Dumbledore obviously wins

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VJcGi4-n_Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=IY1-pBi-R_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=s-fSVZS2VyU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well yea he knows spells.

weak bait

Gandalf took down a freaking balrog. I think he could handle some old pedophile.

>some old faggot vs a literal demigod uber wizard (ironically played by some old faggot)

well yeah, Dumbledore can insta kill people while most of gands powers have to do with boosting

>gandalf the great wizard
>literally the only magic he does in the whole trilogy is making his staff glow in the dark

fucking peter hackson. couldn't he at least have included a scene where gandalf makes an orc explode or something

Dumbledore wouldn't use a forbidden curse

>literal archangel vs old homosexual

Gandalf wins easy

Dumbledore is one of the most powerful wizards ever.

Gandalf has a sword, a shield spell and I suppose a shockwave spell that he cast at the end of Helm's Deep.

Dumbledore would wipe the floor with him.

Dumbledore has an entire school of trained magic users including a literal nazi youth wing.
Gandalf has a couple of midgets.

And Gandalf is s being sent by god

Fumble sore doesn't have shit on Gandalf the white

This fight is a 1v1

Dumbledore can cast spells instantly without saying words. He can also teleport(aperate) any where at any time. Gandalf has to channel and use a lot of energy when he has to

If Gandalf is white, Dumbledore is at least platinum based on magic usage.

its a fight to the death. did you think he got to be headmaster by playing nice?

Ends in sex.

Gandalf can do sheev lighting

she can also push people around as you saw in his fight with saruman

>mistaking an Istari for a conjurer of cheap tricks

>Gandalf: Hey Manwie turn off my handicap I've got fight this mortal to the death of our physical body
>Manwie: No worry's be back in time for the elf dinner party
Gandalf then fucks Dumbledore in the anus

Gandalf is an immortal spirit in physical form sent down from Lotor heaven with a huge handicap so they dont nuke everything. He would have near immunity to normal wizard shit being able to sheild off a balrog at full force, teleknesis and a one of the 3 rings of power given to the elves that boosts charisma and willpower to a near global allied buff.

To give some reference sauron is the same class of angel who's fair and war forms were broken and spirit bound to the ring. Even during that he was still able to slap around half an army of men and elves kill the elven king and human king before losing to his son after trying to drag him to the enemy to break their spirit.

At his full power gandalf would obliterate Dumbledore, at regular power his sutble magic might be able to ward off most spells, as well as being skilled martially with a sword

It all boils down to if dumbledore can peirce his sheild.

the mechanics of magic are undefined shit in both, but lotr probably has more of a wondrous, miracle-like feeling about it, potter is just making up what would be a fun progression for each book without being concerned about logic or consistency or world building at all.

they'd probably accidentally destroy reality rather than each other. so everyone loses.

>Gandalf kicks back and waits a few hundred years
>wins by default

You don't get it.
Gandalf doesn't go for showy bullshit unless he must.

>avada kedavra

There goes Gandalf.

>Thinking it would affect him, a god that can resist the fires of a Balrog

dumbldore is dead
gendalf reborn abd fight again.
Fuck the garry potter world.

>gandalf the grey smoking
>killing curse
>gone
>gandalf the white
>killing curse
>gone again

AK is instakill bullshit y'know

>thinking it wouldn't
remember he got killed by said balrog?

>Gandalf the tartan

Lotor magic is usually subtle craftsmanship instead of throw +5 fireball or (deathcurse-resistx0) or command/summon*broom.1
Its more miraculous in nature, and gandalf himself gives big party aura buffs to will saves and wis-checks rater than offensive spells which dont really exist in Lotor

Harry potter on the other hand magic is clearly defined and as subtle as a brick, a wand may as well be a computer with a long list of things it can and cannot do to different effects, it just takes the right imput to get the right result which can be a crapshoot.

dumblerdore could probably overpower him in his fair form but gandalf has huge charisma modifiers and could probably talk him out of it or make him want to kill himself. That or blind him with his staff and smack him about the room a bit

Well done Gandalf
Well done Gandalf

HOWEVER

correct me if I am wrong but arn't Balrogs on the same level if not stronger than Maiar?
Arn't they just turned Maiar themselves?

They're Corrupted Maiar.

Same level in theory, but the fact Gandalf defeated one in his mortal form was why it was such an achievement.

