Who cried?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7plEDcWy0Oc
youtube.com/watch?v=xOf3MVMPGOc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go back to Sup Forums.

fuck off pleb

Fuck off weeb

This word does not mean what you think it does.

Except it does, so fuck off back to Sup Forums weeb.

It doesn't. Weeb means weeaboo which means wapanese which means wannabe Japanese. Watching anime doesn't make someone a weeb, and being a weeb doesn't require watching anime.

Also I am not from Sup Forums.

Your thread belongs on Sup Forums, so get the fuck out. It's that simple.

Damn was this crap boring as shit

Dropped after two eps

Make out with each other

It's not my thread, and anime overlaps with Sup Forums.

No it doesn't. Get out.

This is a board for television shows and movies. Anime is comprised of television shows and movies.

This is a board for TV shows that air on American networks and 90% of them are live action, not your retarded purple hair harem bullshit with squeaky voice. Go back to your containment board, fag.

It isn't specified anywhere what country a TV show or movie has to be from or whether it has to be live action.

>not your retarded purple hair harem bullshit with squeaky voice
What makes you think that we are specifically discussing harem anime, or your strawman meme interpretation of them?

>Go back to your containment board, fag.
Sup Forums is an anime site. Sup Forums was one of the earliest board here.

>It isn't specified anywhere
You would knew what this board is about if you actually browsed this board every day, so please get the fuck out and stay your fucking hole that is Sup Forums.

I do browse here frequently and I see anime threads frequently. Also threads about American animation and Asian cinema.

>your fucking hole that is Sup Forums
It isn't "mine." I hardly ever go there.

God damn im so fucking glad to see someone else who loved this show
This show made me feel hard as fuck and i'll never forget it. I'm also appreciative of the fact that it got me into jazz.

Why didn't glasses boy at least try to get in contact with them instead of avoiding everyone for 8 years?

Because he had glasses already, why would he need contact?

What is it about?Romance?

>Sup Forums
>not having the most pleb tastes

It's about a love triangle, the friendship between the main characters, and jazz. It's set in the 1960s or 70s.

youtube.com/watch?v=7plEDcWy0Oc

only weebs talk like this. How many times did I saw this "I'm not really a weeb, please learn to use my weeb lingo correctly" post

Please lurk for 2 years minimum before you start posting

If you are so sure I must be a weeb then present arguments and evidence.

I just got into anime last week but this looks like shit sorry.

is it dubbed?

your spergout about the "weeb" was enough. Watching splice of life shit animes for highschool girls also doesnt help your case

why would you post this weeb shit here knowing that very few people who browse tv have watched it?? then get butthurt about being called a weeb??
are you fucking retarded m8

I recommend you give up on anime if this is the attitude you're going to take. You'll just be another one of those whiners who watch one or two anime a year and claim everything else is shit even though they never watch any of it.

>your spergout about the "weeb" was enough.
No it wasn't. Pointing out that the word doesn't mean what you think it does does not make me a weeb. Try again.

>Watching splice of life shit animes for highschool girls also doesnt help your case
That has nothing to do with being a weeb.

You are all faggots for not having seen this.

>this weeb shit
It's Japanese. It can't be weeb.

>I recommend you give up on anime if this is the attitude you're going to take. You'll just be another one of those whiners who watch one or two anime a year and claim everything else is shit even though they never watch any of it.

I started watching it last week.

I only watch it for the moe stuff.

I don't know why I like it.
But now whenever I'm not watching anime I get horribly depressed. Seriously.

Pls help me...

>That has nothing to do with being a weeb
It does. Only weebs are that much into anime, that they start watching shit like this

doesnt make sense. it is shit FOR weebs, so of course its weeb shit

>I recommend you give up on anime
So, if you dont watch every "literally nothing happens" moe shit anime, you shouldnt watch anime at all? Like there isnt good anime? Alright, gotcha

>I only watch it for the moe stuff.
Well that's unusual. It's almost always the case that moe is the one thing that people try to avoid.

Weebs are wannabe Japanese, and the anime they've historically been associated with is things like Naruto, Bleach, Death Note and Dragon Ball. Which doesn't mean that anyone who watches those is a weeaboo.

The vast majority of anime is made for Japan's domestic markets. Sometimes things are made with American and Western markets in mind, but weeaboos are not a target audience. Very few people in Japan would even know what those are.

Kids on the Slope isn't "moe" or "literally nothing happens," and the latter is just a meme anyway.

My point was that you shouldn't just instantly dismiss things, which is something I see too many people doing to the point where they don't even watch anything.

A musical series by Yoko Kanno should have been incredible. Two good performances the whole time and shitty drama but overall I still kinda liked it.

>Kids on the Slope isn't "moe" or "literally nothing happens,
sounds like the typical, overdone slice of life, teenagers in highscholl ""plot"" to me. Is there a twist I am missing?

>Well that's unusual. It's almost always the case that moe is the one thing that people try to avoid.
What are you talking about dude, look at Sup Forums.

>sounds like the typical, overdone slice of life, teenagers in highscholl ""plot"" to me
There doesn't exist any such thing.

This is the kind of shit I was talking about at the end of by the way.

People in and around anime communities, which means more than just Sup Forums, whine about moe incessantly, to the point of hysteria.

Great show

>There doesn't exist any such thing.
hold the phone
Are you telling me, there are NO stories about teenager doing mundane teenager stuff? That there is no such thing as a slice of life genre? We might disagree in how much we like this sort of thing, but it clearly exists and there is a shit ton of this out there. Hell, most of them even literally have the same character archetypes

I am telling you that high school is not a plot. It's a setting.

Kids on the Slope isn't a slice of life show, it's a drama. And slice of life shows don't even have plots.

I love it.

I swear people makes these threads with the intention of getting reddit pissbabbies butthurt.

Nuweeb detected.

>nd slice of life shows don't even have plots
well, that was my point. I know that "high school" isnt a plot, but there are clearly many many animes (especially SoL) which share this setting.

What about it? Kids on the Slope is completely different from, say, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. It doesn't mean anything that they both take place in high school.

How is it different? How is it not slice of life?

youtube.com/watch?v=xOf3MVMPGOc

Kids on the Slope is a drama. It's serious. It has story progression. The story in the anime ends with an epilogue where the characters are adults. Nozaki-kun is a comedy with little story to speak of.

it was an ok show but I did not cry.

So it is basically K-ON with jazz? I mean, I love jazz, but that doesnt make it not s.o.l.

S.o.l. can have dramatic elements and """story""" progression. Doesnt matter when everything is centered around everyday mundane teenager """conflicts""".
Is there anything happening aside from misunderstandings between high school students?

because he is Japanese. Why did not they just share the whore and live together since they knew none of them could function individually

a coming of age story , 3 high school students from different walks of life brought together by jazz music during 1960s japan

Anime is nothing but trash

Why are you trying to convince some faggot? let him wallow in his self righteous ignorance

>So it is basically K-ON

yep, typical s.o.l premise

why dont you have an actal point?

>So it is basically K-ON with jazz?
No. Holy shit. It's nothing whatsoever like K-On. Not even Sound! Euphonium is like K-On, even though it's about (largely) girls in a music club and is made by the same studio and directed by the same person.

SoL does not mean high school. Something set in high school is not automatically SoL.

>S.o.l. can have dramatic elements and """story""" progression. Doesnt matter when everything is centered around everyday mundane teenager """conflicts""".
>Is there anything happening aside from misunderstandings between high school students?
Instead of constructing these paranoid delusions why don't you actually try watching something?

There is nothing typical about a show set in a 1960s port town, and again it is not a fucking SoL show. It is a drama.

>why dont you have an actal point?
Why must he have a point? Why must someone convince you? go rub your nipples over how superior you are to everyone who watches anime and how its all the same.

>SoL does not mean high school. Something set in high school is not automatically SoL
I know. However, most SoL anime are set in high school.

>It's nothing whatsoever like K-On
How not exactly?

>constructing these paranoid delusions
I am just asking if it is like the gorillion SOL animes that are all pretty much the same.

>It is a drama
Yeah, you say that. But "drama" is a very broad term, that can desribe pretty much anything, that isnt an outright comedy or tragedy. SoL and drama arent mutually exclusive.

But I like jazz, so I will give the first ep a try. Maybe you faggots have a point and it will surprise me

lol. stop sperging faggot
I literally never said anything close to the thing you are accusing me of

So, if one stays quiet on someone accusing them a weeb, you would think "See? He doesn't deny it, he's a WEEB!" However, if one denies that they are a weeb, then you'll go "See? He tries so hard to deny that he's a weeb. He must be a WEEB!"

Watching anime doesn't automatically make you a weeb. Maybe stop being narrow-minded and accusing people by generalization.

