ASMR: What is the appeal? Every time I try to listen to it, it just weirds me out...

ASMR: What is the appeal? Every time I try to listen to it, it just weirds me out, I don't get "happy tingles" or whatever the fuck they call it. Am I doing it wrong? Also general discussion thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/llK2mcHNacg
youtube.com/watch?v=8cdrk-oFXO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't get it they just whisper like little faggots

My thoughts, too. Why would I want to sit and listen to someone eating into a mic, or scratching random shit

makes me feel good + sleepy. I listen every day before bed for a few minutes.

What's your favorite kind/which gives the best response?

ASMR is the body responding to acoustic stimuli and less directly related to w/e the people in those videos are doing. Usually happens to me once or twice a year when I hear a new song that I suddenly like. But once I hear the song it doesn't happen again.

you have to have a fairly high level of Asperger's to get it.

Close up whispers, especially slow, is my favorite. I also like slow crinkling noises, slow hand movements, and slow drawing/painting. I guess I like it slow.

Ear to ear whispering, preferably in a language I don't understand so I can focus just on the sounds.

I get extremely fucking horny from the ear licking/kissing/eating. I don't know why. I just popped one on one at and i was hard as diamonds.

I know some people seek out specific sounds though that trigger the response. The music thing make sense to me though, I guess that could be how I've felt it.

The whispering to me is the weirdest one, it just makes me uncomfortable. I like some of the eating ones, but I don't know if that's ASMR response or I just like watching people eat.

Do you prefer the microphones that are split into the ears? Or does it not make a difference?

Autistic Sounds Made by Retards

I don't know asmr enough so I'm gonna go with yes

The roleplay ones, yes. I don't know how anyone can take that seriously.

This is another reason why I prefer foreign language ASMR. Can't cringe if you don't understand what they're saying.

That's fair. Any particular languages you like?

This but opposite,it'll just seem alien and weird to to an aspie.
t. aspie

Makes like the back of my brain feel warm and fuzzy, especially if I haven't listened to any for about a week.

Also makes me sleepy and relax before bed. Seems autistic and it kinda is but it works so idgaf

youtu.be/llK2mcHNacg

What's your favorite type?

Whispering ear to ear, Ephermeral Rift and JoJo's ASMR are pretty good for the voices. Tapping as well on either plastic or wooden objects can be nice.

this right here...mmmmmm
youtube.com/watch?v=8cdrk-oFXO0

The lip smacking sounds just ruin it for me. She's cute though.

It's the closest thing to recorded pillow talk we'll get.

I am into ASMR of cats grooming themselves... is that weird?

I'll have to look up JoJo's!

Scratchy Scratchy

People would do a lot for that sort of thing, huh?

Cat ownership has proven to help with medical stuff, so not too weird.

I usually listen to ASMR in Russian and Polish, though that's not because I like the languages but because that's what my favorite creators happen to speak.

What's asmr stand fer