bigtideband.bandcamp.com

>jangle pop
>power pop
>ffo teenage fanclub, big star, the byrds

This time I'm early!

isolatedlight.bandcamp.com
>Dark ambient fused in the sounds of the decaying format
>Sometimes harsh, sometimes pleasant but mostly harsh

Going to stay a while and have a listen to each and everyone of you!

I don't really enjoy it, sorry. To me it sounds a bit too forced or not genuine enough, I can't really tell you what is wrong with it. But there is something in there which bothers me. When I'll get it I'll let you know for sure.

onlineband.bandcamp.com

EP of demos

>folk
>blues

jackkilgore.bandcamp.com/album/fuck-nature
>experimental, samples, guitar fuckery, decay

love track 5! This is really fucking good

just like you said, smooth as hell

erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/

>ambient
>pop
>mostly electronic

I haven't heard anyone here, so no recs. Will leave feedback over the next few hours, always appreciate getting feedback myself.

favoritewater.bandcamp.com/album/monster-reborn

>post-nightcore

Ayy, glad you enjoyed it! Appreciate your opinion. It's going to be hard for me to return any sort of feedback your way though. I did not enjoy your output, not in a bit. Firstly, I am quite worried and confused about the quality of the presentation - titles/cover/the page look combined make it look like you didn't really pushed much effort into your work which is quite distracting to say the least. Presentation is everything to me so if it fails at that I'm having trouble taking your music seriously. Maybe it's just me but under these sounds there is some promise. But your stuff lack either substance or structure to make it appealing or attention grabbing. I mean, it's okay but, like you've said it yourself, it's mostly fucking about to me and really not much else. Sorry for being so harsh but if you want to take it seriously, if you want to be serious about your work you have to know, at least to me, what are the basic problems with your stuff, fair and square. I wish you all the best in the future endeavours though! Maybe you'll prove me wrong in the near future!

Love the samples, very serene and kind of sad sounding. It's better when there's less obnoxious crackly noises. I'd have sex to this.

this is the most bandcamp album to ever be hosted on bandcamp

Why does this exist? What sort of artistic goals are you trying to achieve? What emotions are you trying to invoke? Honestly curious.

how come you guys only rate 1 or 2 songs?

Well usually it's albums, and I kinda get caught up in listening to the whole thing if it's good enough. Still listening to 's album as we speak.

ah fair doos

>I'd have sex to this.
I don't know if I should talk to a necrophiliac :D But hey, glad you liked it! And yeah, cracking noises can be somewhat obnoxious to some but really it is a matter of taste.

>Why does this exist?
It started out as speeding up songs that wernt part of the nightcore formula

>What sort of artistic goals are you trying to achieve?

Making songs from multiple sped up songs, parodying nightcore, and the wide scope of possibilities that comes from sampling actual good songs.

>What emotions are you trying to invoke?

depends on the artist. My stuff specifically tries to invoke a cute, happy, rhythmic, poppy vibe.

thank you

I sadly miss the idea of this being somehow appealing and/or funny.

ilovetang.bandcamp.com/album/ill-try-harder-next-time
>Dream pop, power pop, alternative
Still looking for Toronto bands who wanna play some shows in December.
Big recs

melonsoda.bandcamp.com/releases
>Indie
>Math Rock
>Emo
>alt roc

gojuliago.bandcamp.com/releases
>Postrock
>other

rec

Hey, this is not bad! If I have any problems with it is that you are trying to put way too much shifting ideas in too little time. You need to work a tiny bit on the focus. The recording quality is awesome though. You just really need to refine some ideas and get it going!

Bump

aqm1.bandcamp.com/

>Prog
>Instrumental
>Noise
>Math Rock

Any comments are appreciated

Will you provide any to any of the posters here? Because if not I won't give you a dime of my opinion

bump

haven't listened much yet, but I feel like I'm going to like this!

minkey.bandcamp.com/album/minkey
youtube.com/watch?v=d4Kde93dpes
check out my album, I have CDs to sell

motelguide.bandcamp.com/album/owl-sight-owl-mind

>bedroom folk
>singer-songwriter
>american primitive guitar
>FFO: Nick Drake, Fahey, Mount Eerie, Sufjan maybe idk

And here's youtube for my lame covers. I think it at least helps in getting over my performance nerves, even if its just for my phone's camera. Think I'll do one of my own songs next.
youtube.com/watch?v=IDqtMBgd8eU

Man the songwriting here is actually pretty great. Lyrics have a really nice flow to them and don't cover any of the too well trodden subject areas. I don't know really even know how to characterize it, but you just have a knack for those neat little turns of phrases that lend themselves well to songs like this. Nice rhyming too, never feels forced. I wish I was better at articulating what is an isn't good songwriting since I find it so important, but I can't. It's just something you can innately, and I feel confident saying this is good songwriting. Clearly these are just demos but these are definitely a good base for however you plan on developing them. Also I'm feeling Nonsense pretty hard. Normally I'd take issue with someone being so direct but damn is it relatable.

only other person so far to recc is but he perty dope.

Ah fuck, that whole blob of text was meant as feedback for

sorry

Who choose you to be the authority on who gets feedback and on what basis?

I give my feedback to anyone when i feel like it.

okay then, have fun not getting any yourself.

you're all cunts picking and choosing.
either give feedback to all or none.
defeats the whole object of discovering new music and sharing opinions with fellow Sup Forumstards doesn't it

and yes, i'm basically butthurt cause no one has reviewed my shit

Have you been a good Sup Forumstant then and gave somebody a solid element of feedback? Because, as of now, there are only at least three anons who provided a lengthy comment about somebody's work. Expecting somebody to touch you especially in the private place is kind of insecure and very douche'y. So here's a simple question - do you practice what you preach? Because I don't see you throwing feedback now, starting up conversation.

>either give feedback to all or none.
This is stupid. I deliberately only try to give feedback to one or two so I can at least try and say something helpful or meaningful about their work. I'm not saying everyone has to do that but I think that's probably more valuable than just giving a bunch of thoughtless appraisals.

I'll say that I do tend to primarily focus on people who make stuff similar to my own, which is maybe not for the best, but at the same time I think that's preferable to me just giving thoughts on something that I have no expertise or even interest in.

bjornbols.bandcamp.com/
>neofolk
>ancient concepts

Really nice stuff my friend, just downloaded. The guitar tone is definitely feeling American primitive like, great guitar playing too. Really cool that you and I have very similar influences minus Sufjan!

Thanks for the feedback!
I agree with you, looking back on it, it was a bit without a solid focus of direction.

MUH FEELIGNZ

Man, I can't believe someone actually thinks this way about what I'm doing. Surreal feeling. Thank you.

I had listened to your stuff in a past thread, but don't feel competent in giving any sort of in-depth opinion on it as I am only 3 months into making music and can barely play an instrument or sing. Never had any training or theory learning so I am completely oblivious to what makes a song good or bad.

All I know is the songs your making sound very nice. You have a lot of talent on the guitar, and a soothing voice. We are somewhat polar opposites lol. Keep up the good work dude.

Thanks! I've actually listened to your album before and I dig it. When I try to do American Primitive type stuff I worry that I rely too much on the already established motifs and tropes in the genre, which is something that I really don't get from your playing. It really sounds like an individual unique approach to it. Also of course you've got a lot of other interesting sounds filling up the mix to give it your own personal tinge. I've never really gotten into neofolk specifically (though I do find it interesting) but I can definitely see that kind of thing coming through in your stuff with the whole ancient/mythic theme. It makes it a bit difficult to approach for basic bitches like me but it definitely gives it a neat overall character. You've just got a really interesting project here m8, cool stuff.
No problem m8. That's really surprising to hear that you're so new to it, definitely keep it up. Yeah your voice and playing has room for improvement but I do believe you just have some real raw talent from a songwriting perspective, and I think that's much more important than technical ability. And likewise thanks for the kind words.

xblackxsantax.bandcamp.com/album/brainmelter-2
>conceptual album about me party fouling and being an asshole overall
>techno, industrial metal, electropunk

congrats, that sounds like the least appealing thing ive seen posted here.

soundcloud.com/k39sound/tracks

spotify:artist:2uqxCIOylY8yLlI14CvvWe

k-39.bandcamp.com/

K-39

>Ritual/spiritual
>Downtempo
>space
>experimental

>spotifyfacebook

thanks you should give it a listen

no thanks

genuinely my work is the only thing meaningful in this thread.
if you'd listened you'd agree.

you mean my work? because in comparison tbqh senpai my shit blows yours out of the water

lmao get over yourself

i've been a good Sup Forumstard in the respect that i've listened to everything posted here.
just everything i've heard isn't worth critiquing.
not gonna say anything other than positive.
hey i may be an arrogant pompous cunt, but i'm not gonna slag off some randomer's bedroom recordings to make myself feel better about my own life

which is mine then?

wetpancake.bandcamp.com/album/wet-pancake-jazz-band

my jazz band just recorded this a couple days ago

doesn't matter

only decent thing about this board is that you don't get done for spam and self promo.
at least with reddit i'll get a few upvotes and comments before my shit is removed!

You don't have to shit on someone to critique, and I highly highly doubt you are in any way notable compared to anyone else here. If you were you wouldn't be so hesitant to actually identify yourself.

but the fact i am notable, would be pretty embarrassing like i'm behaving like an insecure whinging teenager waiting for validation of elitist talentless cunts

the short one?

nah guess again

lol

i'm very insecure, but not about my music.
>HINT: it's the only track to have been recorded in a studio and mastered professionally in this thread

Do you seriously not see the irony in calling other people elitist while talking about how much better you are than all of them?

go back to making your mediocre mathy noise shit.

oh shit
i've been unmasked
>ABORT

was meant for

also irony isn't something i can easily grasp being on the spectrum and what not

actually no, i'm going to stay and fight my corner
go ahead elitists, i await your responses...

i was lolling because you were saying just the things i usually think when here.
i am not the user fighting with you.
>recorded in a studio and mastered professionally
well, i have heard some awful shit come out of professional studios so it is not really a merit in itself.

sure, i missed out the fact it was MIXED professionally as well.
i think that's enough to know which track is mine.

everyone shut the fuck up and listen to my album

we already did. you got your feedback, now move on

you're a narcissist and I will not listen to your shitty jangle pop.

not enough

indeed i am.
jangle pop is dead. twee is better.
also twee is not for posers like yourself.

this album is pure shit
and not the good shit
but the awful shit

not really.
professional just means you paid for it.
studios make money with this misconception and they promote the idea.

somebody just reply to my track.
just one and i'll shut up and leave.
for fuck's sake, it's obvious which is mine!

I paid for it?
haha i can barely afford to bathe let alone recording costs and such

this is me:

already did and commented earlier.
it had 4 excellent tracks and bunch of fillers.

I love you

so it was your friend who did it?
or did you suck dick?

gurglesplat.bandcamp.com/album/5th

Will this be the dead one? Stick around and find out!

>electronic

my friend yes.

okay i'll come clean.
this is mine.
please can someone just comment at least?

why did you ignore my steam friend request :(

3849.bandcamp.com/
>experimental electronic

you're all fucking worthless i sincerely detest you

k

just reply to my fucking song and i'll go. easy.

>melonsoda.bandcamp.com/releases
liked the hook.
would listen again.

thank you. seriously, that's all i needed.
bye.

skynet is that you?

banksdanielsandhenryjones.bandcamp.com/releases
>Free jazz

Well at least we now know the answer to that age old question of "how many shitposters does it take to ruin a thread"?

This is better than most of Leyland Kirby's projects. Listening through your album, I feel fully immersed in a dream-like trance. Music rarely evokes any emotions within me, so, thank you for the pleasant listen.

lenny kravits

dead thread?

it's dead when it's dead

fizzydiscoproductions.bandcamp.com/releases

>pop
>jazz
>alternative

eh

it's cool but i can't stand the way the vocals are mixed at all. they sound out of place.

>electronic
>experimental
I'm starting to compose new stuff and selling cassettes.
postmillenialdreams.bandcamp.com

Recs: