Dr. strange

Is anyone actually excited for this film? Not a single thread on Sup Forums as of now, barely any hype amongst normie crowds despite all the media shilling. Even on here the only hype i see is on dude duing a after viewing qua and one autist with a fanboy hate on DC.

Same goes for that new star wars film

Fuck yeah, I'm excited. I'd say that I'm more excited for the sequel though. It sounds like they do a lot of getting the origin story out of the way in this one, and that's not really Strange's strongest point.

For the rest of 2016, i'm only excited for La La Land and Nocturnal Animals

Yes, yes I am.

I'm excited to see them implement magic in the universe. If they do the same for magic as GotG did for space, that would be great.

>Nocturnal Animals
thats the only thing im pining for.
ok, as someone who's an obvious fan of the source material do you honestly think it'll do a good job in perspective to the previous entries this year?

Not sure if I'd say "excited", but I plan on seeing it. Cumberbatch honestly wouldn't have been my choice for Strange, so maybe that's it.

>do you honestly think it'll do a good job in perspective to the previous entries this year?
It doesn't have the inertia behind it that a lot of others have, like Civil War and BvS, but it will likely do better than Ant-Man, partly at least because "Doctor Strange" sounds a lot less lame.

I like magic shit so I'm interested. Not excited, it's still Marvel.

I'm going to go see it, don't know what you're expecting. Everybody knows what to expect, it's the 14th MCU movie. It'll be fun but ultimately forgettable.

The magic is a real let down. The sorcerers fight each other with either magic sticks or magic whips, and there's a lot of portals but they need these lame little rings to make the portals which serves as a boring plot device.

and the best cast of any marvel origin movie.

Yeah, from what I've read so far I am excited. Can't remember the last movie I wanted to see in 3D too. However, I'm not really interested in discussing it here though, since the movie is just taken as a firestarter for the usual strawman shitflinging contest and I don't have the energy nor motivation to weed out genuine comments from trolls and shitposts.

I am. Mads is in it. Thus hyped.

i was hyped for iron man 2 with rouke,look how that ended up

Reviews are saying it's as formulaic as any other marvel movie and the villain is waste.

The big positives are the visuals and some of the performances

Dr Strange is the nichest of marvel, and it is fucking mind boggling that we're getting a high profile hollywood blockbuster with him. I'm fucking ecstatic about it, because the source material is the most campy surreal batshit insane comickino you can get.

The other day I randomly caught the movie for Marvel's Swamp Thing ripoff on tv, crazy how these obscure things get made into movies.

you mean man thing? Man-thing was popular as fuck at one point man

Who cares, it's gonna be a financial success anyway.

>i was hyped for iron man 2 with rouke

Then you're a fucking idiot.

>"Wer is my bourd. I hwant my bourd."

you got a problem with mickey rouke son?

>despite all the media shilling
i think the advertising for this movie is rather slow

THIS!

Not many know who dr starnge is aside from its another marvel film

I had doubts until I saw this picture myself

I'm mildly interested in pirating a copy of this thing someday when there are decent (i.e. non-cammed) copies floating around online. That's about the extent of my enthusiasm.

Capeshit fatigue is a thing.
It will probably fare worse than the Ant-man in the boxoffice.

The new star wars looks really lame in the trailers and the massive reshoots are sign of a mess up movie.