Paganism is the way to go

Paganism is the way to go.
Is there any reason you haven't switched to the faith of Odin, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qx8hrhBZJ98
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is there any reason you haven't switched to the faith of Odin, Sup Forums?

Because I'm an atheist.

But The West would be better off discarding Christianity. It has become degenerate and has lead everyone into weakness and slave morality that is killing Western Civilization. The old gods are needed.

We don't missionize, you know...

I love norse mythology and more or less grew up with it, but I don't believe in it.

That being said, I've always felt a connection to my country, my history and its mythology. As a kid, I spent a lot of time hiking and playing in the mountains and forests around my city, and the summers were spent traveling the western coast of Norway by boat. It's hard to explain, but I've always felt a kind of ancestral, mystical connection to my country that I can't put into words. I don't actually believe in spirituality, though, so I feel like an idiot typing this out.

there is only kek

Maybe you are just feeling a connection to nature. I sort of feel the same way when I go on a long hike in the Appalachian hills.

I'm from Denmark (here in the U.S. studying abroad) and I know how you feel. I felt a deep connection to my fellow Danes and fellow Norsemen, and I inherited a ton of Old Norse runes from my Grandfather when he died. I decided to wear a Tyr tune around my neck one day. I felt a deep connection to the old gods and had a dream where I met Tyr. It may sound like spiritual bullshit, but since then, I've began to believe in the Old Gods and I wear the rune of Tyr around my neck every day under my shirt.

Because modern Paganism is a farce.

Maybe. But it's also a strong feeling of being connected to the people who were here before me, and I felt this even as a kid, long before I had any concept of what it could mean. It's as much a cultural connection as it is natural.
But yeah, it's an emotional state, so it's not really something that can be explained.

Thor was a drag queen.

I'm more of a Thor's man.

Just as a ruse, so he could knock Trym's head off after Mjolnir was stolen.

They should go with that storyline in those shitty Thor comics, after the female wannabe Thor stole the real Thor's hammer.

Not my actual pendant, but I have this as a necklace. Left it at a friend's house.

Cuz its for weirdos.

because I'm brown and that would make me some kind of poser

you are a damn American and thus should not be a part of Aser worship. Jesus and other middle eastern religions is what your forefathers practiced.

Act like it mutt

Read , cunt

It's not even true paganism. It's self-aggrandizing wrapped up in a bit of folkish dressing.

hvis du er fra Denmark saa bevis det. Sae holder jeg op med at harcelerer dig min lille ven.

Do you believe in magic?
Do you believe omans in nature?
Do you human sacrifice?

if yes congrats you are insane in current year and a pagan

I actually used to wear a thor's hammer necklace until one day I realized what a dickhead I was being.

Jeg er fra Horsens

>paganism

I kinda get where you're coming from. It's impossible to revive a system of beliefs that has been dead for 900 years. On top of that, Norway has been catholic and protestant since then, and we also have a very rich mythology not based in Åsatru.
To me, the connection is more to my country and its entire history, rather than just the viking age itself.

Same.
Did you ever look into the Odin brotherhood? I ended up reading all their stuff that was printed for me while in the psych ward. It was a pretty clear sign

you sound like a common nationalist. You feel a kinship with your people and land. That is good Norgebro.

Not dead, just sleeping. Best candidate for religious revival there is.

I pray for electrical grid wipeout so the cleansing can begin and the gods can fully return

>To me, the connection is more to my country and its entire history.
This pretty much, I wanted to wear something fairly inconspicuous that had strong connections to my heritage, unfortunately I did not immediately realize that thunors hammer is pretty much the fedora of jewellery.

The people of northern Europe have no business worshiping a dead Jew.

Some of us already are.

What constitutes Paganism to you, Sup Forums?

Because it is meme tier shit pushed by Jews to undermine the Christian West.

Yeah I'm not a massive faggot.

I don't unironically LARP.

You're describing Christianity.

This.

Kek and the Memetic Pantheon will encompass and replace all old religion

KEK WILLS IT

Believing in the deities of the majority of your genetic heritage, honoring your forefathers by acting heroically in this life even without promise of reward

If you're going to become an Odinist, you need to have a physique where you can wear something like this and have it not over power you. Skinny fats need not apply.

