Never played any resident evil games. Which one is the best? Which one should I play first?

Never played any resident evil games. Which one is the best? Which one should I play first?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B6gLxdwoEGc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

None of them

Ok

REmake (HD remake of RE1)
then RE2 and RE4
Do 3, Zero, Code Veronica and the rest then if you're interested

This is the typical opinion op. Also, 7 is good if you want a break from the mold.

I can't play 2 but I'm thinking about playing RE1 or RE4. Do I miss any of the story if I don't play RE1?

found the little pussy whos too scared of monsters.

if you want OP, start with 4, then 5, then move onto 7 since 6 was complete and utter shit.
i suggest 4,5, and 7 out of overall quality, entertainment factors, and story/game play over all.
the first games are great too if you are into that style/viewpoint

You miss the initial spark. Going straight to 4 is fine otherwise though.

4 or Nemesis

Won't lie, this sombitch gave me a few bad dreams.

Dude depends on your style.
Resident Evil 3 and Code Veronica X are the best ones when it comes down to horror. If you are into quality gameplay and don't mind old graphs, I'd recommend those.

As far as the new generation of RE, RE4 is the best out of 5 and 6.

Don't even play 7. It has nothing to do with the lore. It's the closest thing to texas chainsaw massacre meets silent hill I can think of.

Do RE4 first

>Calls me a pussy for not playing a shit franchise
Whatever you say kid.

7 was great what the fuck are you talking about
you're completely disregarding a game just because it has nothing to do with the lore, yet the lore is right there if you pay attention to the game you god damn brainlet.

Trips of truth. I guess I'm playing 4 first

go back to playing roblox you fucking manchild.
nobody cares about your shit opinion in this thread.
this is resident evil discussion and if you have nothing to contribute kindly shove your thumb back up your ass and fuck right off thanks

Honestly Res 6 was actually a good game especially coop but yall be hating cuz u lonely fgts dont have anyone to play it with ya

first of all, I've been playing RE since the 90's. Resident Evil 7 is a good game, but should never have been called resident evil. he asked me about resident evil and no resident evil player would think Resident Evil 7 has anything to do with Resident Evil at all. The lore is not there. It's a ridiculous story ruined by some american dumb fuck, who turned into a hollywood flick.

>shit franchise

If you want story, play in order. As a game, none of them are awful, as a horror game 5, 6 suck in that regard. My suggestion as follows.

Re1
Re2 through ps1 emu or wait till remake is out.
3 through emu
Code ver thru ps2 emu
go back and play 0
Revelation 1 and 2

Do not play gbc gaiden.

>throwing a tantrum about vidya
>calling someone else a manchild

I love video games, but had never played any until i met my current GF, she has been playing them for years with her dad. Most of the older games are a bit harder to play. Of the recent ones, Resident Evil 7 is a throw back to the old games, revelations is a great game. What ever you do, dont play the 5th game.

Play 4 first

Go for Resident Evil Nemesis and Code Veronica. These are the absolute best of the series!

4 is the best

4 is best.
I started with the original on fucking N64.

At least play the first one nigga before you get too used to the action oriented,qte ridden, non horror shit fest that is 4, 5, 6.

thats funny coming from the kid whos too scared to even play the game itself.
you keep shilling your opinion about it, after admitting you've never played the franchise.
and whats funny is i knew you would skip right to insulting me within 2 replies because thats the best you can do lmfao
go on and tell me how mad i am bro
shaking my head

RE4 was the best.
when you finish the campaign you unlock stuff.
extra missions with other characters
and theres a survival mode with all the main characters to choose from who have their own special personal kits.
when you play the campaign on hard you unlock outfits and weapons.
I think theres a coop mod but i havent really looked into it yet.

10/10 game

If you haven't played the classics, start with the classics.
Go for RE 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica and RE4.

After that, just do the others. (5 is the weakest of them all btw).

4 is best. But one is special, it was a game changer when it came out. Basically set the bar for what at the time was a completely new genre for consoles.

Fuck off

/Thread 2x

Also, grand theft auto san andreas has a multiplayer mod that works for cracked versions ( MTA ) there are a lot of servers that are zombie based that have resident evil characters loaded into it. Would also recommend. 10/10

RE4 if you play alone, RE5 for local COOP. Nothing beats playing together with a friend on the couch. modern games lost that wisdom.

Think of them as MGS
4 is SnakeEater

1, 2, 3, 4 in order, no doubt.
Zero is also great, you can insert it between two of those, at your choice.
The HD remakes are worth playing btw.

I can do that. I'll probably play 1 then 4 then

ARE YOU CRAZY? YOU ARE GONNA SKIP 3?

WHAT A HERETIC CUNT

As much as 5 sucked, I really miss split screen. We used to get high as shit and play Conkers Bad Fur Day on 4 player on a 20 or 16" screen

That is seriously the BEST option.

i never played any either, but im not interested. Id suggest to open a wiki page and look at the chronology, then play them in order.
I would substitute 1 for remake, thoug, cuz hy play the ugly game, if u can play the pretty game?

The best option if you were born in the 2000's and know fuck all about resident evil. He should just start from the beginning and move up, not skip.

I feel you.

Why watch the original SW trilogy, when you can watch the Lucas "enhanced" versions?

All these cunts have him stuck on 4 even though it was ok. Nostalgia blinds even the best.

Hey faggot
Is me!

I can't help all these cunts keep screaming 4 like autists.

Yeah, I agree. They should be suggesting on the quality of gameplay, atmosphere and story. When it comes down to it, you just don't play Resident Evil 4 before having played 1,2, ESPECIALLY 3, and Code Veronica.

Lol, I'm not the guy you were originally talking to, I've played all of them, fact of the matter is you're a giant cringy fucking man child for arguing about vidya.

Its got a 9.4 on meta for a reason.
You going to try and tell me Euchre sucks because its old? Or chess?

I think you are missing the point here.

3 is like Alien II. And not the extended cut

Nigga, code Veronica was a shit forced near spin off and everybody knows it

This, someone just likes pixel titties

If we are talking shitty resident evil games:
Umbrella Chronicles
Outbreak

Those are shitty. You must have never played them if you think Code Veronica is bad.

I haven't played a lot of REs, but Resident Evil 4 was absolutely fantastic.
Even beyond the RE series, I think it's one of the best games I've played.
I first finished it maybe a year ago and it totally held up.

Underrated as fuck

4 is the only good resident evil game

Jumping on the bandwagon for 4, though it was also the last game in the series I had played since switching over to primarily handhelds. The first two were great once you get over the stilted controls, never got a chance to play 3.

It was a great game, but a meh RE title. Relies too much on QTE for suspense, wonky camera angles, laughable bond villains, and you have to babysit a shit character for about a 3rd of the game.

Good game, sure. But don't act like it's the best.

Top 10, right up there with Red Dead Redemption, BioShock Infinite, Mass Effect 3, Parasite Eve II, etc

>you have to babysit a shit character for about a 3rd of the game
Fucking hate Ashley.

She can't even climb down a ladder on her own ffs

youtube.com/watch?v=B6gLxdwoEGc

Misses the point. The fact you can leave her in a dumpster for a level removes the suspense of her being killed and was a semi poor design choice in its easily exploited design. And the armor is for bitchbois, just like walking around with infinite ammo.

>laughable bond villains
They are all cultists and monsters
>wonky camera angles
Kek 4 is the first game in the series to not have that problem
>meh
good going hogwarts

>i'm not the guy you were originally talking to
then why the fuck are you talking to me? fuck off

Which is better, pic related or resident evil?

Early Silent hill is much better than all RE except for RE 4

Because your an edgy faggot who actually takes video game seriously like a jobless man child.

you're still talking?
didnt i tell you to fuck off?

You did, I won't permavirgin.

Games should be taken as contemporary works of art

Jesus Christ you're going to die a lonely virgin.

You talk like you surely know all little dude. What mediums should be considered art?

Anything that isn't just used to keep virgins occupied till they die alone.

Which is why you have to actually beat the game first?

This. Perhaps better than OP's question.

Silent Hill is objectively more complex and brainy regarding story and symbolism. Resident Evil is a B-movie monster action fest with some interesting environments. Really depends what kind of game you want to play.

I actually think both Outbreak games are pretty great...

4 might be better most overrated game ever. I went back and played it recently and it was just OK.

Remake 1 is the best in the series, and I suspect remake 2 will end up being better since RE2 was the best of the original series. Then maybe RE4

Code Veronica is such a great game, indeed

This reminds me that Capcom had a sale going on for 3DS. I was considering Revelations but I'm a total pussy. Movies don't shock me but games do. I could never get far into Amnesia for example. Something like Doom 3 I could handle if I went apeshit.

Do you think it's a good idea or should I just get Pokemon?

Deadspace

Silent hill

These games suck, unless you think not being able to move and shoot is cool and realistic