>Gandalf defeated one in his mortal form
Didn't Feanor fight off like 3, and he isn't even a Maiar
Did he have the Silmarils at the Seige of Gondolin?
I need to read the Silmarillion again

Dumbledore is a dead faggot, he cannot win.

This is the only right answer

Gandalf>Richard Harris>>>>>Michael Gambon

I think harry potter sucks compared to lord of the rings

this thread is just as dumb as every other time it has been posted
lotr doesn't have overpowered wizkids who can do literally anything without breaking a sweat, gandalf fucking never employs magic but when he does it is the power of god itself, it follows that by not flaunting and wasting his powers like a vanity obsessed freak that he is superior to dumbdoor who is a faggot by the way

Gandalf is a pussy

He can use a sword and light a staff...cool

Dumbledore can just use a shit ton of spells and the death spell if he has to

Gandalf.
But that's what makes Harry Potter interesting, even the most powerful wizard can be killed by some random fagoot, instead being some marysue immortal god

Hagrid vs Beorn
who would win?

>thinking he would use it
not even the faggot called Harry used it and he was fighting literal magic Hitler.

To be fair, the Noldor and people in the first age were really strong.

Also Faenor was fucking pissed at the time. He went so apeshit that even Melkor thought he might lose against him.

plebfilter

go watch PoA, HBP, and DH2 again and say harris is better to my face

Only evil wizards use the killing curse, Dumbledore would never use it in a fight nor would he kill. And btw Olorin > any wizard in Potterverse

Does Dumbeldore actually ever kill anything or anyone directly? Gandalf has quite a bodycount

Sorry but Gambon never felt right ad Dumbledore. Harris owned that shit. Detach your tongue from ya anus

Fuck off nerd

Its no holds barred fight to the death

Do wizards, witches, mages in the harry potter universe have some sought of mana pool? I cant imagine a wizard spamming stupify unlimited times

Not gonna happen, they'd both refuse to fight each other as they're both fighters of evil and champions of the light. Sorry bub

>no hold barred
then Dumblefag is really fucked.

I will son, Gambon is a great actor but he's a shite Dumbledore - and people always bring up that Harris couldn't do the more physical demanding stuff of the later movies - bullshit, do they think Christopher Lee did all his own fucking stunts in SW/LOTR

beorn and it's not close

>Christopher, why are you shooting all of my scenes first?

You're thinking of different elves. Feanor was long dead by Gondolin. Maybe you're thinking of Fingon? He died as well when fighting some of them.

In any case, Ecthelion, captain of the guard in Gondolin, killed Gothmog, the Balrog lord (they killed eachother). Later, Glorfindel did the same to another when trying to flee.

Dumbeldore also sir michael gambon is just THAT cool. Just a fuggin loveable little sexy beast

I think lord of the rings sucks compared to harry potter

>Gandalf
>Literally a(n) (Middle-)Earth Angel

>Dumbledore
>Failed teacher who couldn't even stop a single schoolful of students from trying to murder, poison and maim eachother and themselves literally every single year

Prove that Ian McKellen is not just an alias of Michael Gambon and that Michael Gambon was not in fact Gandalf in LOTR.

You can't.

This desu

Harry couldnt use it he's too nice. He does try to crucio bellatrix which is baller

Also ron tries to avada kedavra nagini in the film right before neville beheads her. But it doesn't work

This I'm glad you aren't a raging pussy. Patrician taste. He was absolutely goat in those. Harris was great but gambon was better

>(Middle-)Earth Angel
Castiel is an Angel too, it does not give you auto cred

Gambon has an irish twinge

Being an Angel might not give you credit, but when your themesong is youtube.com/watch?v=VJcGi4-n_Yw going up against youtube.com/watch?v=IY1-pBi-R_Q it helps.

Abra cadabra ain't gettin through his shield bubble ya pinhead

Gandalf has to mumble a fucking poem by the time he's already hit the ground. Hell dumbledore could turn him into a newt

t. pleb who uses goblet of fires batshit directing as the basis for his inability to see there's a reason mike newell didnt come back

Not him gambon was a great dumbeldore. Harris couldnt even walk swiftly, not that its his fault. He was almost out of breath in general. Gambon had the humbleness and eccentricness. But for gods sake stop using goblet of fire as the judge he's goat in the others.

youtube.com/watch?v=s-fSVZS2VyU
kek gandolf cant even charge his staff battery before going into battle
lotrkeks btfod Xd

user, theyre ACTORS! Look, in the lord of the rings Ian Mckellen plays a wizard, but do you really thing he goes home at night and shoots lazer beams into his boyfriends asshole?!

