Did he live up to his expectation as Roberto Carlos' heir?

Did he live up to his expectation as Roberto Carlos' heir?

David Luiz is a CB not LB

>3 UCLs
>1 world cup
He did even better

Yes. Is he the undisputed best LB since Carlos. He has been arguably along with Modric the most important players for Real Madrid since they've been there.

Absolutely. And hes really a joy to watch even if youre not a Halal fan.

he surpassed Roberto Carlos in my opinion, he's arguably Madrid's best player

>le one season kneejerk post

Who is Pepe?

>one season
I guess you don't watch soccer

Roberto Carlos is insanely overrated.

he's the best player in the world and never dives

I remember him own goaling at the meme world cup so I always laugh when I see him but shit he's really good.

This
R.Carlos couldn't carry the offense as Marcelo is doing. When you put Marcelo in the same wing with a cracty player like Asensio or Isco he has a field day. A pity he is forced to play with Ronaldo that has become V. Nistelrooy or with JAJAJAmes most of the time

He's been one of Madrid's most important players for a long time now, it's thanks to him that Madrid can continue to function as a team carrying the mostly dead weight of Benzema and Ronaldo.

If the ball isn't in the final third those two are basically useless, literally sitting around waiting for a tap in and/or getting in other peoples way.

Marcelo has so much energy and creativity he's worth at least two players on the field, it's like playing with 12 men when he's on form.

That makes it terribly ironic that if they LOSE la liga this season it will be 100% his fault for not fouling Roberto in the 91st minute of El Classico when he had an easy chance to.

That was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever seen on a football field, and if they lose I think it's the biggest mistake in the last decade.

Stupid monkey

lol no
even Filipe Luis is better than him
he should have just demanded to keep playing as a midfielder as he started in real madrid, he can't defend for shit

he's a system babby

watch him do his forward runs for brazil and see what happens

Marcelo is the greatest LB I have ever seen.

But I started watching the game in 2006 which is better than most americunts can say

he's a good winger but an average defender

Fuck off.

Look what he does against top tier European competition game after game. The man is a genius.

i don't think his main job is to track back and defend all the time, even though he consistently does, averagely but he does it. He provides support on the attack and allows penaldo to drift inside and wait for the tap in. He's just there to do what penaldo should be doing.

better than carlos.

the best attacking fullback the world has ever seen

that's not true, and he would be rubbish at winger. he's at his best coming onto the ball from deep and driving into space. it wouldn't work if he was the winger

>muh le blooter wingback
this

maicon > roberto

yes I know one is a right-back retards.

>i rate Maicon

>muh le blooter left back

The guy who started bales career
>Efukt

no lol

>if you don't rate maicon you rate R.Carlos

>I only watched inter vs spurs
maicon was shit that whole season, this maicon killed bale meme is ultra casual.

sort yourself out lad

non argument

who do you rate?

Marcelo is absolutely world-class, best LB in the world today

>even Filipe Luis is better than him
>even
>implying Filipe Luis isn't top3 right now

Fuck off faggot

>full back
>system babby

Marcelo is the GOAT LB

I fucking hate Real but I have to admit Marcelo is a great player. He actually works on the pitch.

is he the only player who got a break from real for like two seasons? he was pretty bad but kinda grew into is a regular right before mou came along

he always had talent but was awful until pretty much the last two seasons

dont forget he's only 28. alex sandro is only goating up now, with 26 years, that is, the same age that marcelo became elite

this

>is he the only player who got a break from real for like two seasons?
benzema as well

mourinho didnt trust him early on though. he regularly used arbeloa over him in big games.

>EVEN
>EVEN

holy shit kid Filipe Luis is the best in the world right now.

this is like saying that EVEN suarez is better than benzema lol

Filipe Luis is the GOAT

Indeed. Roberto Carlos was basically Kolarov but with the kind of x-factor good for tv. Marcelo is a legit quality player.

Nobody ever rated Marcelo as a great defender just like how nobody rated Roberto Carlos as a great defender

yes

delet this