>prey to odin
>debt eliminated, thank odin
>pray to odin
>get 3 computers worth 4000 dollars, thank odin
>pray to odin
>get gf, thank odin
>pray to odin
>get 700 sqft apartment in the fucking dead center of town, thank odin

you don't even have to be humble about it, just thank him plenty he knows you love him, toast a drink in his name and his son's every now and then, and tell him he's da man and do fonz gesture at the sky

it fucking works

What sorts of pantheons were the Anglos, Swiss, and Germans into?

>tfw only into paganism because degenerate metalfag

>Show a fat person enjoying X
>X is BTFO FOR ALL TIME!

I was actually being serious though

some of us know how to poke fun at ourselves

REPENT OR ELSE

What most people call "Norse" mythology was really Teutonic mythology. And it's not like the entire Norse pantheon was worshiped all at once everywhere. Certain regions or even villages would have a few or even one god/gods that they mostly appealed to, although the others may be given the occasional prayer for certain occasions.

Freyr for example was mostly a western phenomenon, as were the other Vanir. Thor was worshipped widely, Tyr was probably originally the universal Jupiter figure in Northern Europe before his role was shifted to Odin during the Viking age.

"Gods and Myths of Northern Europe" by HR Ellis Davidson is a good academic accounting of this sort of thing.

Tengri > Odin

Meant for your post

Being true to friends and family, being loyal, honest, brave, and to generaly act as though you are descended from the Gods (whomever they may be) is a truer lifestyle than most christians. Most people are too soft to truly embrace a warrior lifestyle, but that doesnt mean they cant follow the Nine Noble Virtues. Be well, be safe, and be true to you and yours.

neat

You sound far too emotionally healthy to be on this board

The Anglos, Germans, Irish, and Scandinavians all worshiped the same gods, though the names changed slightly with the location.

I think the Swiss worshiped Moradin as they collected gold in their mountain caves.

I honestly don't understand the pagan worshipers

I can understand someone LARPing as a pagan worshiper, but I cannot understand how someone who was not raised from birth as a pagan can possibly actually believe in paganism.

Perhaps I'm not making this a clear point. Like, I can imagine someone wanting to worship something badass like Odin and Thor because it's tied to our germanic ancestors and all that. But I have a hard time believing someone ACTUALLY BELIEVES in odin and thor rather than just playing along because >muh germanic ancestors.

A lot of pagans today who aren't just larpers are free thinking people, they know it's a choice and not necessarily a transcendant revelation

I honestly think today that many of them simply do it to show respect for their ancestors, instead of falling in with the religion that relatively recently invaded and transformed their homeland

>Teutonic mythology
Not sure if you're really dumb or just a heritagefag.

That's called doing the part of catholicism that weren't kike inspired.

>The Anglos, Germans, Irish, and Scandinavians all worshiped the same gods
>Irish
Not sure if you're really dumb or just a heritagefag

It's no different from believing that the politicians you vote for are actually going to do what they say they will.

You know it's probably not true, but you do it anyway.

Yes, that includes Trump.

Germanic peoples generally had their own versions of the Norse gods you're familiar with. Anglo-Saxon Thunor = Continental Donar = Norse Thor. Anglo-Saxon Woten = Continental Wotan = Norse Odin.

paganism is for teenagers and people going through mid-life crisis

especially the nordic sort

"Paganism is the way to go."

I completely agree. Paganism is the way to go...

*to hell*

Would you prefer "Germanic" or "Indigenous European"?

I already said it's not like they all worshipped the exact same pantheon in full by a standardized set of names, but it was a tradition that radiated outwards in intensity from roughly northern Germany outwards

That guy has as much to do with paganism as Crowley does with fucking Satanism.

Praise tengri
youtube.com/watch?v=qx8hrhBZJ98

Order out of chaos, life from death and light from darkness. KEK will bring the new dawn in a maelstrom of dark fury. Praise kek.

Personally, i believe that the universe is mental in nature. Different religions act as a lense to focus the light through, into a spectrum that rings the bell in your soul. The lense of odinism, and paganism gives me the best eyesight. So to speak. Different glasses for different people, and mankind is way too wrapped up in what prescription glasses are needed.

