Yo how do I slog through this shit game? I'm at the dragon bridge and it's still not fun

Yo how do I slog through this shit game? I'm at the dragon bridge and it's still not fun

Making a game hard doesn't make a game good.

You die and die until you don't die

it really is a good game tho

it is exactly what makes it good you casul, i bet you read rock paper shotgun and want a skip button in every game kek

>sLOG

The game isn't hard. It just has a steep learning curve. Just like OSU. Learn one thing and then use it till you have to learn more. The game isn't "Hard" its just a challenge. People play it because it's fun to overcome obstacles as a player. The Lore in the Souls series is amazing.

You can see the small letter

I've only played 2 but it fucking sucked. It really is just endless hours of boring, slow-paced combat and boss fights take fucking forever. It's not even about figuring out how to beat them, it's about having the patience to repeat the exact same moves over and over again. After beating it I couldn't help but wonder why I spent the time playing it, and will never play another Dark Souls title ever again.

also keep in mind that for the first game the real deal was pvp, the flipping havels, giant dads, hexers, grass crest with straight swords and all other sort of cancers were way harder to beat than any game boss ever holy shit

Agree

2 is the worst imo and everyone agrees
the lore was shit, the hollowing system was shit, the soul memory system was oh god why, bosses were crapy af, the powerstance was the only good thing

if you dont like it you dont play it

If you hate good games so much then go play your pleb shit instead.

The common response to these threads is telling the poster to get new material, or to fuck off. This tends to result in the tired and repetitive response “Grow up” almost without fail, as if the person who is continuously reposting the same forced meme over and over actually believes they hold some variety of mature high ground.however If you're autistic enough to keep posting these log threads mr. wheelchair, welfare man i will be happy to copypasta all this sage for you over and over and over and over

Delete, then play this instead

truth?

maybe.

overrated and overpraised shit
>but muh free dlc and content
its not the first game to give free shit
>but muh story gameplay graphics n shiet
its a triple A game waddya expect, it like a firefighter saving someone from a house on fire and expecting to become a national hero for it
>but muh sales, critics, reviews
as i said, overrated and overpraised, the critics that fan the flames are the same critics that want a skip button in every game and to be able to play a game like a movie, are they really that trustworthy ?

The pc version is really fucking shit.
But if you add some mods to put back in basic features the developers couldn't be bothered to, then it's just fucking shit.

>It's not even about figuring out how to beat them, it's about having the patience to repeat the exact same moves over and over again.

Did you ever think that maybe that was why the boss fights took you forever and the game felt like a slog? In all souls games different creatures will require different strategies and learning what approaches work is vital. Brute forcing your way with luck is just dumb as hell.

dsfix and ps3 buttons instead of xbox are the only mods you really need

I've tried all 3 Dead Souls games, thought they were all terrible.
I've tried all 3 Witcher games, thought the 1st was good, 2nd a bit linnear, and 3rd was excellent.

It's still shit with them!

then git gud you filthy casul

I fucking love dark souls.
It's not a fun game to play.

the trick to dark souls is knowing the whole game. the first playthrough is tiresome and pretty shit for most people because they don't get rewarded for progressing through the game, and it feels like it just goes on.

honest advice, watch a Speedrun that doesn't use glitches so you have a basic idea of what the game is going to do (and how to maximize your damage output)

also, dragon bridge is super early, ring a bell.

this one didn't fix his damage output and had a bad time

sorry to use an over saturated phrase but.. get fuckin' good you casual

learn how to read your opponent. if it requires you dying then so be it

I think Dark Souls is a great example to use when talking about what makes a game good and how that isn't necessarily what makes a game fun.

I've played Dark Souls a fair bit, but I've never been able to beat it. I've tried I think four times now, and get further each time, but I just eventually lose interest. I don't want to slog my way through five minutes worth of enemies just to have another shot against a boss. It's not fun. I didn't rage quit, I just stopped giving a shit. I know some people love this game and have fun playing it over and over, but I just don't.

That being said, it's a great game, at least from a technical point of view. The combat system is incredibly polished and allows far more depth and skill than any other game I've played. The atmosphere is incredible. You really do feel the darkness and despair that covers the entire world, and you feel it in every part of the game.

You can't handle the Dragon yet. There's a useless weapon you can get if you shoot it's tail in the right spot about 50 times. Go under the bridge. If you have'nt learned to fight yet and what weapon works best for your style, you'll have to go back and find the Forest with all the cliche rpg party dudes. You will have to learn to fight by fighting them, practice with different weapons to find the one you like best, then upgrade it. Oh there's a campfire hidden near the top of the stairs attack the wall to reveal it.

