>best track(s)
Narrow Your Eyes
Kiss Me, Son of God
Mammal
The Statue Got Me High
Don’t Lets Start
Rhythm Section Want Ad
Nothing’s Gonna Change My Clothes

I’ve only listened to their first 4 albums, so I really don’t know shit about them.

I'd rank their first 4 Lincoln>Flood>Apollo 18>TMBG, but I can't fault your taste in tracks.

Don't Lets Start is my personal favorite.
I had Then, The Earlier Years collection and that served me pretty well, too bad I lost it.

Lincoln > Apollo 18 > Flood > TMBG

My favorite album from them is John Henry.

And here’s my favorite track from each album I’ve heard:
Hide Away Folk Family (TMBG)
Kiss Me Son of God (Lincoln)
Your Racist Friend (Food)
Dinner Bell (Apollo 18)
A Self Called Nowhere (John Henry)
Metal Dectertor (Factory Showroom)
Reprehensible (Long Tall Weekend)
Hopeless Bleak Dispare (Mink Car)
Memo To Human Resources (The Spine)
The Shadow Government (The Else)
Spoiler Alert (Join Us)
Sometimes a Lonely Way (Nanobots)

wow Your Racist Friend is the track on Flood I would say holds it back form being a perfect album. It's so fucking on the nose.

I highly recommend listening to their Demo 1985 tape. Their early stuff was more experimental, it's a shame their newer stuff all kind of sounds the same.

my favorite off one of the best of their mid period, the spine youtube.com/watch?v=ihNnR6m-BEU

excellent taste user, i would agree but i think lincoln and flood are VERY close. on some days i like flood better

Everybody know that their best albums are the first 4, but The Spine and Glean are some of my favorites

youtube.com/watch?v=h-pESdegaHo
This cover of I Hear I New World is fucking great and it's absolutely nothing like anything else they've ever done.

like i said above, flood is a near-perfect album but for your racist friend (which i still enjoy melodically, just abhor lyrically). it's the first album of theirs i listened to, and i listened to it on repeat for years.

I'll just list my favorite off each album I give a shit about.
She's an Angel
They'll Need a Crane
Twisting
The Statue Got Me High
I Should Be Allowed to Think
Metal Detector
Older
Working Undercover for the Man
I Am Not Your Broom
Rest Awhile
Stalk of Wheat
Alphabet of Nations
Withered Hope
We Live in a Dump
Seven Days of the Week (I Never Go to Work)
I Am a Paleontologist
Celebration
Marty Beller Mask
You're on Fire
Let Me Tell You About My Operation
Black Ops (Alt)

Haven't heard Why? yet. Can't find a torrent for that or Phone Power. Or ARNATQ. Or Join Us. Anyone help me out?

oh I forgot Severe Tire Damage. Doctor Worm of course.

nah dude dont b fooled its just their hats theyre huge

lel
this thread brought up some feels... it might be time to update my collection. it boggles my mind how many albums they thought about. did some digging on the wiki and i turned up this, had never heard of it (though I knew of theme from mcsweeney's) tmbw.net/wiki/They_Might_Be_Giants_Vs._McSweeney's

They Might Be Giants are one of my favorite bands ever. They never take themselves seriously enough to be pretentious or annoying, but they're never insincere enough to be labeled a novelty. Linnel is also a severely underrated lyricist. It's especially apparent on Lincoln, but God damn he can write some really hard hitting shit, and really hilarious stuff too
>Best album
They Might Be Giants
>Best track
Stuff Is Way is probably my favorite song of theirs. It's so fucking good, I never get tired of it and I've listened to it hundreds of times. Also nice to see something so experimental from such a recent album. That or Space Suit
>Why does the sun shine?
Because it's a miasma of incandescent plasma, duh
TMBG>/=Lincoln>Flood>>Apollo 18 for me
Why don't you like Your Racist Friend's lyrics? I think they're pretty clever

It's corny as fuck, I think. "listen to some bullethead and the madness that he's saying"? It's like a parody of a psa about racism, but it's 100% sincere.

nazi detected. punching commencing

I can see that, though I definitely do not agree it's 100% sincere. I think they pretty clearly know how it sounds, and I think the song is just about the awkward situation of being forced upon a friend's friend, and this one happens to be a racist