What do you guys think about a polygamous relationship?

What do you guys think about a polygamous relationship?

I know it's /b and 90% of you guys are betas but here is the truth everytime on a high peak compared toeverywhere else.

I got a girlfriend, finally, pretty cute, im in love.
For you guys who are firmly established to social conventions she is mostly a hippie.

I love her and wanna get a high amount of experiences with her - together.

Nevertheless i blocked all conversations about that topic. She said she can feel love ( sex included ) to more than one person and someday she wanna get back to this lifestyle ( polygamie )

I have a problem with that and wanna open a contraposition or at least a short discussion about that topic.

so /b

Lets go.

bump

Shes a slut And you will hate her for it someday

Almost always ends in a Trainwreck. And no, she isn't special.

Relationships take a ton of work way beyond sex. If someone can look you in the eye and say they can handle more than one real relationship, then I can show you someone who hasn't been in a real long-term relationship. There's lots of love, shared grief, fights, makeups, mistakes, forgiving, and soul searching in just one relationship over the course of a few years. And you are telling me she has time for more than one of those? And does she have a job?

>a polygamous relationship
its nothing

This is the only advice you need, OP. /thread

i think what she means is, that she doesnt get into a relationship with others at all. just that it could be that she feels a strong attachment to someone else someday and because her "love understanding" includes to get into that then, with sex aswell. no compromises. But she still "loves" me for what i am.

I think this is bullshit aswell but maybe its a nice idea from her point of view i can assume that love to someone doesnt include a claim at any point. ( ownership for your partner )

So, you are telling us that you have a nice hippy girl down to fuck you and everyone else? What about threesomes? Orgies? Is she into girls?
I don't know op, I can only see winning on this.

Polygamy is only natural as humans tend to get bored or uninterested with too much of one thing. Once you accept that you aren't anything special and can't be the ONLY one for her, it makes both of your lives easier since there is little to no build up to disappointment.

They could work, but it's a lot of work figuring out distribution of household responsibilities. Typically it's a well to do man with several wives who is in a position to support them. Not sure how one woman with several husbands would work in a standard western setting.

But if we're not talking marriage, we're just talking open relationships, and which case deal with that as you see fit. There's a lot of advantages to keeping a relationship closed, and some nasty shit that can spread among a network of hippies.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!!!!!!!!!! If you can manage the emotional rollercoaster and she is worth it. Go for it. I had something with a girl and it was the exact same situation. Beautiful and a dream. She wanted to be with others as well. It tore me up and I couldn't do it. I would suggest to find out what you really want. In life. Not just a relationship and follow your heart. Not your head. Godspeed user.

Yeah dude, don't let yourself get cucked. Fuck that.

You want other guys fucking your girl? Picture that for a second. Not cool man.

It's not how standard humans are meant to live. Only very fucked up or very rare individuals can live that lifestyle without feeling the negative psychological consequences.

Bro, it's not bullshit. The only reason you find it bullshit is because that's HER definition of love. I've been around this block so many times and people just end up calling me a cuck because they can't find an appropriate response.

Me: I can cheat on my girlfriend and come back home that same night with the same amount of love as before.

other: That's not love. You wouldn't do that to her if you really loved her.

Me: Oh, yeah? So you KNOW the definition of love and how it affects everyone? Awesome. Care to explain?

other: Well, everyone has their own definition of love so...

Me: . . .

It's just that simple, bro. People have views and that's that. Either adapt or break up with her and find another with similar views as you.

Subvert her need for men, get her to crave women.

profit

this guy gets it

it is certainly possible to love more than one person, although whether it is sustainable long term to be in a polygamous relationship with multiple partners is certainly debatable and unlikely, there are always exceptions.

as we mature emotionally we realize that loving someone means we recognize we don't own or possess them. it's voluntary, and that's why relationships are so valuable.

however, if it's obvious that you want a committed relationship with just you two, while she wants something different, to be with multiple lovers / partners, if it's clear you two have very different ideas and beliefs for what you want in a relationship, then it is unlikely it will work out long term. is the girl in the pictures your girlfriend? if so, she is very cute.. enjoy it while it lasts.. too bad coz it sounds like you're gonna get your heart broken OP. also, MOAR of the girl in your OP.