Gandalf fights a death demon that scares armies. Dumbledore fought a snake faggot with no nose.

Gandalf wins.

Gandalf
>can light his staff
>shit his pants at the witch king who was killed by a girl

Dumbledore
>creates fire dragons that eat up zombies
>faces down the most badass wizard of all time

There is only one winner here.

Kek.

Oh shit. HL3 confirmed

This nigga was poisoned too. Dumbeldore making the panties drop

Okay.

Dumbledore wins.

I hate this movie so much. Fuck you Peter Jackson

The Witch King would literally one shot Dumbledork (not by the hand of man shall he die)

Not his staff pinhead, also Gandalf came back from the literal dead. Dumbledork is stuck at Kings Cross station forever, kek

>this nerd damage controlling
Gandalf was a little bitch and he pisses his pants. Also dumbeldore can teleport

Dumbledork killed by a ring, he don't come back

Gandalf takes out an unhinged demon of the ancient world, killed, comes back even more powerful

Ok kid.

So can any wizard 17 and older doofus. It's literally Mary Poppins tier kiddy shit. A real wizard treks through all conditions even through fire and water. Potterverse wizards are lazy beta faggots

Idk where to begin. The fact that dark magic and other powerful wizards exist that could poison dumbledore proves that Gandalf had it easy.

Dumbledore was able to drink a horcrux potion while being cursed in his hand and still does this
While he is cursed and poisoned.

Gandalf can't die because he's a mary sue. Dumbeldore lets snape kill him and asks him as a friend. Severus Please.

Yea Gandalf comes backband what does he do? Gets his stagg broken like a faggot

Staff*

Sounds like you'd enjoy the hobbit trilogy more

This the debate is ogre. Only lotrfags will disagree. And they will disagree loud and often.

>mary sue

Ya fuming lad, Frodo carried a ring that was millions of times more toxic than that faggot cursed ring that brought Dumbledork down. And don't you remember? "H-Harry p-please k-kill m-m-me, I can't take it anymore" bahahahaha what a soft faggot. And ya keep bringing up his staff was broken but it's not cannon or in the original release because Hackson is a doofus who realized he fucked up. Should never have been in any cut. But as I said The witch King would one shot any wizard in Potterverse without breaking a sweat. The fact that Gandalf went through 300 years of mortal hardships while helping bringing the evil down with his powers drastically held back from him just shows how better he is.

/Thread

Gandalf is a regular angel-tier at best.

Iluvatar = God

The Valar = Archangels

Maiar = Scrubs

Didnt read because you are obviously baised. Dumbeldore was reliving his sister getting raped and murdered.

Just accept that Gandalf is a plot convience wanderer who can't do magic and pisses himself at Minas Tirith.

I don't remember Arch Angels help in shaping and creating the world? Middle Earth deities > Earth deities in power levels.

1 vs. 1 Dumbedore wins

This isn't even a contest. Stop talking about the Balrog. This is a 1 vs 1 wizard duel.

Bahahahahaha, reliving his sisters rape? Bahahahahahaha. All you gotta ask ya self is who is left standing at the end of both their respected battles against evil. Fuck Dumbledork is so weak he leaves it to kids to do the bulk off the work. Gandalf was legit told by the gods themselves not to outright get into battle with the forces of evil and still did more to take them down than Dumbledork did. Give it up kid, it's getting pathetic at this point

Balrog is basically a dark wizard you dunce, except he'd curb stomp all them mask wearing pussies

When did this become a cringe thread holy shit go fuck ian mckellen and get it over with

>seething

Winner by knockout!

/thread

Its almost as if nobody is considering all the spells Gandalf would be deal with. Not the retard fight kind of spells used when he fought Saruman

not him how autistic can you be you cried your eyes out in the previous post. read before hitting enter

Dumbledore wins. Op is not a faggot.

Like all the spells he used against Baldemort when he got his ass handed to him in the ministry of magic? Ok kid. Gandalf took out a a goblin battalion and their King, stalemated the nazgul on multiple occasions, took down a demon of the ancient world, led a group of heroes to victory all while smoking his pipe and levelling up, then going back to Valinor where he took back his true form which no Potterverse spell could even put a smudge on