Any advice for a guy who is terrified with the thought of death...

Any advice for a guy who is terrified with the thought of death? The fact that sometime I will be non-existent scares me a lot.

Are you scared of the fact that you didn't exist for billions of years before you were born?

the fact that you need to keep happy, do exercise or whatever that keep you distracted of this thought

try not to think about it

There are more frightening aspects to death and if you believe you havnt died then its a fear of the unknown

Didn't we do this last night? Did you get nothing from that thread?

EH, just do other shit to occupy your mind. Fuck bitches, drink, get high, read more books, make money.

Seriously, if your mind isint occupied with what’s going on in your life while you’re alive, then you’re living your life wrong.

Why would you be scared of not existing ? Existing is the scary part.

Read "The Tibetan book of living and dying".

If you really want to grow as a person and let go of that fear, of course. Else, do nothing.

This, OP, is what you need to focus on. You have already been non-existent for a long time. Why are you afraid of going home?

This is not very helpful for someone worried about death. I don't think it's possible for many people to ever truly come to terms with their own mortality. It's natural to think about it from time to time and it can be a scary thing especially if you are alone in bed at night trying to sleep. I think you should ask yourself why you are concerned about it in this moment. Are you suffering from health issues? Or just scared something random might befall you?

Checked.

Death is either a dreamless sleep or a form of some afterlife. So it's a win win.

The worst thing is outliving all of your family and loved ones and being the last. It feels like you don't belong in the world.

>logical reasoning is not helpful
tits or gtfo

Your soul will continue to exist.

Wait you are telling me there's no way to prevent death from happening? Fuck that shit!

Join a religion and believe in an afterlife. If you don't want to do that, then here's this to think about

When your life is over, you will finally be at peace with yourself. You will have nothing to worry about anymore. You will have achieved the final stage of peace, nothing mattering, waiting for nothing.

Give me a break. Tell someone on their deathbed that shit and see how much it helps them. I'm not saying you should feed someone religious BS or any of that but try to empathize for one second what it would feel like be close to death.

Hey cunt.....listen here....do you remember being 2 months old ? NO....i barely remember what happened 2 h ago ......when you die ...nothing happens.....your memories will be gone ...FIN ......live your life now...don't think about death ..it will come...enjoy life while you can bruh

Join a Catholic church and find Jesus, lead a righteous life you will have nothing to fear when your time comes.

Deathbed? OP said nothing about being on his deathbed. This is called "moving the goalposts" and is a favourite tactic of women when they are losing an argument. So, again, tits or gtfo.

Read philosophy?

Religiotards. There's no escaping their ubiquiderp.

I am surprised by how little this concern is talked about. When I was younger this idea bugged me a lot. Eternity is scary when you try to comprehend it. For me I just accept that our brains were not meant to understand it and focus on the principle that our lives have meaning and purpose. This experience was not for nothing. There is a reason we all are here. So following that logic our death is not the end. What then happens after death? This life is a lesson for what comes next. Are you prepared for what is to come after death? The scariest possibility is becoming an enemy of the one that created you. I would suggest trying to find your creator and establishing a relationship with him. Because he is real and your afterlife is real. Jesus Christ is real and he is Lord. He paid for your sins and he wants to save you. If you decide to read the Bible start with the New Testament because you will start with the Gospels. God Bless!

Do you remember the time before you were born?
>no
Will you know when you are dead ?
>no
Life really is but a dream.

Keep yerself busy you lazy arse

B-b-but what about hasadigawew, i thought he was the true crator!

That's not going to happen. I'm too frightened by it. I will simply tell it to go away and leave me alone when the time comes. I would like to be around to witness the future of humanity and all the cool things I can do then.

if you're terrified of death find religion and get comforted by believing in an afterlife

Come on dude, please tell me that I will be able to "avoid" death somehow to give me some sense of hope? I really wanna live forever.

What is a soul? Its like a ghosty person of the owner? A lot of our habits and traits come from our body desires, does these traits get erased after we become a holy ghost to fly away to the side of our creator? To live in a paradise designed by Him? How is this paradise? We get unlimited sex, food and hapines? We feel pain and sadness or bored at all? I'm just curious to see someone believe in this whole concept so deeply without having a consensus of how it works. If we do have an eternal soul after we die I don't see the point of having a life after all... We could just live eternally happy forever, without having to deal with the pain of being raped, robbed, cheated or killed. What's the catch here that I'm not seeing? The only reason that I would create life in these limited terms would be because I was bored and wanted to have some keks at their expense.

Have your whole body or your brain cryogenically frozen. You can finance this by purchasing a life insurance and making said company the beneficiary.

What if he has a triple-digit IQ?

>What is a soul?
It's non-existent. Fiction. Fake. Crap. Clear?

What if when you die you don’t go to heaven. It’s just nothing. Just silent blackness. A sleep you are stuck in for eternity. A nothingness that would make you want to go to hell because it would at least be something. What if your consciousness follows your body and you are trapped in a dark box under ground for eternity. No light, no sound, no sleep, no escape.

sauce?

Personally the fact that there's nothing at the end and I won't get to live a life anymore is what scares me, personally I enjoy living and just being gone forever not being able to do anything is the scary shit

Thank god a comfy place to be with no needs to fulfill. Life is pain that you have no good excuse to pass away, because you don't know what comes next. I wish I could go back to non-existence without anyone knowing me, the only thing I would like to see was the end of mankind/universe.

You won't feel a thing and won't have a thought. There's nothing to fear cuz you won't ever experience it. And just live life in the moment. You don't know when you'll die so quit wasting time, use it to motivate you to live.