Jesus this thread has triggered some poor souls. I'd like to contribute by saying i thought it was a very comfy drama with interesting characters. I was waiting for the girl to get naked though. So i the end, yes i did cry

shut up, cuck

>However, most SoL anime are set in high school.
That may be so, but it's also irrelevant.

>How not exactly?
Because the main characters are male? Because it's not about a club? Because it involves a love triangle? Because it has a realistic aesthetic? Because it has a serious story and setting? You are arguing that it must be exactly like K-On just because it's set in high school and involves music. That's completely absurd. Again, not even Hibike is like K-On, and it's much more similar to it than Kids on the Slope is.

>I am just asking if it is like the gorillion SOL animes that are all pretty much the same.
Or maybe you just think they are all the same because you never watch them and because you have some weird fixation on the idea that they must all be the same and therefore should not be watched.

>Yeah, you say that.
Because it's fucking true.

>SoL and drama arent mutually exclusive.
They are.

>most SoL anime are set in high school.
not really, they are as likely to be set in a village. They can also have plot like Mushishi. since its all drawings the budget limits don't affect the ability to have different settings.

>ou are arguing that it must be exactly like K-On just because it's set in high school and involves music
No. I never argued that. I read the plot synopsis and saw the high school setting. Both screamed SoL.

> because you never watch them
I watched enough of them and I give enough of them a try. Dont tell me you are not recognizing a shitload of tropes and 2d-characters that makes a lot of those shows way too similar.

>They are
You must have a much more specific definition for "drama" than most people have then. Or you have a specific type of drama in mind.

But yeah, as I said
> But I like jazz, so I will give the first ep a try. Maybe you faggots have a point and it will surprise me
I hope you weren bullshitting me

>I watched enough of them and I give enough of them a try. Dont tell me you are not recognizing a shitload of tropes
no more than any other media.
>Both screamed SoL.
sol is not inherently bad

grimgar of fantasy and ash was sol too chances are that I could name a none school sol for every school sol

>Both screamed SoL.
You are just paranoid and think almost everything is SoL (as if that's somehow a terrible thing).

>I watched enough of them and I give enough of them a try.
I don't believe you. People like you never watch anything.

>You must have a much more specific definition for "drama" than most people have then.
I have a specific definition for SoL, which excludes drama.

How is it SoL?

>How is it SoL?
What do you think SOL is?

calm down mate. I despise the slice of life genre for particular but subjective reasons and dont want to waste my time with moe shit or "cute people doing cute things" animes. I wouldnt hate it so much, if I would never watch it.
But calm down, you guys already convinced me, that this might be something special

>How is it SoL?
I mean did you watch it? its a slice of life of adventurers. bit more grim than log horizon but that is besides the point.

Hidamari Sketch, K-On, New Game and Non Non Biyori are examples of SoL.

>I wouldnt hate it so much, if I would never watch it.
A lot of people hate it without having ever seen it or even knowing exactly what they're talking about.

Yes I did and I don't see what makes it SoL. If something is SoL because it's a slice of someone's life, then surely Psycho-Pass is SoL too.

>A lot of people hate it without having ever seen it or even knowing exactly what they're talking about
fair enough

But I give it a chance usually. Since there are shows I end up liking, that arguably kind of fall into this genre.

>Yes I did and I don't see what makes it SoL. If something is SoL because it's a slice of someone's life, then surely Psycho-Pass is SoL too.
your definition of sol is too narrow and yes SOL stands for Slice of Life. natsume yuujinchou is sol,Barakamon,NANA,Beck,Haibane Renmei,Gin no Saji,Genshiken,Kino no Tabi,Flying Witch, Servant x Service, Uchuu Kyoudai , Eve no Jikan etc are all part sol

Is the slope their heads?

It's only as narrow as it needs to be. SoL is not a merit badge you have to give to every show you like, like you are doing right now.

well then the other fag is right and sol is just 4 girls doing shit in 1 room. Bakuman is not sol and there has never been sol good for anything but fapping

no its an underground drug

SoL doesn't mean the characters have to be girls or that the bulk of the story has to take place in a room. What are you talking about?

>Bakuman is not sol and there has never been sol good for anything but fapping
What?

is Minami-ke SoL or comedy?

SoL.

>n-n-n-o please keep me in my safe space

but Sup Forums makes me insecure for being a Sup Forumsedditor
rica patin(the guy replying to every post) defends me here

What?

Sup Forums is too autistic for me

Just admit it, Sup Forums degen
Sup Forums isn't pedo enough for you