Britfags of Sup Forums, what do you think of my first attempt at Yorkshire Puddings?

Adrian King
Adrian King

Britfags of Sup Forums, what do you think of my first attempt at Yorkshire Puddings?

Other urls found in this thread:

geniuskitchen.com/recipe/gordon-ramsays-yorkshire-pudding-424498
mega.nz/#F!DpAz2IgQ!nW7bPNnpJFk5CAV3ypiaHw
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Jonathan Williams
Jonathan Williams

They look great. Where you from?

Matthew King
Matthew King

Colorado

Easton Taylor
Easton Taylor

Good job dude. They've risen well and they look crispy on top. Perfect.

Jaxon Fisher
Jaxon Fisher

thanks. they seemed a little doughy inside.

Gavin Walker
Gavin Walker

here's the meal. I know it's usually beef but chicken is what I had.

Matthew Martin
Matthew Martin

8/10 would eat

Kayden Kelly
Kayden Kelly

pic realated

Asher Sanders
Asher Sanders

also, I didn't take altitude into consideration. 5,300 feet

Grayson Moore
Grayson Moore

No bad but would have been better if they had risen a little more evenly. Good first attempt, though. The key to Yorkshires is to drop the batter into very hot (pre-heated) oil and get them into the over quickly to ensure a good rise.

Cameron Taylor
Cameron Taylor

Look a bit undercooked in the middle but look good. Did you use beef fat or butter? I've used both, they're both good.

NJ fag here born and raised.

Caleb Wright
Caleb Wright

Oven not quite hot enough perhaps. Or a slightly too short cooking time? One thing that can fuck them up is coming out of the oven into a relatively cool kitchen, but they usually sink in that case.

Jason Reyes
Jason Reyes

yeah, asked /ck/ and they said more oil less batter. Used vegetable oil, and it was hot enough the batter sizzled when I poured it in.
Here's the recipe
geniuskitchen.com/recipe/gordon-ramsays-yorkshire-pudding-424498
inb4 meme chef

Cameron Nguyen
Cameron Nguyen

This guy knows.

Colton Cooper
Colton Cooper

These need to be waaaaaay fucking thinner.
Not only does that let them serve their intended purpose better, but it also word them cook more evenly and therefore not turn out doughy on the inside.

James Johnson
James Johnson

Oil is better because it gets hotter.

Dylan Morales
Dylan Morales

apparently beef drippings is GOAT. going to try that next time.

Austin Hall
Austin Hall

yup, see

Carson Carter
Carson Carter

As a yorkshireman this thread is depressing... Il give you a tip the rest of the world, if your not a basic bitch, throw away your shitty little muffin pan.

Bentley Russell
Bentley Russell

I'm aware. you glorious winged faggot. It was a first attempt. If my thread is so depressing..
kill you are self

Gavin Baker
Gavin Baker

I wasn't having a go at you mate, they look fine. A bit thicc but some like like 'em that way ;)

Nicholas Hill
Nicholas Hill

They're popovers, individual servings. That's how I make them too and I don't give a fuck what some pompous britbong has to say about it.

Robert Torres
Robert Torres

ok. posted my typical Sup Forums response

Matthew Bennett
Matthew Bennett

Haha we are anything but pompus. More simple if anything, google "traditional Yorkshire pudding" and look at the first image

Alexander Martin
Alexander Martin

Britfag here and everyone I know makes them the same as you and OP. Go in any pub or restaraunt and it's the same.

Caleb Evans
Caleb Evans

Traditional is something different.

It's like NY pizza vs Neapolitan pizza.

Chase Morales
Chase Morales

Why is it pudding when it has flour in it?

Austin Evans
Austin Evans

Yes resteraunts make them this way because it is easyer even here, doesn't make it any more traditional.

William Rodriguez
William Rodriguez

oh yeah, and by "I'm aware" I meant I knew the tins were too small. My Nana's old muffin tins.

