I keep fucking up college

i keep fucking up college.

i've done three years of school, but i've only got 60 credit hours and a 2.3 GPA.

I lost my scholarships and my savings are running out so i'm going to have to take out loans if i keep doing this. I just keep skipping class and not taking it seriously. last semester I got one B, two F's and a D.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to work some job that just needs a high school diploma, but I'm like out of control of myself or something and don't go to class. I feel like i'm drowning.

Sounds like you're a lazy coward. Won't work hard enough to succeed, but won't cut your losses and go find something else, either.

Join the Army. They'll beat the pussy out of you and make you eligible for the GI Bill. Come back in 5 years. It'll be a breeze, then.

>have done this

College is just not for you.

Go learn a trade and become a plumber or something.

You have to say that's pretty sound advice.

but then i'm 26 years old and have to do college all over again. I feel like i'm wasting my time, and money, but i'm fucking clueless to do something different.

i don't think i like chemical engineering, but I don't think i'll like any degree, or any job. i feel very fucking lost.

serious question

what do you most enjoy doing with your time OP?

Try being me.
>dropped out of high school at age 16 'cause I was too smart for it
>got GED at age 17 after dicking around and smoking weed for almost 2 years
>go to community college
>stop going to class, just end up partying with friends
>try this 2 more times, same result
>give up community college, take SAT, try to get into 4 year university
>not accepted
Wtf am I doing? Since I dropped out I've just been skipping from shit job to shit job, failing community college and drinking and smoking the devil's lettuce.
I don't have any real direction or passion, just things I'm interested in and I can't decide what to do. I'm also pissed off and depressed every second I'm sober.
For the love of god, give just a little bit of motivation.

i don't like doing much at all. i'm pretty depressed and have been for a while. i sleep a lot and avoid reality through the internet and drug use.

i have failed a lot at motivating myself, except now i'm a fucking adult and it's not like skipping class in high school, because this costs me real money and has real consequences.

i don't have passions, i never wanted to be a vet or a doctor or whatever. i just want to have money and not really have to do anything. i think any job i do will be a chore.

I really understand that feeling.
I wish you the best of luck, brah. Hopefully we can pull ourselves out of this shit soon enough.

then your a lost cause

either figure out what you love Music, Art, Vidya whatever and persue a career that will allow you to do what you enjoy doing every day or you will never be truly happy for the rest of your life, you will just exist going through the motions of a job you hate just for the sake of an income.

that or kill yourself

i fear that I will.

i'd like to think that if I could restart college, i'd do better, but i'm still the same person and I'm not sure if i'd actually do better.

i'm just treading water all the time. it's like a dream that i want someone to pull me out of.

i'm living in this hell but its a hell of my own creation. i'm the only one that can get me out, but some part of my brain just doesn't care enough.

>at 18 went to the 1 university I applied to because it didn't have an essay requirement.
>study skills were shit because I pulled a 4.0 in HS with zero effort.
>4.0 first semester, attended all of 1 class second semester 3 weeks after classes started before I got a tuition refund and partied it all away
>join Army, do 6 years, get out. Go to school on GI bill.
> do 1.5 years until I just randomly stop attending classes and fuck around all day.
> now bust my ass working maintenance for 40k per year.

I'm pretty shitty about motivating myself unless I have someone depending on me. be it my boss at work or superiors or subordinates when in Army.

that's most of the world
people like you are the mindless drones in the massive cog of the machine
thank god for you people because the world couldnt go round without you
but you also leave a lot of potential in the nether which is exactly where we want it
the more people who realize their potential, the less excess there is for me
you will live and die for me, building my empire, instead of yourself
thank you OP

i wonder what i could have done differently, other than "just go to class"

does it come easy to other people? or do they have to force it every day? is it a nonstop struggle every day for other people and they just hide it all the time?

Its a fucking grind. Dont let other people fool you. The image most people present to the world is far different than reality.

>but I'm like out of control of myself or something and don't go to class.

are you just a lazy basic bitch?

all jokes aside, college isnt for you. and if you dont like physical labor jobs your kinda outta luck, take a course in welding or something, work isnt too great, but it pays well and is better than flipping burgers.

This was me 3 years ago. I got kicked out of college and I was thinking about going into trades and never looking back. However I got my head strait, and treated my depression and went back and took out tons of loans and finished my degree. Now I've got an engineering degree and am looking at a pleasant life ahead of me. The key is the depression. You need to take care of that first. For me it involved moving out of my parents house cause that was the root.

My advice: continue degree. stop drugs and alcohol. Treat your depression. Be a diligent student that may even annoy the professors with the amount you are in their office. Get back on track with your studies. And take it one day at a time. In a few years you'll have a bomb-ass degree and you'll never look back.

life is hard dude, millions of people every single day force themselves out of bed and off to work hating every fucking second of it because they have no other choice if they dont want to starve to death or become homeless , the world owe's you nothing.

Only way you get to sit around doing fuck all for the rest of your life is if your born into a rich as fuck family or win the fucking lottery

sound advice. i thought about enlisting as well, but i dont agree with our governments involvement in the middle east. *inb4 commie fag* the military isnt for everyone. if i were you i would say fuck college entirely, take some time and find a career you would like, do some internships n' shit and there you go. there are plenty of jobs, you just cant be lazy.

wot degree u got bitch?

You're immature, just like I was. Live at home for a few years, get a shit job at a big company and learn to take it seriously. You might move up. If you do, hooray. If not, go back to college when you think you've grown up enough. Don't take a job at a small company. You want a faceless corporation that doesn't give a shit about you for this to work. If somebody gives a shit about you they'll give you a pass when you start showing up late and slacking off. It should be a place where you'll get written up for being late and fired for petty shit.

The other option is to transfer to a university close to your parents' place and have them treat you like it's high school. Curfew, make you show them your completed assignments, bust your ass to get out the door in the morning, all that. It's what I did. I got through college. I wish I had done the first option. It's what happened to me after college and it finally made me grow up.