Overrated garbage

Overrated garbage

I watched it a few years ago, it sucked and the "dude abstract" thing didn't get to me at all.

Now i watched it for the 2nd time and its still shit.

I've read a lot of analysis to find out what I was missing about this movie but now that I've real all the breakdowns and theories about this movie it's even more stupid

It's like Pollock's paintings, meaningless "dude so deep" garbage

>It's like Pollock's paintings, meaningless "dude so deep" garbage
Sage

ikr, I can't stand movies that try to portray something else than what they are, like the scene with the hitman, it was a funny enjoyable scene, and I would love to see more of him or even a movie about that hitman, but then you read that it was actually only a psychological representation and the hitman wasn't real and it's all ruined

jitterbug = the dance the old people do at the start, also slang for shakes & hallucinations from drying out from booze in rehab. = the movie is an old lesbians jitterbug fantasies about her fucked up life (protip: shes her own aunt).

you should feel ashamed for being so stupid to not know this

>dude I need to spend 100 hours analyzing every second of the movie to find out what the movie is actually about, because the filmmaker couldn't just make a movie about it

>to find out what the movie is actually about, because the filmmaker couldn't just make a movie about it
>what the movie is actually about
>couldn't just make a movie about it
Do you realize how fucking dumb you sound?

I feel the same way OP. why do all these movies make me think? thinking makes my brain hurt. all movies should have easily understandable narratives that are not challenging at all. what's the point of thinking deeply about art? who wants to do that? I'd rather just zone out and stare blankly at a succession of images and sounds. anyway great work OP keep it up

You obviously know what I meant you faggot, if someone makes a movie lesbian fantasies then not make the movie about lesbian fantasies and not random scenes completely unrelated to what the movienis about unless you spend 100 hours studying every second just to find out "oh so that's what the movie is about"

But he did make a movie about a lesbians drug induced fantasy. That's what the whole fucking movie is about. Are you dense?

If you think it takes 100 hours to figure out MD then you're retarded.

yeah, a movie about how shallow and soul-sucking Hollywood is so STOOOPID

kill yourself pleb

And I bet you never even thought about that when you watched it for the first time, maybe even second, or until you read shit ton of analysis or study the movie for 100 hours just to figure out what the movie is about

Dude its super simple. The beginning up until after Club Silencio is a post suicide limbo dream about how blond wishes her life had went. Thats why at Club Silencio the guy says everything is a recording, thats why the singer collapses while she sings Crying. Then you have the flashback of what really happened when the cowboy wakes her up after the Club Silencio scene.

In reality Blond had Brunette murdered by the hitman because Brunette cheated on her with the director and became successful.

Thats why Brunette has amnesia in the dream, so she never goes up the path to the director's house at the crossroads because of the car wreck.

The old people are demons that bring her into the death dream world.

The 'Man' behind Winkies is actually the Blond or specifically the Blond's guilt for killing the Brunette in real life. Thats why the random guy has the heart attack in the dream when he sees it, because he saw her pay the hitman for the job in real life.

In the dream, Brunette has the bag of money, so that means the hit never took place. In reality the hitman had the bag of money which means the hit did take place.

The hitman in the dream was shown to be awful at his job, shooting all the wrong people and setting the building on fire. In reality he was a normal hitman and killed the Brunette.

In the dream the director is tortured because in reality he stole Brunette from Blond.

In the dream the director loved the Blond as an actress but was forced to use the other girl because of the mob. In reality, Blond was an awful actress.

The dead body they find laying on the bed in the dream is actually the Blond after she committed suicide but as another person, so that to her dream self she really didn't go through with it. Remember they are laying in the exact same position in the exact same apartment.

Not everyone is as retarded as you, user

You're a fucking meme.
You're the kind of moron that feels the need to call something garbage because it doesn't fit the pre-established conventions present in your tiny little head.
Stick to capeshit you waste of oxygen.

Lynch's movies aren't meant to be examined logically and rationally.

They are like a dream: you just absorb the visual language and symbols without worrying about the deeper meaning of it, instead just guiding you experience by the emotions roused from the experience.

If you felt the need to watch it twice there was obviously something that stuck with you

kek you love the movie and don't even know it

I think it's just a great collection of very interesting scenes. I can understand why people hate it, though.

Yes, this is exactly what it is. Its not abstract or unknowable at all. If you follow Lynch's films, Twin Peaks, or had read his awful book, its totally understandable.

The plot of Lost Highway is very similar, the guy is having his death dream while he is in the electric chair for killing his wife.

Inland Empire is also the same, but she is trapped in different films instead of a dream.

>she is trapped in different films
more like trapped in random dream David had during filming

Inland Empire is masturbatory nonsense

k