Oh just wait until you obtain the lordvessel, if you make it that far

If you're having a hard time grind the area to get xp and level up a few times. Here is a great place to do that.

(Continuing)

The game does a great job of letting you find the lore for yourself, and the fact that you have to just makes it feel that much more ingrained in the world itself. Other games always just let you read about the lore and history of their world, so it always feels like an afterthought. Even aside from the look and feel of the level design, the interconnected areas are incredible. The only times you ever see a loading screen are when you start a session and when you respawn. Aside from that, you can just walk seamlessly through the whole game (aside from Anor Londo and the Undead Asylum which make you watch a cutscene).

On the other hand, you have games like Skyrim that are fun but aren't really "good". Even ignoring the ridiculous number of game-breaking glitches, it's just not a well made game. The combat is boring and monotonous; either you mash the same buttons over and over or you're a stealth archer. Every dungeon feels the same with only a couple exceptions, and they all have basically the same enemies. The animation is terrible and so is the voice acting. The quests all blend together and feel pointless, but for some reason I can sink hundreds of hours into it.

TL;DR Dark Souls is good but not fun; Skyrim is fun but not good

how does it feel to suck? I bet you're even using a shield lmao

if you are legitimately having trouble progressing through the game just use the online co-op

\[T]/

Gg lol

you are pretty early in the game

This is the greatest game in a generation retard. The best game of all time imo.

You get more experience the weaker armor and weapons you use. It's a behind the scenes multiplier.

Use broken swords and shitty armor or no armor at all up until the first bell. It's tough, but your character will be a lot stronger by the time you ring the first bell.

After that, you'll need to use an actual weapon if you want to kill anything, but keep your armor low until you ring the second bell.

After that, you can deck your character out in the dopest gear and be a total boss, because your level will supercharged.

it has its merits, but it's a game I've never finished either. Ds2/3 look better to me.

Git Gud.

But actually download Wulf Dark Souls Connectivity Mod and then summon people when you need help.

Yeah, this

Something damn true but I can't say that about dark souls. What I will say is that ever since it came out a fuck ton of brainless sheep seem to think if a game is incredibly difficult or bullshit its obviously good game design, and I blame that entirely on the DS community

Learn the fucking game mechanics, learn to parry, learn to read an enemy to know when to parry, learn different weapon/armor sets and how to combine for maximum efficiency, learn the proper time to heal and how to pace your flasks, learn that there are no true "tank" builds in this game, learn to exploit poison and bleed,

just git gud.

And I've played all 6 too, and Dark Souls was significantly better. Git gud peasant.

It's dead bruh. The game is 7 years old.

kek

Deprived got me through the game.
You really dont need that starting gear, the balanced stats let you build your character perfectly and that fucking club
>That fucking club
The fucking Deprived's club will take you to the end of the game

L2p faggot or go back to CoD.

It's not hard though.

you have no clue what you're talking about

"balanced stats" are pointless and bad, your precious club would have been even better if you started as something else and did a strength build.

Kek stop playing
You geting Arthritis from this Game

I completely agree OP. I've tried getting into this boring fucking series three seperate times, and upon making it to the Bell Gargoyles I lose interest every time. The lore is great but the game is just fucking boring. Dying and having to take 20 minutes to run back isn't what most would consider fun. So it's cliche to tell people to git gud because that's the joke of it. Nobodies good at that game. The games a fucking joke. The game itself isnt good so how can people git gud if theres nothing good to git? kek

Run right at the bridge and down the stairs.

Kill the dogs first.

>The Lore in the Souls series is amazing.
I started playing Dark Souls and it is very intriguing, the game has a very empty, melancholic feel to it; the only thing I can think of is when Stephen King writes in his Dark Tower series of a world that has "moved on."

At any rate, people say that it's a lore that has to be explored and discovered through notes, in game books, etc. Is that a correct assessment?

Holy shit at the people saying its not good because they can't deal with what they call a slog.

A slog? Seriously? If you're having trouble fighting enemies in a section, particularly the beginning of the game, you know what you can do? Either learn the mechanics, which really aren't that fucking hard to begin with (the enemies in the game have really obvious windup animations for attacks and thus are easy to dodge OR are fairly easy to parry) OR you can literally run past most things that aren't bosses.

Now, if you feel like you aren't doing enough damage, that's also likely because you don't know how to either level up or you don't know how to upgrade your gear. There are one or two areas I'll admit are legitimately tough (capra demon) or bad (lost izolath), but come the fuck on, grow a pair, learn to play the game, and just beat it.

Said every pathetic chump that thinks real accomplishment is possible in a video game outside of making money.

You don't. You give up like a filthy scrub.

Git gud.

Fuck I came here to post that. So creamy...

>I like candy crush

Idk, but I can sure sLOG through this one.