Sebastian Ross
Sebastian Ross

typical Sup Forums response.
gotta have a thread where we post these

Nolan Gomez
Nolan Gomez

because England says so

Ayden Howard
Ayden Howard

omg i recognise those gazelles...
i got some here! are they mass produced?

Angel Sanders
Angel Sanders

lel nailed it

Brandon Robinson
Brandon Robinson

Well no, but "traditional" was basically cheap food to fill up poor people. Surely it's moved on a bit since then? Although I have to say, a big Yorkshire full of stew is the best winter food in existence.

Liam Hernandez
Liam Hernandez

In the small vilages with big families you just do one big one in high rimmed pan and cut it, I can't blame anyone for doing it they way everyone else does but yeah. its a culture thing i guess kinda gets it

Cooper Kelly
Cooper Kelly

Fuck. I've got a couple of those too.

Angel Howard
Angel Howard

what

Nolan Stewart
Nolan Stewart

I mean, we still do it this way after generations. I guess its a "tradition" that is passed down but still if like I said before a quick google will show you.

Tyler Brown
Tyler Brown

OP here, Iv'e seen those. GBBO I think. I always thought it was 12 individual puddings.

Jaxon Murphy
Jaxon Murphy

its* fuck me

Jacob Fisher
Jacob Fisher

They are great man, Try making a bigger one next time, about the size of 4 you have there and put a few sausages in there to make "toad in hole".

Evan Cook
Evan Cook

I live in Colorado. So altitude becomes an issue when baking. That affected the outcome of my puddings.

Zachary Myers
Zachary Myers

Like I said, I don't blame you at all. Know one knows thats the depressing part

Eli Collins
Eli Collins

so, do you heat the oil/drippings, load the filling, then the batter and the bake for comfy deliciousness?

John Moore
John Moore

Yeah, I've eaten proper Yorkshire pud , when I was a kid we used to visit family friends in Halifax and it was a highlight of the trip. I'm from the Midlands and my mum only ever did small ones.

William Green
William Green

YES THIS, sounds good!

Gabriel Ward
Gabriel Ward

eat with cream or syrup. yum.

they should be crunchy not too soft. if you have to chew too much they are undercooked. yours like 7/10 a good start b

Nolan Barnes
Nolan Barnes

yup, user recommended leftovers with butter, cream and jam.

Samuel Ortiz
Samuel Ortiz

No i never asked my grandad but I assume he uses some kind of angel dust (yes its the same but bigger)

Brandon Rogers
Brandon Rogers

Maybe a no brainer, but I always make sure my oil is so hot that it seems like its smoking. Like, I preheat the oven, then put oil inside the tray and put that into the oven until its just started to smoke a little. Then, I dont touch the oven at all till its done.

Robert King
Robert King

right on. that;s why I came here , for tips to make them better. thinking alitle batter, filling and then more batter.
mfw angel dust is a nasty drug here in the states

Cooper Ramirez
Cooper Ramirez

here got a pic finally

Hunter Turner
Hunter Turner

would fuck

Dylan Walker
Dylan Walker

The best thing Sup Forums has done is make me want to visit England for the cuisine. Probably going later this year. (--oldfag Amerifag that has never been to Europe)

Levi Scott
Levi Scott

Thats a mighty fine tray of yorkys you got there my lad, good on you. Well done

Brody Williams
Brody Williams

avoid everywhere that has "ham", "ton" and "combe" in its name its like a game of the floor is lava.

Adrian Campbell
Adrian Campbell

dont call us europe at the moment. wont go down well

Henry Gutierrez
Henry Gutierrez

thanks m8tyboy
sorry bout the m8tyboy thing

Kayden Peterson
Kayden Peterson

englando is and always be in europe
its a continent

David Johnson
David Johnson

england=continent

Thomas Young
Thomas Young

S'alright me old pal fella me old chip pan mate Bob chap gent r kid geez buddy squire and the whole ten marbles

James James
James James

Are you trying to be retarded?
Europe is a continent england is in Europe
Even when we leave the European union were still in Europe

Isaac Robinson
Isaac Robinson

england is not in continental europe.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit