Wait, why was Satan in LotR?

Wait, why was Satan in LotR?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pNVvtvmpl-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because Middle-Earth is actually Hell.

Common misconception: The concept of Satan didn't exist until Tolkien's Balrog. It was LotR that popularized the idea, just like the rest of the high fantasy genre.

Because middle earth was actually hell

Hyuck hyuck

Epic concept but lousy execution senpai

4/10 meme points

lol

Satan aka Saturn aka The Lord of the Rings actually manifested as Sauron
The other rings are illusory states of being
By taking the ring to Mordor Frodo is mastering the alchemical and occult knowledge and destroying the false reality Sauron/Satan has created

wtf i hate saturns rings now.

Before LotR satan was always a red mustache twirling half goat. The balrog introduced the burning demon satan archetype.

And well you should
The ancients recognized them as the gateways to a higher realm of consciousness, back when Saturn was a star
The energy emissions from Saturn dictate how we perceive reality and hold massive sway over our lives.
The rings aren't really ice crystals but light and energy warping around Saturn. They're lies perpetuated by those at the top.

False
Satan was more blue than red (further from God's warmth)
The earliest cave art we've found shows beasts with an impossible number of limbs and heads (demons)
Solomon's key describes demons in detail, usually amalgams of animals used to represent the demon's virtues
The modern horned version is a decendant of other arch demon lords from different cultures
Functionally yes the fire spirit killing Jesus on the bridge/cross fulfills the same adversarial narrative function as Satan but should be considered an aspect of evil more than a straight representation of the devil

wtf i hate middle earth now

because tolkien was a Christian

Because a galaxy far far away is actually hell

Why was Satan in GoT?

"Satan" was actually not a being but a metaphorical thing.

"Lucifer" is a latin translation of the vulgate for the morning star and just meme interpretation from the catholic church.

anyway i think all of these religious wackos were more influenced by horror movies than actual religious texts. (that memea bout the antichrist being satan's son is complete bullshit).

He was shooting at God

Because Time Warner is actually Hell

Tolkien was a devout catholic. DId that blow your mind?

No he wasn't, he was in The Silmarillion. Stop being a pleb OP.

Shit design

It was all a dream

Damn that thing is Morgoth? Sauron has a real pair on him

Morgoth's the Sauron looking guy behind the Balrogs, the spider thing is Ungoliant.

what is this from? What episode?

Oh

10/10 dark souls boss

Satan?

No. Melkor is Satan. Sauron is just an evil wisard while Melkor is a fallen ainur (angel).

Thats a good image

I used to read word up magazine

And where does Ungoliant fit into all this?

Ungoliant and the dragons slipped in from beyond time and space before the door was closed..

I thought Morgoth grew the dragons

He did.

This guy is mistaken

Watch where you walking snaga!

No, Morgoth was a fallen Valar (god) and Sauron was a fallen Ainur (angel).

Ayy watchu say snaga?

The orcs had so much personality despite being in a few frames

Ayy squeeze it snaga!

morgoth looks like THAT?

No, Ainur is just the term for both Valar (gods) and Maiar (angels).
Morgoth was a fallen Valar and Sauron a fallen Maiar.

Daily reminder that snaga moments always end bad

I don't know much about Silmarillion but John Peters needs to get on that shit.

>tfw if they didn't get the rights for the Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO EA had plans to make a Silmarillion MMO
I would have loved even if it was as bad as TOR.

Lellerino

what are those things with wings supposed to be?

Balrogs.

It was part of the promotional Star Wars vs The Lord of the Rings crossover episode.

Dont start.

Balrogs had wings. End of discussion

Why is there just randomly a giant sniper that is strong enough to defeat the gods?

Because Tolkien wanted a Lovecraftian horror in his works.

Dumbledore would rek this faggot in

my heart wasn't in it anyway

She had gorged herself on literal light and farted black holes. She was a self made god

Seems like the gods should have protected their light a little better.

Gods were retards who trusted the guy who had tried to fuck the world since day one when he claimed he had repented from his evil ways.

It's the root of all evil
It's LITERALLY made of darkness
It's the closest thing there is to Satan, but way cooler

>Shelob is Ungoliant's strongest daughter, and Sam "The Man" Gamgee backhanded that eldritch bitch

No, Morgoth is the source of all evil and Satan.
Ungoliant was huge hungy monster that wanted to devour existence itself. The only things she produced where her daughters.

Nah Dumbledore would have just sat in the sidelines while Harry tried to figure out how to kill the Balrog.

Satan? Thought that was morgoth. So he's stronger than morgoth?

Why is this series called the Lord of the Rings and not the The Long of the Spiders: Electric Queen Ungolabogoolaloo The Mighty?

Because JRR Tolkein was a devoted Roman Catholic and made LotR with Christian imagery and themes.

>Sam "The Man" Gamgee backhanded that eldritch bitch

Gay love man.. it gives you strength

KEK

Morgoth is the Satan of LOTR.
After eating that light thingy Ungoliant became strong as fuck and demanded that Morgoth let her eat the jewel he had, which contained some of that light.
Morgoth told her to go fuck herself so she tried to eat him. Then he cried like a bitch and his cries were heard by his Balrogs who came to save him. Together they BTFO Ungoliant and she fucked off.
Her fate isn't clear but it's believed that her hunger grew so much that she ate herself. Some elf faggot claimed he killed her too.

funny

well Mordor is at least

Kino

Is Sauron one of the most retarded Dark Lords ever? He was such a failure.

did better than you would

He's autistic as fuck

He was doing really fucking well until the deus ex fellowship

youtube.com/watch?v=pNVvtvmpl-g

Wow took me a while

Balrogs are also fallen Maiar I believe that followed Morgoth.

I don't get it

Couldn't Morgoth, like, sing her away, as he fucked up everything initially?

Creation shit actually made Morgoth weaker.
When the world was created and he rebelled against Illulvatar he was leagues above the other Valar in power but as he poured more of his essence into the world in order to create monsters and twist Illulvatar's creation he became weaker.
By the point dragons, balrogs and other monsters were around he had already become weaker than the other Valar, who barely wasted their power creating shit.

here's your (You)

i honestly don't get it

*Creating

And then sauron proceeded to make the same mistake.

Clearly he learned a lot from that partnership

hahah, clever.

The Balrog is what Gandalf would have been if he turned evil. He is a servant of the secret fire and wields the flame of Anor (the elvish word referring to the sun and its light).

I feel like you're full of shit but I don't know for certain. There were a ton of Balrogs but only a few wizards..

You're almost right.
The other valar were also very much weaker than what they used to be.
And he wasnt leagues above. He was just a jack of all trades, master of none.
He had some of every valars knowledge, but he wasnt the best at any of them.
Tulkas also single handedly beats Morgoth 1v1 when he's at full power.

I'm almost ready to argue that balrog "wings" are just shadows but I'm not feeling my oats just yet

Expect me

s06e66

This.
Mordor is like the Detroit of America.

he's right m8.

that's interesting, i've never seen ungoliant represented as having any human features. the silmarillion would work pretty damn well just as an art book, if we never get a movie / animation out of it.

also daily reminder that sauron was literally beaten by a dog.

I was speaking of Morgoth tho.

But Sauron was never any war god, and neither was Melkor. Sauron's strength was corrupting minds and forging stuff.

>by a dog.

And uberdog of ancient world, to be fair.

Plus it makes sense for Sauron to forge rings and stuff since he was a servant of Aulë. And Sauron actually repented and turned good again for a while before going back to his old ways.

just somebody's illustration calm down nicca