5 reasons to switch from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox "Quantum"

5 reasons to switch from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox "Quantum"

1. Faster.
2. More privacy.
3. More customization.
4. Open source.
5. Mozilla supports the OpenWeb & cares more about its users than Google.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/firefox/update-looking-glass-add/
bestvpn.com/data-retention-and-vpn-logging-in-the-united-states/
popsci.com/technology/article/2013-03/when-it-legal-kill-hacker
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah, because doing drive-by installations for advertisement add-ons is so pro-privacy. sorry, but firefox lost that one.

shut your mouth if you don't know what you're talking about.

"Looking glass" was over-hyped. It did not reveal a users identity or information that could compromise one.

While I didn't agree with it, Mozilla has openly apologized for the incident and has taken measures to not let anything of such nature to happen again.

However, this could have been avoided if one turned off default telemetry/shield studies.

Note: The default telemetry cannot uniquely identify a user.

blog.mozilla.org/firefox/update-looking-glass-add/

Wat? Add screen width, header and cookies and you can identifiy every user. And every website can ask for those legally.

The thing is that, while they backpedaled, management just flushed years of user trust down the toilet.

Shit like this is why I do not trust Mozilla anymore.
If they do it once, they will do it again.

>did not reveal a users identity or information that could compromise one.
That's somehow what they all say until they get pwned and data gets leaked.

>could have been avoided if one turned off default telemetry/shield studies
No, could have been avoided if Mozilla Management wasn't a bunch of backstabbing cunts.

They didn't release or collect any information that could reveal a users identity.

Websites can do numerous things, like you said, including your IP, fingerprint, and various other things.

Mozilla and websites are two separate players in a situation like this. If you wanna get down to it, just your browsing habits can do that as well.

"shut your mouth if you don't know what you're talking about."
I guess you can't shut your mouth for not knowing what you're taking about with that big cock in your mouth!
Now you are truly a dumb-ass!

"Instead of giving users the choice to install this add-on, we initially pushed an update to Firefox that installed the “Looking Glass” add-on for English speaking users. This add-on was installed and set to ‘OFF’ and made no changes in the user experience unless it was explicitly turned on by a user, but it was added. Even when turned on no user data was collected or shared."

Try understanding what you are talking about before you start spewing bullshit!

The problem is, that comodo and chrome have a browser and OS spoofer built in. I just need one click in dev tools and privacy mode usually uses that module automatically.
Then we have firefox that gives a fuck about those concerns and I would have to install a third party plugin monitoring my own stats.

But you are right, glass is cancer and it was everyones fault using it.

I was going to to respond an actual reply until you said Chrome.

Chrome and Google; the polarity of privacy.

You know, chrome is a synonym for chromium and comodo? The chrome browser is open source and people created anty tracking versions. You just have to remove their basic add ins and it is faster than the basic chrome browser.

You said Chrome, which is the modified closed-source version of Chromium, huge difference.

Well, I thought it was clear when mentioning comodo, a company known for releasing open source version of known browser like Opera, Chrome and Firefox. My bad if that was not clear

Considering everything in the internet is being pwnd by meltdown and spectre right now, who gives a fuck?

FUCK THAT

THEY GOT RID OF ALL THE GOOD ADDONS LIKE DLTA

Just install the fix and loose 30% of your cpu power?
Nah, pretty easy, use a second OS for your important shit, where you never visit malware infested websites, like your phone.

Hi, mr robot

I got you, even then, if you want anonymity go to Tor, you probably already know that.

There are a lot more things than those few settings to be more private. Depending on how far you want to go, such as disabling your clipboard, WebGL, Geolocation, changing your IP, etc.

For me, Firefox does a better job, than Chromium. I mean even Tor is using Firefox ESR.

Whats the census on brave?

Last time I tried it, it's shit. Mediocre ad-blocker at best and the biggest thing, it lacked customization.

tor is not "safe" by a long shot.

I really don't know how to respond to that. Tor had its problems the last years, that is not really speaking for FF. I think they still show the warning of resizing your window for every new site you visit.
And I am not that much of a noob to let any traffic through while I am toring.
But Tor itself is hardly secure nowadays, rather use my vpn, when doing streaming and downloading.

I use a VPN.

But there isn't one paid VPN that can be trusted, I don't care where they are located, what records they hold, or what they say.

waterfox > anyotherfox

The same as Firefox but slower. (if one disables default telemetry/shield)

I had a longer brainstorming session with Sup Forums about secure vpns. We had some good solutions.
>Get a russian VPN
>Only pay with paysafecards bought at gas stations with money
>Get a dead man switch cronjob for removing its history if you don't log on to your pc for a day
You will loose your browser history during longer holidays, but you are usually super safe, because russia and western countries don't have a hacking or IT agreement
ATM most people frequent ukrania, but I wouldn't bet on it, because when the war is over, their laws may change.

is it better than waterfox?

Oh yeah smartass?
Did you go and read the open source code and verify that it's only doing what you want it to?
Or are you just assuming that other people will do that for you?

Newfane can't greentext

Except if they log your original IP and release it for whatever reason.

faster my ass

There is software to block everything not going through your wanted port to the wanted IP. The main weakness is the treaces in your local browser, but people using this technique should know that.

You have to connect to there server with your IP.

Samefag with horrible grammar.

Not even samefag, just bored of thread and fast typing.
You have to connect with your IP, but law enforcement can't get the other server, because you never paid it personally and russia doesn't have the laws for interpol to search their farms. As said earlier.

I'm saying the VPN has your original IP.

Be BRAVE, cuck

They can still find you if they wanted to based off of that. If they really wanted to.

Yeah, and how should law enforcement get to the server? Do a secret cia raid in russia?

In europe we have about 31 million cyber attacks from russia and ukraine and none of those is prosecuted. Guess why

Fuck off, Mozilla. You dun goofed, and your corporation is shady as fuck.

It depends on the circumstances and if it's worth the man power to do so. They can look at the IP, see where it came from (while would be so and so VPN), see if that VPN has logs, if they do, even if they say they don't.. This has happened recently, they could fork them over.

*attacks a day

Also for all we know the servers could already be compromised.

It doesn't depend, russia supports hacker targeting western countries. They are against the law, but the police is only prosecuting idiots attacking their own govt.

And for forking the logs: You think a western country would openly admit to hack a russian server? That screams for the next political crisis.

>russian detected
You think we're going to allow Russians to sell our data? they're KNOWN for sketchy ass shit

Uhm, prolly no? Russia and china have universities solely destined to recruit and teach hacker. They are the leading cyber armies and control most of the web. Even the us missed that trend and now has to pay for it with recruiting every half assed it guy coming from college.

Probably, that's not 100%, can't be trusted.

May be the case, but who would be interested, if I am not hacking any govt?

No one needs to be interested, dumbass. Connecting to the VPN grants the VPN provider access to EVERYTHING you view. That data is worth a lot of fucking money.

And as a capitalist person the provider will store all my info and sell it to western law inforcement, getting some money and loosing all his customer (because they promise not storing info and that is why people choose htem). Is that how capitalism works? People going openly into poverty?

That only happens if they get caught.

Opera master race

That only happens if they sell your information... So everytime. In the west we have the right to know, where the accusation points are from. And guess what would happen next?

We can go on, but just look at the big hacker the last few years, all used russian or ukranian vpns and got caught by bragging with their doings and using hteir username for hacking and gaming sites.

0/10
I'm using the previous version of firefox.. If they could just stay to a fucking basic layout instead of just hitting the random button it would be fine. Whoever designed quantum I hope gets cancer and leaves there family in financial life crippling debt.

GOAT.

KYS.

>I had a longer brainstorming session with Sup Forums about secure vpns.
*tips fedora*
How the fuck is using a prepay card going to make a difference? And what's wrong with VPNs in "safe" countries that claim to not log your data? Is there ANY proof of someone getting fucked because of VPN logs from a trusted non-logging VPN in a country with privacy laws?

please explain, ill wait

Can't wait for it to crash on me when I have more than 2 tabs open on it

Compelling argument. Faggot.

You can get fucked no matter where they are located or what they say.

I read a few stories about different ones on /r VPN.

>How the fuck is using a prepay card going to make a difference? And what's wrong with VPNs in "safe" countries that claim to not log your data? Is there ANY proof of someone getting fucked because of VPN logs from a trusted non-logging VPN in a country with privacy laws?
>please explain, ill wait
I started work 5 minutes ago, so short answer.
Western VPNS can be forced by law to log your IP and transaction information, even if they don't want to.
bestvpn.com/data-retention-and-vpn-logging-in-the-united-states/

And paysafe cards can only be tracked to a company but not to a specific server and since companies have dynamic ip handling, they will never know what you did. Especially concerning data retention

>n the west we have the right to know
You just said to buy a VPN from Russia. Our laws don't apply to them, you fucking idiot

Are you stupid, did you read the other anons post, are you drunk? That was my argument why you should buy russian vpns, thanks for repeating it

Chrome is a virus that's controlled by the freaks at Google who want to know all your doing. Firefox and Duck be free. Now we need Ducktube and Dmail to free us all the way

No, you're stupid. You don't "have a right to know" when from Russians selling your browsing history, you fucking tard

So trump is buying russian browsing history and hacker information to secretley kill them by the cia?
popsci.com/technology/article/2013-03/when-it-legal-kill-hacker
Didn't know Putinwitsch hated his cyber army this much

fuck are u talking about now?

i'm not saying they're going to sell your shit to our gov, they'll sell it to marketing firms, most likely

They won't because people especially hire those very expensive server for no logs. Imagine one person getting ads or law problems because of saved logs. Server would loose millions due to canceled subscriptions. Especially since pedos use your services.

>And paysafe cards can only be tracked to a company but not to a specific server and since companies have dynamic ip handling, they will never know what you did. Especially concerning data retention
what? you're fucked either way if the VPN is logging your IP data

>Western VPNS can be forced by law to log your IP and transaction information, even if they don't want to.
which is why i specified safe countries and vpns

what im saying is you can just use a normal credit card on a "good" vpn and you'll be just as safe as using a damn prepaid card, and "good" vpns exist outside of russia

>More customization
>Cant even use new tab redirect with a local file because "privacy"