Can somebody tell my why people buy these pointless piece of garbage "Pop!" figures?

can somebody tell my why people buy these pointless piece of garbage "Pop!" figures?

they have to be the most redundant waste of injection mold plastic ever. what the heck are the appeal of these non-anatomical inaccurate little figures

i could write a book about how much i hate these things, why are the eyes black? what the hell started this trend? whats so great about having all of the heads square? why not a triangle? who the fuck thought of it? why is it minimalist in the face but then detailed when it comes to the outfits? i wouldn't want one if it were free, so how on gods green earth do they sell?

>Hurr why people buy these things?

Because they want to, the fuck do you care? It's their money.

oh heres a luke skywalker one, oh wow, damn. fuckin nailed it. holy shit well done, great job. amazing job.

you wouldnt be able to tell it was luke skywalker without the green lightsaber and the fucking label on the box, take those away somebody would think its a fucking lord of the rings figure. it looks like a poorly designed middle school art project

Collectables*

FOR CHR- WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THING

IT DOESNT EVEN LOOK LIKE HAN SOLO!

IT STRAIGHT UP LOOKS LIKE TOM CRUISE THESE THINGS MAKE ME LIVID

>stop-liking-what-I-don't-like, the thread

Do you not realize that there is nothing on this planet that isn't hated by someone? You don't like these things, nobody gives a shit. They don't owe an explanation to you.

But ye, they are shit

if you were buying a toy/action figure

wouldn't you want it to represent the character its supposed to be portraying? why in the production of these things is it a requirement for each and every one to have this template of a square head and black eyes, taking away from the detail of the character its supposed to emulate, i cant be the only person who hates these things

Thats only in the human ones. Girlfriend has a groot one on her dashboard that is cute as fuck.

i know someone who collects these as some form of dealing with his anxiety

he is a super massive faggot though, like nth degree queer

>wouldn't you want it to represent the character its supposed to be portraying?

I like different styles of the character it is portraying. Just how I like different artist drawing the same character I like. You're just autistic about nothing.

Agreed, their non-human characters are pretty nice.

wat

Nendroids for nubs

The target audience of these monstrosities has a significantly lower IQ than you do, OP. They're aimed the the average consumer-of-popular-culture normie. Idiots exist to be taken advantage of by those who are more intelligent.

~damaged~

well i'll tell ya what they sure look easy to produce

low cost with high sale rate? ya feel

Don’t worry OP, I don’t get why people obsess over them either. Then again I don’t really understand collection behavior either, but these are the worst example of it that’s for sure.

guh, what the fuck is this thing

I don't understand not collecting things. Maybe we can swap questions.

well hot damn i thought i was the only one

I only buy the non-humanoid ones because they look kinda cool. The normal mouthless ones looks dumb as fuck though.

I don't like em either, OP. They look horrendous

Agreed, most of mine are non-human. I love their aliens and monsters.

SQUARE

HEADS

Lol your a dumb ass

They are collectable figurines that are worth 20-200 bucks they aren’t supposed to actually look like the stars just dressed up as them

I buy them at 10 bucks a pop and sell them in the 100 range...

i could imagine these would trigger a star wars fan

But that’s not collecting just because you enjoy collecting these things. What you’re talking about is investing in them to eventually sell them to people who DO enjoy them.

thats how you know this dude has at least 500 of these on his desk

They’re readily available in most stores and probably an impulse buy. Having similar base dimensions probably makes it cheaper to mass produce.

starts off his defense with an insult

It’s like collecting baseball cards except this is Hollywood movies or shows. I’ll also admit some of them are really cool
Had abou that much sold most of them gained almost 1000 while I only spend about 200 bucks in total...

((imagination is the essence of discovery))

>looks like tom cruise

im dead

I can understand that to some people they are simply appealing, like they put it in their room and it gives them pleasure like a painting or eases their mind like a potted plant. What I don’t really get is the obsession of “completing” the collection. It just seems so arbitrary sometimes. Like why stamps from the year 1957 and not coins from the 18th century. Why these box head dolls and not anime figurines? What makes one category better than the other and what is this need to “finish the set”? Compulsion? Obsession? Like I said, I don’t get it.

People can multitask, not our fault you don't have that kind of capacity.

The collector ones are worth alot of money

I bought this one for my wife. She likes to paint. The only one we have though.

Because collecting a set is better then just having one figure. Like I said, you will spend about 30 bucks for the set and you can sell the set with in one year for 150. Some figures sell themselves about that much

feeling targeted because original poster doesn't like little character toys

*responds in anger*

this one resembles bob ross pretty decently

Atrocities come in many forms

you're*, dumbass

is there a Pop! figure for Off-By-One Kenobi?

what the crap is that thing

because they are cool and can be worth several thousand dollars to the right person

>can somebody tell my why
No. Nobody can. But they'll sure buy them!

for the love of

How else am I going to show my normie friends how nerdy I am, I can't buy proper weeb statues or figurines as that would be too nerdy and might make my friends think im a weird pedo or something, I need something inoffensive and recognizable but still "nerdy" enough to look like something Sheldon would own, Luckily Gamestop has dedicated most of their store to these crappy looking plastic things that look vaguely like popular nerdy thingies. Just look at this loveley rendition of Hatsune Miku popular holographic superstar, doesn't it just scream "I'm such a geek"

While this example just oozes "pedo"

>all defensive arguments revolve around the resale value

I think your a need that’s just pissed cause nobody is buying or trading actual figures of Star Wars like they used to

>What I don’t really get is the obsession of “completing” the collection

Depends on what that means to the person. For example, I have no problem getting only a few characters I like from one franchise (Say a Street Fighter character I use the most) vs Ninja Turtles and despite my favorite is Donatello, I'd feel I'd need to get the other 3 because it's just fucking weird to me not to have the other 3.Then of course I'd want the villians to compliment the 4 turtles...and that's when things get a little complicated. Same thing with ghostbusters to me.Having one character in each thing just seems kinda dead to me.

>Like why stamps from the year 1957 and not coins from the 18th century.

Who says you have to have one but not the other? Or both? No one says you can only collect one thing.

>Why these box head dolls and not anime figurines?

1) pricing is completely different 2) MOST things I'm into is western and not a lot of things Japan makes reflects what I'm into. 3) They rarely do all the characters I actually like. 4) They only focus on the popular vs what I may actually be into 5) When Japan produces things, they do it in different waves and it gets really confusing. Like if I wanted the full One Piece Crew I'd have to make sure they are all from the same set because if not then my display would look fucking weird.

> What makes one category better than the other and what is this need to “finish the set”? Compulsion? Obsession? Like I said, I don’t get it.

That more or less falls into the realm of personal preferences. Just like how people want vinyl vs CD or blu ray over DVD or going to live concerts and seeing the movie at the theater.

Lol why else do people collect for.. coins,baseball cards, Pokémon cards...

burn them all

Did poodiepie agree to this lmao

they havn't grown out of the toy stage.

I just agree with OP that the POP figurines are ugly as fuck and has a tendency to attract some of the worst types of nerds. And I collect weeb figurines

What does that even mean? There's no such thing.

If you're an adult, and are buying toys, you need to grow up.

well it makes collecting easier when you know you can get back a portion of the cost or make a profit if youre smart. kinda like getting into MTG

see

I dont get it either

You can just ignore things you don't like. That's what most normal people do.

Elaborate on that. Grow up and what?

They are the Beanie Babies of the 2000s. Buying them as an 'investment' is idiotic.

Put away childish things.

I don't sell the ones I buy, but in this day and age anyone who sees profit outside nerd culture has become increasingly easy.

Why? You haven't said anything to convince me yet.

Listen to classic music and read books? or maybe play my 3ds in public?

lol, look at this fag I found on their subreddit. He should be glad his mom is dead so she didnt have a chance to see the full extent of the failure that her son would become.

I am not here to convince you.

Why would I play your 3DS in public?

i got a dragonborn one and thats it

Nope... for a short while it was the fidgetspinners, followed by those weird animal rubber band bracelets...

I bought a spike spiegel one for like 7$ because I like cowboy bebop

Then why reply? I'm literally wiling to hear you out and all you can come up with is "g-g-grow up"

i like figurines as much as the next cringe weaboo otherkin demisexual normie hater

but these are just tragic

Should have left out the "my", sorry for the confusion.

*michael jackson popcorn gif*

clearly you are too young to remember the rise and fall of beanie baby

This discussion is like saying why buy stock from the stock market or buy bitcoin, grow the fuck up and get a job... the fuck is this about

>Breaks into home
>Opens and empties every box
>Only steal the boxes

people didn't try to get one (or more) of every fidget spinner. there were hundreds of companies making them.

not the same, except for being popular.

animal bracelets, I can't speak for.

Because I wanted to. Why are you so concerned with my opinion? Focus on your own.

Not at all I was raised in the 90ds.. the exception here is that beanie baby’s were targeted for girls. While funko pop is targeted to all ages

Y-you wouldn't dare

But I already read books, listen to music. I don't play handheld games in public because I'm fully aware how easily I can lose it by accident or by getting mugged. I've seen people play their switch in pulic and I think they're incredibly naive or lucky a nigger doesnt see them.

>animal bracelets
He is talking about those things that were out like 10 years ago. Silly Bandz

LOL SILLYBANDS

haha what the fuck even were those

are you on about live strong bracelets?

i remember there being brawls over those things

Because I'm willing to accept your view but you don't seem to have much to say besides regurgitate what you've been told. I am always up for debate and I debate to expand my viewpoint and horizons.

No its not. The stock market (as a whole) has historically gained value since their creation, and massive business infrastructure has been built around them. They are part of a legit retirement / savings strategy.

Some pop culture kids dolls are not the same.

any idea why people drink this drug alcohol, with its adverse effects on the body and behavior, its the worst drug on the planet.

You’ll be surprised how theirs a small market of sellers and traders of those spinners. They just aren’t as popular as they were a few months ago

Hahaha nice edge surely you are a full grow adult to be able to make such a complicated and nuanced joke you sir have made me give quite a hearty chuckle!

>Han Solo
>no Corellian Bloodstripe
wtf

underrated post

>i could write a book about how much i hate these things
Because youre severely autistic

this image makes me very uncomfortable
these people really exist, dont they...?

Yea, I know of them, but I imagine it wasn't just one company making them, and people strived to collect all they made. They probably didn't go out searching for online weeks for a 'purple bunny' to add to their collection (for example). Or say, "all I need is this blue teddy bear bracelet !" and try to find out when stores are getting shipments.

But I also know a few hundred people who buy stocks just to have them, they have no intention of selling them. They just want to own them, just like these funko pops