Sup Forums let's talk smokes

Sup Forums let's talk smokes

Specifically, the baseless accusations that cigarette producers are forced to push out there. On packs you see shit like "clogs arteries" or frankly that it kills you. Was it ever proven that cigarettes are designed to do this? Also beyond that, is there any way to prove that each of these claims are going to happen to everyone who smokes? What if a man got tired of fucking his wife, so he picked up smoking for the "impotency" it causes, but it doesn't happen even after 5 years? That is a straight up lie. I don't get how governments are allowed to force this advertising on cigarettes, when it is not done on things like fast food, perscription pills, etc. really just anything else that you could ruin your life on. You know what the biggest factor in heart failure is? You guess it right, obesity. There isn't a black and white bordered picture of a fatty clogged artery on my McDonalds medium fries. Why?

The biggest lie is definitely the premise that no cigarette is safer for you than others. There are so many different cigarettes that it sounds just silly to say that. If I'm smoking unfiltered Indonesian cigarettes, while my wife smokes Light menthol slims, who do you think is going to see a bigger impact on their health from smoking? Even things as small as filter perforations would have a profound effect on your health over decades of smoking. WHY are they allowed to claim these things?

My best friend just got diagnosed with cancer, from smoking. Any way please go on...

yes
you can thank the democrats

My father died to lung cancer due to smoking.

But did he get brain aneurysms? Did his teeth go to shit? Did he lose the ability to use his dick? Did his fingers go yellow? Did he go blind? You may have answered yes to some of these, but does he have all of them? Now you might get my point a bit more. I am sorry about your friend, I don't smoke myself. I am just trying to show why it is unfair to the adults who want to smoke without a guilt trip each time.

I think it's pretty safe to say that smoking kills you. That's not "big government", its medical science.

Yeah it fucking sucks that the government taxes the shit out of them in order to make money (I think all tax is immoral) but I suppose in countries like the UK, the fact we have a public healthcare system means that if they were simply banned and that tax revenue stopped, people would still be costing the NHS loads of money with smoking related diseases.

My Dad, who actually died of lung cancer likely related to smoking, came up with an idea that if you want to smoke, you sign a waiver. If you then get ill from smoking, you have to pay for that treatment yourself.

I will admit though that the warning images on cigarette packets are highly over the top, and there's some research that it leads to a "rebellion effect" whereby people keep smoking simply because they don't like the idea of being patronised and dictated to.

The image on your post for example is of a guy who got a serious electric shock. Most of the others are fabrications too, either not related to smoking, or simply made up.

How do we know they weren't predisposed to having cancer. Also what type of environment did they live in? Around my area radon is pretty common in homes. Also industrial pollution. I'm not saying cigarettes can't cause cancer, but I do think they were made a convenient scape goat to explain rising health issues from the shitty world we have created.

It s all about statistic, scientifically isnt proven

>cLOGs

Cigs proven to cause health problems.
NHS foots the bill.
Gov't forces warnings on boxes and lower use and raises tax to pay for it.

What do you not understand about this?

Not sure on the rate in the UK, but in my state in the US, cig taxes fund a large portion of the human services budget. Probably well more than smokers take out of the services.

>Most of the others are fabrications too
It's kind of funny that there's been case or two when someone just found picture of themselves in the warning labels. Used without permission etc.

and some of the pictures are just weird. Like some baby with badly photoshopped cigarette in it's mouth.

The thing is, it is unfair to force these "facts" on smokers as a whole because most will never experience a lot of the things they push. Mcdonalds causes obesity more often than smoking causes blindness, and one of those things is more likely to kill you than the other. A guy literally went on the Mcdonalds diet to prove he could manage his weight by counting calories, is that not the same as a guy only smoking 3-4 darts a day instead of a whole pack? He still has to deal with these shitty health warnings, and gets to see no brand advertising, although smoking in moderation is probably healthier for you than many things.

Honestly, I would legalize all drugs, add a 80% tax, and then pour all of that money into human services.

I don't see any issues with charging people extra money for engaging in destructive behavior.

Though why anyone would do a drug that's proven to cause cancer is beyond me. You'd be way better off having a functioning opiate addiction imho.

>adults
>guilt trip
Are you retarded?

i like you

>Defending smokes this hard
yeah lemme just pay all that money for garbage breath so I can look cool as fuck and socialize with other smokers who look cool as fuck. Health problems aside it's just trashy.

>what is second hand smoke
wouldn't want them to feel guilty.

Go to bed andy

You're right, I have no dog in this fight. Never smoked a full cig. I appreciate them for what they are though, one of the most beautifully designed consumer product, even across many brands, even if the consumer's health isn't being considered. Search up lifestyle advertising, something made popular my Phillip Morris, and is used by brands every day. I can appreciate the history behind them aswell.

So basically if i smoke 20 cigarettes, i get cancer!? oh noes! im gonna die holy shit fuck niggers and jews! whiny edgy bullshit! Advertising!

Your point isn't obvious so I'm thinking you may be the retard, but please, elaborate.

I donno I guess it's the Jewish mind tricks. Everything is double speak with them.