Is Baseball the highest IQ sport?

Is Baseball the highest IQ sport?

Consider the following:

>Divegrass players can play for a top club by the time their 20
>Handegg players get drafted and immediately play for their teams by the time they're 21/22
>Same for Apehoop players
>the average age for MLB rookies is 24

Often Baseball players have to go through all 4 years of college and years in the minors before they play major league, meanwhile other sports don't have those barriers to entry

I think Baseball is the thinking man's sport

Other urls found in this thread:

usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ijsf4-2coachingpaper.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is Baseball the highest IQ sport?
Yes.

It could be golf, but out of the popular ones probably.

>golf
>hitting a ball farther

Snooker is a sport for the intelligent but it's not a team sport.

>literally not a single mention of what there is to think about for 7 years in the fucking minors

Nice "thinking mans """""""""""""""sport""""""""""""""""""" " there.

>finish 4 year liberal arts degree
>more focused on boreball than education
>high IQ

If you think golf comes down to hitting the ball further you obviously have never played golf

Of course not. I spend money on whores and not on clubs.

I didn't say anything about high IQ

>Playing in the minors makes you more intelligent
>Swimming over to the US from Cuba or the Dominican Republic make you more intelligent
>Spending an extra year or so getting handed easy grades while taking bullshit filler classes makes you more intelligent
>The 25-year-olds in the MLB are significantly more mature than the 24-year-olds in the NFL and NBA
>A sport which has virtually no in-game strategy compared to other major sports is a thinking man's sport (I can't wait to hear baseballfags retardedly argue that baseball "strategy" is comparable to NBA/NFL playcalling and strategy)

Really made me think, thank you

>being this retarded

Uneducated dipshits know more about baseball than you

>NBA
>strategy

You've got to be joking

>Uneducated dipshits know a lot about baseball
>Thinking man's sport
Really making me think right now.

>NBA
>strategy
The commish keep saying that niggers shouldn't fucking palm the ball and them niggers don't learn it for shit

old white baby boomers booty blasted

More than luckswing
They strive to hit the ball really hard, there's no way they can tell the trajectory of the ball or where it will go.

>Is Baseball the highest IQ sport?
Considering Dominicans are the best at it, no

>just swing hard lol
>just put the ball in the net lol

Yasiel Puig is honestly the best defense for this.
>incredible build
>cannon arm
>good speed
>hits for power

All this yet he's nearly too stupid to play in the majors.

nice vpn samefag

>swings bat

Oy vey this level of intelligence really is second to none.

Compared to pic related the minute to minute strategy of basketball is quantum physics. Shifting ten feet to the left because Pedro Rodrigez happens to enjoy hitting in that direction isn't strategy.

Kicking balls is really smart though.

Never said it is, dumb hue. OP is claiming boreball is more intelligent, i'm pointing out how dumb he sounds.

sure AF harder to swing that bat efficiently than kick a fuckin ball or dunk a ball

>Often Baseball players have to go through all 4 years of college
shoo shoo
at one point like ten years ago there was exactly one MLB player with a college degree

>NBA
>Strategy

At least you have to actually move and execute plays. You don't even need to speak the same language as your teammates in Baseball because the strategy is so basic.

>plate discipline
>pitch selection
A single at bat is more strategic than an entire basketball game.

K, i never said football is harder, so i really fail to see your point. Besides OP is talking about iq and not strenght or vision.

damn you one dumb nigger

julia is my favorite twin

>I think Baseball is the thinking man's sport
There is next to zero thinking/strategy in a game of baseball compared to other sports. Prove me wrong.

Even basic shit like this is 100x more complex than any type of play you'll see in a baseball game. Baseball is the only sport where a normal person could step on the field of play and understand exactly where they need to be at all times. Actual retards like Canseco and fresh off the boat foreigners who don't even bother to learn English have become MLB legends.

>tf
>tp

for sure, julia wouldnt touch that WWE douchebag with a 10 foot pole and liz let her whore vision take over

Individual hitting skill isn't strategy. There is virtually no team level strategy in baseball. A fan could coach a baseball team.

>I didn't say anything about high IQ
you made a thread about it doe

>dont even bother to learn english
>mlb legends

what magical player fits this bill? ichiro been moderately fluent since day one.

>plate discipline
me swing good pitch to hit
me no swing bad pitch to hit
>pitch selection
only real strategy in baseball and most of the time its boils down to "dont leave your pitches over the middle"

0/10 bad b8 m8

And mike brown is going to """coach""" the warriors to a title

>Baseball Coaching
"Alright, boys just go out there and do what you normally do, and I'll be here watching a movie on my iphone. Pitcher, don't fuck up or I'll yank you out. Also, let me know if the ump stars being a fag so I can run out in my silly outfit and start waving my arms and yelling like a retard."

>Football coaching
"Alright defensive coordinator, tell your boys to try and hit the quarterback. Offensive coordinator, tell the fat ones to throw the ball to the QB so he can throw to slim ones."

wow you basic

>mike brown
>tyrone lue
>that florida fag in OKC

these teams just run by their superstars. their jobs are simply to remind the players how many fouls everyone has and to settle down the angry niggers.

when nba changes head coach, it has lowest win % influence than any major sport whereas baseball is tops with football close on its heals

>managers are useless

keep being retarded

the thread is about highest IQ in relation to other sports

i can have the highest IQ of my friends and still be low IQ, for example

Do they need teach subtleties of the English language in Canadia?

Other than Spurs, imagine being a NBA coach.
>superstar, do your thing
>everyone else, pass to him

there's like 7 MLB players that have a college degree

Baseball fans are the most intelligent by far but player development has nothing to do with intelligence.

It takes time and repetition to develop the reflexes necessary to hit 95 mph pitching. That's really what it comes down to

>it's a besibol fans grasp at straws and try to convince everyone their sport isn't boring as fuck
inb4 "a leaf"

MLB teams draft players out of high school and develop them in the minor leagues. they don't go to college, college baseball doesn't have nearly the level of competition that triple-a does.

hit the ball as hard as possible
>highest IQ sport
decent bait

it's the nuances in fielding, where IQ really comes into play. if you put a cricket player in a baseball game they would finish with 20 errors.

I'm still waiting for MLB fags to explain what type of in-game MLB team strategy is even remotely as complex as the in-game adjustments and plays which are run in real time in the NFL and NBA.

these use extremely meme stats to try to feign intelligence.
>player is batting 1 for 4 when facing north
>player is batting 1 for 7 when grass is longer than 2 inches
>player has a 0.234 batting average against pitches with the letter F in their name

strategy is determined by the pitcher and catcher. they're essentially calling a play every few seconds. the defensive shifts you see sometimes in baseball are simply because of the batter's stance.

Except this strategy obviously doesn't work. Look at Lebron's first time in Cleveland or Michael Jordan in the 80s. Even if you have a god-tier player you need a solid system.

I love all 3 sports, but I'll say Baseball requires A LOT more thought and adjustments on the part of the players themselves than basketball and football, which are coach-centric sports whereas baseball is a hybrid individual/team sport.

>Hurr durr, swing bat hard, throw the ball the hard

No. A baseball player/pitcher needs to know the tendencies of hundreds (i.e 9-12 batters and pitchers per, team, and a baseball roster dynamic changes a lot more since players are routinely called up) of individual players in order to develop a good plan of attack.

For a pitcher, facing a new batter is literally like a quarterback facing a new offense.

On the hitting side, a batter needs to know what a pitcher is likely to throw on this count, that count; what he's likely to throw depending on the inning, lead, men on base situation, etc.

Miguel Cabrera has often recalled what a pitcher threw him in a specific situation years ago to get a tactical edge on a pitcher.

Of course, like any sport, baseball has instances when pure skill and athleticism beats strategic and tactical advantages. Everyone knows Chapman is throwing a 103 mph fastball, just like everyone knows Curry is taking a 26 footer off a Draymond pick, and you still can't stop it.

People underrate baseball's depth because it doesn't have cute diagrams showing player movement, and I won't claim it's deeper than football, which I do think is the most complex sport out there, but again, it's primarily up to the players to figure it out while an NFL coach is the one spending 60 hours per week in the film room developing that weeks gameplan him and his staff will teach to the players. With 162 games, there isn't enough time for coaches to hand-hold players like that.

And yes, I know quarterbacks put in a lot of work on that end, too, but other than that, football is a coach-centric sport.

MLB fans have the highest female foot fetish % of male and female fans (yeah, even the few girls that are into baseball enjoy their own feet or other girl's) than any of the other "Big Four" US sports.

Kinda weird considering feet are less involved in baseball than any of the other major sports.

I dunno, I love girls with cute feet.

Furthermore, basketball's "depth" is highly overrated.

I'm a big fan, but I see it more as skill/athleticism centric sport than a strategic/tactical one. I don't care how fancy players look in a diagram.

Everyone and their mother knew the 3 peat Lakers were going to force-feed Shaq in the lowpost. And they knew Shaq was going to find Kobe or shooters when the double and triple teams came. Still couldn't stop it.

>muh triangle

Those Lakers went away from the triangle a lot and just iso'ed through Shaq/Kobe. Besides, the triangle offense isn't rocket science. Triangles are a common site in all goal sports, from hockey to soccer, since it's the most effective way for players to position themselves in order to create spacing and easy passing lanes.

They did a study, and found that coaching doesn't matter much in the NBA.

usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ijsf4-2coachingpaper.pdf

>Our most surprising finding was that most of the coaches in our data set did not have
a statistically significant impact on player performance relative to a generic coach. Even
the most successful coaches by our metric—Jackson, Popovich, and Fitzsimmons—
were statistically discernable only from the very worst-rated coaches. We therefore find
little evidence that most coaches in the NBA are more than the “principal clerks” that
Adam Smith claimed managers were more than 200 years ago.

its the comfiest, thats for sure

Cricket is close, but the 3 day games give baseball the edge

>players look

*plays

OP & baseball & all of baseball's defenders ITT simultaneously BTFO

Usually males and females with foot fetishes have higher IQs, but a major problem they have is mental focus. Since seeing a barefoot female with well pedicured feet and toes triggers sexual thoughts in their brain, often they have a hard tine focusing in everyday normal situations.

IE
>you're trying to do research at the library and a cute girl slips off her flip flops or is dangling them and wiggling her toes a lot. a normally intelligent male of female that has a foot fetish will be terribly distracted and less productive.

¿WILL BEISBOL EVER RECOVER?

Do anyone have that old besibol comic where the guy smokes too much weds and that one guy goes "yes fucks yes"

It is quite literally the lowest IQ sport. There's just nothing to know. Maybe your catcher needs to be able to call a good game but everything else is done by the manager (and even a manager can basically call a game himself).

I mean just really stupid. Have you ever played these sports? Baseball literally has lines that you must follow from base to base. The ball is hit, run to the ball and catch it in your glove. Ground ball - throw it to first base.

I mean what the fuck is wrong with you?

holy fuck my eyes have tears

I think it comes down to the margin of error being tiny in baseball. You only get a handful of looks per game to make a hit. This means it takes years of extra practice to dial in that instinct on where to swing. The difference between great and mediocre is 10% or less.

Takes the longest to break into the highest level but I think it has to do with it being a sport mostly based on skill rather than physicality, not about IQ. They are still mostly great athletes of course but skill is most important.

As for IQ maybe you're partly right. Others sports do have some complex tactics and strategies and plays, but this comes mostly from the coaches,the players themselves other than certain positions generally don't have to do much thought themselves, just practice plays and perform them when they are told to.

Baseball fielders have to know what to do in hundreds of possible scenarios depending on how the ball is hit, who and where the runners are, the score inning and count. Probably becomes mostly instinctual but maybe it does take a while to become so which contributes to baseball players taking longer to make the bigs, On the batting side they need to study up on the pitchers they're going to face and their tendencies, during the at bat they are generally trying to figure out what the next pitch will be, trying to be a step ahead of the pitcher who is trying to be a step ahead of you, maybe try to eliminate a certain pitch or part of the zone. There are also different approaches to hitting depending on who is on base, the inning score and count etc. Have to study up on the umpire and his zone also.

Also not sure any position in sports requires as much intelligence as a catcher in baseball, maybe a QB and that's it. Some pitchers are content to follow their catchers (or managers) direction but others are very intelligent themselves. Listening to former pitchers like Pedro Martinez you realize how smart they are, always a step ahead of the hitter like he knew exactly what they were thinking and exactly how to get each guy out. What goes into game calling isn't as obvious as tactics in other sports but it's incredibly complex, catchers have to study a shit ton and look out for a dozen different things before every pitch

Cricket is 50 times better than Baseball. Baseball is a spic sport.

I also love baseball and qt feet
In summer in a ballpark with plenty of empty seats there are always a ton of girls putting their feet up on the seats in front of them, good stuff

LOL

do baseball seriously into female feet w/e?

all the girls i've known and bedded say the same. they enjoy when a guy massages their feet and soles in excessive. they get weirded out when a guy sucks their toes and licks their soles, BUT they know at that point that the male is no longer relationship/breeding material. He is a toy to use a eventually break at that point. Any male that sucks a females toes is automatically beta and cannot be a father.

I'm about to attend the Yankees game with a friend, haven't watched a game since last season. Make me look not stupid.

>Yankees
You're supposed to look stupid there, mate

>Graduating college means you're smart
We all know these guys are studying sports nutrition or some made up degree like football players do

BASEBALL BTFO

they don't graduate from college though only 4% of baseball players have college degrees

are you fucking retarded?

This desu

This

As a huge baseball fan couldn't agree more. Especially for the AL (babbys first league)

Handegg has more strategy on a single drive than luckswing has in an entire game.

The only part of baseball that is impressively strategic is the front office, there is very little strategy in the game itself compared to other sports

>NBA
>strategy

lmao

If you're stuck in the minors for 7 years then you may want to consider other options for your life