Favourite "slow" / "soft" Pearl Jam song

Mine has to be indifference. Great end to the Vs. album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y5xRXcZOPvI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Come as you are

I can't fucking stand Pearl Jam and I don't get why people are so obsessed with them.
They are literally the reason bands like Creed or Nickelback exist. Hurdy hurdy durdy. Makes me cringe.

Nothingman

the first that comes to mind is Sometimes.
No Code is such an overrated album in their discography.

Nice opinion bud

oops, I mean underrated

The End

Off He Goes

And I'll agree about No Code being underrated. I'm a pretty big fan, but No Code is the only actually great album they've put out. If it was released by a band that wasn't Pearl Jam, Sup Forums would probably lose their shit over it.

>They are literally the reason bands like Creed or Nickelback exist. Hurdy hurdy durdy. Makes me cringe.
As true as it is that every buttrock singer sounds like a shittier version of Eddie Vedder it's not really a fault of Pearl Jam.

Yeah No Code is definetely underrated. Seems to be popular opinion that Pearl Jam's last good album was Vitalogy and everything after that isnt so good. I do agree that everything after No Code is a bit disappointing though

Would it be a problem of STP then?

I'm partial to Sirens. Breddy gud.

I think the main issue was that No Code was just too experimental for most Pearl Jam fans. They were expecting a rock album, and they didn't get it. To some extent, that was obviously intentional; at the time Pearl Jam was trying to be alienating and lessen their popularity. It's the same reason all of those weird songs and long intros are on Vitalogy, but No Code doesn't have poppy songs like Better Man that make make people look past that. So everyoen thought it was a bad album because it wasn't what they were expecting. The lack of promotion didn't help, either.

>I do agree that everything after No Code is a bit disappointing though
I agree, mostly because from Yield onwards their albums have all had a predictable formula and a similar sound. It seems like they kind of settled and just started putting out more albums that were weaker versions of Vitalogy.

Yield is still a decent mainstream rock album, but everything after the '90s has been totally boring and formulaic with not even good songwriting to make up for that.

Ten and Vs., to me, are 2 of the greatest albums in grunge, alongside Dirt and Badmotorfinger. Id probably say Ten is my favourite grunge album actually but a lot of Pearl Jam's music is also just mediocre, specifically most of the music after No Code

Indifference is a 10/10 song but my favourite slow/soft PJ song is Wash (the European bonus track realse version)
youtube.com/watch?v=y5xRXcZOPvI

STP had demos of Core before Pearl jam ever happened

STP only got a record deal after Pearl Jam was already famous, and everyone at the time regarded them as a Pearl Jam ripoff. Whether or not you agree, that's how it was seen; they were kind of the first band that was marketed like a post-grunge band.

I still cant listen to Bugs without it giving me anxiety

True, but I think they're a 50/50 blend of Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains