What are some overlooked horror movies?

pic not related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Z_JlrefqWY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bone Tomahawk

Did you guys see Creep (2014)? I fucking loved it. It's on Netflix

Inland Empire.

Might have to add that to the list. If you haven't seen it already, watch Pontypool. It's also on Netflips

It's a shame how, as a horror fan, you just have to learn to accept that found-footage is a thing. I'll check that movie out, thanks. It looks good in spite of being Canadian

Creep's way better than I thought it would be considering how much I hate Mark Duplass' stupid fucking face.
Pontypool is fantastic.

>I hate Mark Duplass' stupid fucking face.
With you on that one! Paradoxically, I like a good deal of stuff he's been in.

His face is perfect for his role in Creep though

___________________________BOO/spoiler]

he seems like he's does some fucked up shit in real life

Kill List although it doesn't go full horror until the last third or so

i watched too much of the league,
thats just pete

If it weren't for Elijah Wood the guy who directed this might have never worked again.

>overlooked

Elijah Wood is also supporting the guy who directed this. He really likes horror movies.

this guy hasn't done anything since this though

>pic not related

He's got a new project starting up now. Hopefully the years in between were spent making sure this one comes out really well.

The Borderlands
youtube.com/watch?v=2Z_JlrefqWY

Why didn't they just throw a can of paint over the monster in a public area?

oh right on

As much as I dislike the movie I like the director's explanation of the movie running on dream-logic. You know how in dreams you can't run for shit or do anything sensible to get out of trouble? He was going for that feeling.

Doesn't make the movie less of a boring piece of shit but I think it covers the retarded lack of sensible resistance to the problem.

Fug yes, the forest scene and everything after gave me a huge smile

it wouldn't do anything

That was a weird way to end a movie.

Dark City

bump

seconded. Decent film based on real (and crass) events.

They Look Like People
Session 9
Hour Of The Wolf

none of these are superb, but all are interesting in their way.
Also Channel Zero is decent. Story is X-File tier but it is directed in an almost patrician manner.

Oldfag here, I think this one is criminally underrated, its one of the few movies that doesnt actually show you the monster because "it" could be anywhere.

Plus its a real fucking story, if you havent watched this do yourself a favour and get fucking comfy.

Why didn't she just fuck a robot she knew couldn't get laid otherwise
major plot hole desu

literally the goat

Dracula's Daughter. It's my favorite Universal monster movie. I can get why it's overlooked, but it ultimately doesn't deserve it. When I see people discuss the Universal movies, it's always Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula, The Mummy, etc. That's fine, but DD at least deserves a mention in that kind of conversation. If Whale directed, it would've been the GOAT.

I support this notion. Brood is superb.

Watched this last night actually. Pretty good, but it doesn't really come together all that well until the end.

yeah true, but once it does come together it's really an awesome concept for a horror movie
those mutant kids are freaky as shit too
especially the scene in the school where all the kids are just standing there watching it and crying