy it might have worked better. But then we wouldn't cherish the scene the way we do.

The bank was swift and to the point while the plane was hammy and drawn out

It's not cringy. It's just the power of memes and hivemind mentality.

TDK intro had Willy Fincher

Clown scene, though it made no sense, was dynamic and followed a storytelling pattern. The Joker reveal was cool because it came at the climax of an action-heavy scene. Plane scene just sort of sat there before and after the Bane reveal (which was passive on his part, unlike the Joker), then when the action started it was just messy and chaotic.

I thought it was cool at first while I was watching it, but it is cringy. It's incredibly unrealistic how well timed and choreographed it was. It was silly.

I don't know, I think even the car interior shot at the very beginning of the scene is funny

Goyer can't do dialog

This was the best scene in the entirety of the TDKR

Way better than anything in the third film

Why didn't he just spit the smoke canister out at the end?

I just watched it now, I think it's just that everything is so flat and without impact, the sound mixing is weird and kinda tinny and of course the cut to CIA

Just every single facet of this scene is bizarre and funny

I often read that this scene was "inspired by Heat" but I never got that besides William Fichtner being it. Are people just so braindead that they automatically associate a modern bank robbery with Heat?

this desu

the definitive moment in of the nolan trilogy, cemented it

not necessarily even the scene but the fact that it was the intro etc

Well in realty it should have burn the fuck out of his mouth.

Random problems I had with it (in hindsight; I try not to overthink a movie during the initial viewing):

>Like most of the Joker's plans, it was far too intricate and depended on too many factors going just right to work. No matter how intelligent you are, if your plan hinges on other people unknowingly behaving/acting in a particular way (and at a particular time) to work, you're fucked.

>Motivation. Robbing banks is the oldest and most unoriginal crime in all of SuperVillainHood, and frankly beneath a mastermind like the Joker, but the motivation for doing so is at least something we can understand. Who doesn't love money, right? Yet later, Joker goes out of his way to demonstrate that he's all about the anarchy and chaos than getting rich. So what was the bank scene all about? Just for the fun of fucking with the mobsters?

>The whole "shooting all the crew" thing honestly made little sense once you bear in mind that the Joker's motivation isn't greed. Getting it to work required a decent amount of planning and execution (heh), but if Joker's not about the money, then what was the point? Worse yet, it's a stupid move if you ever plan to work with a crew again--once you get a rep for killing all your accomplices, who's gonna be willing to work with you?

Does anyone else think the sound in this scene was fantastic?

>Just for the fun of fucking with the mobsters?
that was literally the point, it was a mob bank and im assuming you saw the rest of the movie so i dont need to explain why he did that

you have any idea who youre stealing from

Because it feels like it was influenced by Theif and Heat.
Whereas the plane scene feels like it was influenced by Air Force One and Executive Decision.

How did you forget that the point of grabbing the mob's money was to get them to give him the support he needed to fuck with Batman and the city?

Shit man. It's not even good writing, but it was laid out clearer than the Usual Suspects, so I don't know how it went over your head.

Bane's stupid goddamn voice.

This entire post is fucking retarded and you should feel bad

Better than the robot shit they had going into test audiences.

Plane scene has no internal logical consistency and does not fit into the story.

It literally exists to show the audience how intelligent and ruthless Bane is. However, if you spend any amount of time thinking about it, his plan was terrible.

The scene shouldn't exist.

I guess we'll never know

>Why did this scene work so well
Did it? Literally nothing impressed me in this trilogy but maybe that's just me.

I am from the r/Movies subreddit and can confirm that all this poster has done is lift the top comment out of a shitposting thread.

We can all agree he was the best cast character in the whole series right?

Are you retards for real? I thought you guys just pretended to be idiots but generally had a clue when it came to film if you tried.

It worked so well because it was a big dumb crazy plan that didn't even make sense to try to execute. Which made it a perfect thing to have the Joker do, because it fits his character to attempted such a pointless elaborate plan. It outlined that the Joker was a lunatic, but he was also intelligent, ruthless and had a method to his madness.

The Bane scene made no sense for a lot of reasons, but it doesn't have the lining of "this is something Bane would do." because it isn't something Bane would do.

Couldn't agree more. Bane had literally nothing to gain from going through all that. He already HAD Pavel in his clutches. Yeah, there was that throwaway line about wanting to know what Pavel had told the CIA, but he never really got a straight answer to that, anyway. Then you consider all the trouble they went to to make the crash seem like an accident, even though they had nothing to lose if the crash had seemed suspicious. There was no way that anyone had enough pieces of the puzzle to know what Bane's plan was, even if he had scratched "BANE WUZ HERE" on the side of the fuselage.

The dialogue delivery in the plane scene is highly unnatural and poorly written in a very unusual way.
For one thing, it's just not written in the way that human beings actually fucking talk
For another thing, the plane engine is loud and the consequent yelling makes the delivery of the lines that much more strange and unnatural.

What if the joker was actually a ghost who possessed people?