What is the most overrated album of all time?

What is the most overrated album of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YssbW75bdmg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Beach Boys- Pet Sounds

Idk but not fucking these

lol this album is barely rated outside of Sup Forums newfag
this and channel orange are contenders

Sgt Pepper's and Revolver

*steals from Spirit*

OMG tenoutaten ROCK N ROLL GODS!

I don't like Led Zeppelin but don't pretend like you would know who Spirit was if it wasn't for them

good contenders

whatever it is, it sure as hell ain't cLOUDDEAD

Not, at all

I never got it and I never will. By far the most famous Anticon release and by far their worst. It's like the worst of everything you could possibly imagine from the crew all combined into one. Atmospheric production that's better at putting you to sleep than anything else, absolutely no instance of a banging moment in the entire 70+ minutes and with pseudo-intellectual ramblings from Dose One and company. It's not that I'm against experimentation and innovation in hip hop, but this is clearly an example that when everything goes wrong with it. I don't necessarily want hip hop to stay pigeon-holed into its "normal" sound, expanding the limits of the genre is normallly good, but in this case it's like it's losing everything that made hip hop good in the first place. You know, beats, rhythm, fun... Some say this works better as an ambient album which I guess is true, but then again why the need to add the hip hop elements to it? There's just absolutely nothing that I like in this, it's just awful in every aspect. Thankfully hip hop experimentation moved in another direction as this is/was just plain wack.

IDK if I'd go that far but Spirit was always a year or two ahead of them. I personally prefer Spirit to Led Zeppelin a lot, but that may be because LZ are so fucking overplayed.

"Overrated" is a meme word and the whole point of this thread is seeking validation for disliking popular albums.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No

This album is way too niche to really be overrated but it is seriously fucking garbage. The way its fans talk about it you think it's the best album ever made but it sucks. The production is boring even by ambient standards and Doseone and Why are fucking annoying. It's not even a hip hop album.

diction is such a fucking faggot.

Niche can't be "most overrated of all time"
Got just what it deserved IMHO
It's not overrated, it just a cover art too stylish for its own good.
Fuck you. It's good and it's praised accordingly. Nobody says it's "good" as it is. meme/10

Honestly, for it's time this was probably good but it's aged like milk, sounds like the most generic indie rock imaginable and isn't worth the praise at all when compared with albums released after it in the same genre.

>isn't worth the praise at all when compared with albums released after it in the same genre
Name one album from the same genre, either before or after, that is consistently better than ITAOTS
If you say Funeral you're straight up wrong

the majority opinion is that clouddead/anticon ruined hip hop

Do you even understand what "Overrated"?
Show us something as consistent, as genuinely weird, as conceptual and as lyrically gorgeous as ItAotS.
Sup Forums loves this album, I do too, but we are just a small forum in a gigantic music world, and this album doesn't exactly top "best music of all time" anywhere. If anything would be decided to be the "most overrated of all time" it would have to be on a larger scale then Sup Forums (probably some Rolling Stones list or such)

>Do you even understand what "Overrated" means?
selffix

The Glow pt. 2
Lonesome Crowded West
Perfect From Now On
This is a Long Drive
Doolittle
the list goes on...

If all it takes is an album to ruin a fucking genre of music the album deserves all the praise in the world

autism. if you weren't a newfag you would've seen the pictures of big stores advertising the vinyl of this with Pink Floyd and the beatles.

Not him but yeah Long Drive is better.
Not the rest though

I said consistently better. The Glow Pt. 2 is notorious for having a shit-ton of filler, as are LCW/Long Drive.
Doolittle/maybe PFNO are the only ones you could make a case for but those are so far removed from ITAOTS in the first place they're barely in the same genre
You're missing the point of the album, nobody loves it because it's super groundbreaking or original. They love it because almost every song on it is good enough to be a classic and it's less than 40 minutes long

MPP

Long Drive has no filler faggot
Every song has a thought out and very individual concept

That's actually bullshit, cLOUDDEAD became infamous when their self-titled came out, which is what put anti-con on the map.
The white stripes even covered one of their songs live in 2014.
youtube.com/watch?v=YssbW75bdmg

aside from a few tracks this album is leagues behind their post-pablo discog, fuck you

There is no such thing as overrated, since that would mean you claim to know it's objective value, and the entire subjective value of everyone averaged out.

This
It doesn't do a lot wrong, but it doesn't do a lot spectacularly well either. Probably the worst "classic" Floyd album actually.

OK Computer, a good album but come on

I’m pretty sure op meant overrated as in something popular, something universally known and acclaimed, not a mu/pitchfork meme

Really made me think desu senpai

Somewhat related to Clouddead...can anyone help me remember this weird hip hop album with a desert or cowboys on the cover? The music itself was kind of hazy and vaguely psychedelic, too.

New Kingdom - Paradise Don't Come Cheap (1996) ?

wtf i didnt know this existed holy shit

that's gold

Get a load of this pleb

KID A

the world was a better place before i knew of this cover

Bland, uncreative, 100 songwriters.

Yet, it was praised by critics for its SJW lyrics

It's a decent album but in no way better than Blackstar, ATCQ or Blonde