Keep buying the "pagan" meme you autists.
Meanwhile we Christians will get jobs and have actual white families.

Well said, I agree

Haha graduate from a job and come to my farm level.

Also married with a child.

Come home white man

Okay, but that's what I mean by LARPing. Like the jews I know that don't believe in god but still do the yom kippur passover bullshit. They're just LARPing as religious jews and don't actually believe it.

Well an user said it on the internet while LARPing a made-up religion, there's no way he's bull-shitting.

The medieval Scandinavian people gave it up for Christianity, and they grew up with it. I'm inclined to believe they knew their shit more than these neo-pagan kids on Sup Forums.

NO DONT U SEE IT WUZ FORCED ON THEM

Eh, disdain for unquestioning belief is what brings most people to paganism in the first place

Very few northern Europeans converted without a sword to their neck.

Then clearly Jesus has out-Odin'd Odin, lol.

>Eh, disdain for unquestioning belief is what brings most people to paganism in the first place

That's why it's not a religion. That's why everyone calls you LARPers. None of you believe in anything, you LARP.

Well I do clean up a lot of bull shit

I have a bunch of Thor's hammer trinkets for my RenFest costumes

Worshipping any god is retarded but the old gods have important cultural value and intrest in them is only positive.

Not true. Christian Missionaries converted the kings/ chieftains of pagan tribes, and the people followed in their footsteps. That's how religion worked in that day and age. The sword saw little use, and when it *did* see use it was against a violent foe, as Charlemagne did with the Saxons.

>Christians actually believe this

What culture? There has been no "pagan" culture in over 900 years. You can't resurrect a dead religion. European culture IS Christian. Deal with it.

Yes, we actually believe verifiable history.
You're a living meme.

>None of you believe in anything

You don't need to believe in the man on the moon to have a working society. A homogeneous society based on tribal rules is all thats necessary to live happy and peaceful.

I only praise KEK

The Scandinavian peoples are Germanic. Thor/Odin, Donar/Wodan, however you want to call them, are Germanic gods.

Concerning Switzerland and Austria, they speak a Germanic language right now but their ancestors are probably Celtic (The celts originated from current day Austria)

Well in that case I'd call the majority of Christians larpers. Many people just go to church because it's the thing to do or they like the cultural in-crowd feeling, while secretly being agnostic or even atheistic.

Sometimes I'm just larping, other precious moments I connect with the divine. It's like that in any religion.

Then it isn't a RELIGION. Stop calling yourselves religious when you believe in zero gods. By believing in one god, I'm more "pagan" than you are.

Religion allows for questioning belief

But pagan LARPers don't actually believing anything to question in the first place.

If that's the case, yes, they are larping. But the fundamental difference between Christianity and "paganism" (except hinduism) is that it is a dead religion that no-one claimed to follow for over 900 years. And none of you actually believe in anything ancient pagans actually did.

This.

Because I only know that half of my DNA is purely British Isles thanks to my mother getting her DNA done. So I have no real connection to the Norse as far as I know.

>degenerate and has lead everyone into weakness and slave morality that

This has literally always been Christianity, and all Abrahamic religions.

>Paganism is the way to go.
No it isn't
It can teach us a lot about how to properly conducct ourselves but it is in no way somethign we should devote ourselves to
Also
>Odin
>Father of the gods
kek, I love it when Paganfags don't even understand the viking pantheon

Ah the forced "all abrahamism is bad" meme.
You're the cancer that ruined the alt-right.

My ancestors were not germanic so why would I take a germanic religion?

My ancestors were largely celtic, but any pre-Christian religion was essentially wiped out and all there is now is gay ass wiccanism with a "celtic flavor" so fuck all that gay shit.

I have my own personal spiritual system that would be meaningless and incoherent to anyone else, as should anyone.

There was never any unified "pagan" religion, and there's even less of one now. It's a meme that's only popular because of some history channel TV show.

As if anybody sincerely believes in the burning bush or the virgin birth. Heck, even relatively recent dogma like the assumption is patently laughable if slightly better polished.

Fuck your jewish cuckold region. Our national epoch is full of old stories about the ways of old gods. They need to discovered and appreciated again.

But they have germanic features such as pale skin and their nose and eyes look dy germanic

They are Celtic/germanic mix