I want to see if people can crack my code. pic related

i want to see if people can crack my code. pic related.

A long twisting silhouette grows.
It flies, tall, black. It stretches miles.
It weaves, slick, slithering swiftly...
and then... settles, veiling the light.
The light shatters. Blind, deaf, mute, numb.
A great big fear attacks me now.
It flies, tall, black, in a dark haze.
Is it sure? True? Real? Not? Friend? Foe?

Other urls found in this thread:

poetryarchive.org/glossary/stress
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1vF0HySkrC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP is being chased by niggers at night time

lol'd

Is it a code or a riddle? Cause if its a riddle its kinda dumb. If its an actual code no way im solving that shit LuL. Answer is your shadow btw

it's a code, not a riddle. in fact, the meaning of the text itself is completely edge

bonp

Still thinking

Hair.

pic related? how

Heil Hitler

You're a nigger?

Surely OP will come back to give us feedback on our answers, right or wrong.

you will kill yourself in 8 hours.

hey! op here. none of you are even close. :)

pic is, in fact, related. Or at least... something about the pic is.

Is there something embeded in the photo OP

Im trash with technology OP, will i still be able to solve this?

Shadow

>There are 8 lines of text
>There are 8 syllables in each line
>8x8=64
>Or 88 is a reference to the white supremacy number
>The 8th letter of the alphabet is H
>88=HH
>HH=Heil Hitler

you're closest.

there is nothing embedded in the photo, and the photo itself isn't relevant. look at the title my dudes

like i said, the pic isn't that relevant, and nothing is actually in it. look at the name of the pic.

I'm having trouble seeing the correlation between numbers and stress. I get the the text could be referencing stress, but thats not code related. Are you stressed about learning multiplication, or stressed about Hitler?

290x174=50460

You're a surviving Holocaust victim, and your number is A50460

what's another definition of the word stress?

lol. it's the title of the image that matters.

Are we stressing certain words in the poem?

I think it has something to do with which syllables are stressed

ding ding ding

Pressure

Elaborate please?

Friend

want me to include the part about us cracking the code and pic related as a part of your "code"?

In poetry, words can be stressed or unstressed depending on how much emphasis you put into them.
poetryarchive.org/glossary/stress

nope. the edgy poem is the only important part

kk

so what is it op

It's a code meaning that edgy poem isn't related to the answer?

i dunno figure it out

the poem has no relevant meaning, that's correct.

but which syllables to stress op?

Okay, I'm still having trouble here. I understand the rules regarding stressed syllables, but is there more to solve now that we have acknowleged that? Like do I have to break apart those words from the text based on primary and secondary stresses to find a new meaning? Or was the whole point of this just to acknowledge that syllables can be stressed? Maybe I'm just reading too much into this.

this is fair. there is more to solve, though. how many syllables are there per line? why might that be, and what can you do with that knowledge?

This video is kinda dumb but will probably help
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1vF0HySkrC4

Okay, ill give it another look. We already know there are 8 lines of text, each containing 8 syllables...

Since its stressing, how about using iambic pentameter? would that take me in the right direction?

there are 8 syllables per line.
just do scansion

^/ | /^ | /^ | ^/
^/ | // | ^/ | ^/
^/ | // | ^/ | /^
^/ | /^ | /^ | ^/
^/ | /^ | // | //
^/ | // | ^/ | ^/
^/ | // | /^ | //
^^ | // | // | //

Can op tell me if i did it right or if I’m close

one sec.

cool. the reason i posted this here was to see how people did scansion on the poem.

Your first, third, and seventh lines are different from mine, which means they wouldn't be decrypted properly. That said...

There are 8 bits in a byte, and one byte of ASCII represents one character of text.

01 10 00 11
01 11 01 01
01 11 00 10
01 10 10 01
01 10 11 11
01 11 01 01
01 11 00 11
00 11 11 11

Okay. Watched this and another video, then came back and looked over the text. Still just as confused. Maybe I've just been out of school for too long, and poetry was never of interest to me, so I guess I will just wait on OP or someone else to reveal the solution. MFW

Translating this into ascii gives you “curious?” I think we got trolled

walkthrough:
- convert unstressed syllables to 0 and stressed syllables to 1
- each line in the poem is now a byte
- binary to ascii

there ya go. you didn't get trolled, there just wasn't much of substance here. :)

thanks for helping me out

Okay. That was over my head. Guess my interests are too dissimilar. Would have never put this to mean anything with computer coding.

Thanks for the puzzle all the same. I didnt solve it, but it was an easy way to kill an hour

sounds tricky considering English has 4 levels of stress

Either way, whether this is wrong or right, it is solved, so it's a win for the thread and a loss for OP. (Even though he's been dropping a lot of hints lol)

Gotta do this again, man! Add some tricky cyphers next time!

cipher my b

the goal was to see how different people run scansion. you guys were helpful.

that's true! as far as poetic feet go, though, there are only unstressed and stressed syllables, which to me suggests that we can parse text as composed of sequences of those two. that's the difficulty with using this type of code.

gotchu b

I am imiatii?

It sounds like a fair amount of work but it could pheasably be automated, at least for English. I have to wonder though, about languages like Hindi where stress is determined by the weight of syllables and not a function of meaning.

I had no idea what scansion was until this thread