Unless you do experience it and it's the most frightening thing to ever experience.

This

Those of you who say you are not scared to die
Do any of you own a truck or know how to fly a plane?

I have had the same fear. I am a doctor, atheist and spent more than enough time researching religion, spirituality and philosophy. A fear of death is normal, an archaic survival adaption designed to protect us. It works over short time periods, with intense panic usually due to adrenaline and resulting in panic. This design is for life and death situations, but can be triggered inappropriately by musing on the subject. In terms of the afterlife the simple truth is that there is no answer at this time. We cannot believe the bible, quran or any other religious text as they provide no evidence beyond themselves, a circular fallacy.

Science has shown that there is no evidence for sustained brain activity after death, or evidence for a separate soul (i.e duality.) Some anecdotal evidence of near death experiences are explained well by the release of DMT, and similiar experiences can be triggered using drugs.

1/2

2/2

Ideas of being part of a hologram or programme provide no information on what exists outside of them, but if we are indeed a code that appears sentient there is no reason we could not be stored in memory banks after the active programme ceases. But for now we have no compelling truth, so we are left to speculate.

Look at it this way, there are 4 main options. 1) There is life after death 2) There is no life after death 3)There is something inbetween the definitions 4) There is something outside the definition. Option 1 means that you will never know about it, as upon death you will have no memory of life or indeed any way of experiencing it. This may be terrifying, but actually it is peaceful and in all essence it has essentially already happened. In the eternity of time your life has already passed, so enjoy it whilst you can. The other 3 options present a safeguard, but you will have to wait to find out. So 75% is in your favour.

But how about this. Think about it. You are here against insurmountable odds. The very atoms that comprise your body only exist because of a very stringent set of rules, set in time and space, within a narrow window of entropy, sculpted by years of chance and adaption and finally by luck. You are molecules that can think, act, understand, question, and assign value. You are so privaleged to have such an opportunity, and death and its uncertainty is a small price to pay for what a tiny fraction of the universe can experience.

The fear of death wanes with time, as we begin to grow out of it. As a doctor I have seen many in their last moments, and most seem at peace.

By that time you will be curious, thankful, and unafraid.

The thing you are afraid of is your own impermanence, the idea that nature will force you to recognize that you were not the center of things and it will all keep spinning without you. The only cure for your fear is immortality. Find comfort in the notion that your memory will persist after your death. There are several ways to accomplish this:

1) By far the most common method to achieve immortality is to have children. they carry YOUR (it doesn't work if you got cucked and are raising another man's child) blood and genetic sequence into the future and that child (and optimally that child's children as well) will think about you and try to emulate you.

2) Craft a work of art. Writing, paint, photography, music ect. have some kind of physical artifact that is sufficiently valuable to society to force discussion about you and your life. Picasso is a great example of this. Nobody gave a fuck about him his entire life, he died alone, poor, and detested. Now art majors spend all day circle jerking each other over his every decision.

3) Be infamous. Be the next Jonestown, wako texas, ruby ridge. Find a loose ideology you can twist (communism is an easy one, if you want real attention go for something religious that always freaks people out) and soak your name in the blood of the innocent and loyal until none can forget you. NOTE a simple mass shooting will not be enough (the west has one every week) this will take time to cultivate.

4) Run for office, they'll be forced to write your name down in all sorts of ledgers and documents by default. you'll probably have a highschool named after you where the kids will have to spend 45 min for 9 weeks learning about you.

5) Be interesting in general. Be that guy that people tell stories about (this one time my friend in college, your crazy aunt, ect.)

Fortune favors the bold.

Dunno man. When I first struggled with this I got really hedonistic, me me me kind of thing. More sex, more drugs, more food, for partying, more. And unfortunately it took a lot of years before it started backfiring. When it did I started to try and self analyze and I came to the conclusion it's just not worth it in the long run to maintain that kind of lifestyle.
It's the society around me that allowed me to explore it in the first place, what am I gonna do sponge it up until I'm fuckin' saturated or what? Nah man, it's important that we all give back, leave a legacy. It's important that we all contribute to that society so others can learn this on their own. Let me tell you learning that you're developing into a person you don't want to be when you're already pretty far down the road is a tough thing to wrap your head around but I'm glad I did, or at least am really beginning to. Good luck to you in your quest to find meaning OP, I think I've found mine

Read.
Nietzsche, Dostoyevsky, and Kierkegaard are a good start.

Just don't think about it. Distract yourself from those thoughts by doing things you enjoy.

I'd like to say this advice applies to general existentialism too. I know there's a lot of you hedonistic fuckers on here, so please use this as a cautionary tale. Faggots

Your legacy is all the world will have to remember you by. Make it count.

these quads

I don't fear dying. I fear missing out on what will happen after my death.

If this is what you think is revolutionary and would change someone's mind you seriously have some critical thinking to do

Hahaha you fucking bitch. Why do you love existing so much? Are you successful? Are you happy? Do you use your time to change something?
No, you are just a fucking waste and the world would be better if you never existed in the first place, so stop bitching like a child about things that will fucking help you.
There is nothing more pathetic than a loser like you living a life in fucking fear that said life ends.
Fucking normie bitch gtfo.

.face your fear kill yourself

i call mega bs on that . thats fucking wishful thinking , i want to survive, and ill cling to my life with absofuckinglutely any , and i mean fucking ANY , means necessary , we only get this chance once boys . then we just stop existing , adios , cya , no more .