OP, Do you mean PolyAMORY?

Polygamy = 1 man, multiple wives
Polyamory = any relationship arrangement that involves more than 2 people

If she wants to bring someone else in, she's already fucking someone else, now she wants to make it ok. Polygamy cant work without male authority, and I doubt a hippy would want you running the show when it comes to other women, but oh wait, I bet she wants other men right.

Cheating on your partner is disrespectful to the relationship. You're running the risk of destroying it by getting another woman pregnant, if that happens your relationship is over. It has nothing to do with love.

Truth time OP

>I cheat on my wife
>I send dick pics all the time
>never thought I'd get caught
>random run of the mill fight occurs
>"user I know you're cheating on me
>prove it bitch
>one of my side pieces sent me a text while I was driving my wife to thanksgiving. Car ratted me out, my phone was unlocked bc google maps..
>kinda impressed she didn't show any emotion about it till a week later
>I have to stop fucking around
>didn't stop fucking around
>go on business trip for a week
>get home "I know you're still fucking around on me
>I turn the shit around to make her feel like a pos for spying on me
>tell her I love the other women like in the show "big love" that I understand Mormons
I kid you not, I fucking referred to a tlc show about mormons...
>she tells me she doesn't want to take that away from me
>she'll stop spying on me and let me fuck around

I told her I was a piece of shit, she can do better than me. That I would lie again if she asked me to stop, etc. She for some reason thinks there's something good about me....

And claiming to be with that one person even though you think of other people romantically, sexually, etc is NOT disrespectful?
Only reason why a relationship between two people is "destroyed" is because both of them give up everything based on a sexual act which humans are built for--all because of an insecurity. "He cheats on ME? How dare HE. I was supposed to be the only one based on a couple of exchanged words and wishful thinking."

>And claiming to be with that one person even though you think of other people romantically, sexually, etc is NOT disrespectful?
No, everyone has a sex drive and every adult knows that. It's disrespectful when you act on it.

It isnt about the ego, its about resources and investment in a person. If you knock up another woman, your gf's investment of time and energy in you was a waste and your resources are going to go to another woman.

That's kinda the rule. Dont bring back diseases and no bastards... wrap it up

That's the thing though, right. HER investment in me was a waste and I'M the one to blame? If she isn't fully aware of the fact that humans literally do what they want and then gets upset whenever they act on that then she's susceptible to everything she deserves.
That's how life is. Ignorance doesn't equate to innocence and a hand holding.

Right, except sometimes you slip. You get drunk or the condom breaks, it's putting yourself in the risky situation that's the problem.

So you tell her that you cheat on her? I doubt that. She's going to have to go through the trouble of finding you out, and when she does find you out, she's wasted time with you that she could've used being with a man that understands that sex has consequences. You're wasting her time and that is on you, no amount of rationalization will change that.

Monogamy is a powerful unnatural construct built to protect wealth and property. I contend that polyamory is the natural human state but there is so much opposing societal pressure that it doesn't end well most of the time. Basically humans have doomed ourselves. We developed from tight knit tribes that all depended on each other for protection and raise our children collectively so it didn't matter who the father was. Now we are all separated from each other and are never satisfied. One other person can very rarely satisfy all of the needs forever. This is the world we created.

What i think is not important, each country has a law for a reason, there needs to be more freedom and flexibility to allow people do as they fucking want. Why would anyone think differently? are you a dumb christian? then live in your christian communities and leave other people alone.

White people are fucking disgusting.

White dreads are the nastiest thing you can have on your head. Smells like you don't know what running water is.

>dreads are the nastiest thing you can have on your head. Smells like you don't know what running water is.
FTFY

No, I don't tell her. That ends up creating disharmony for no reason.
I don't know why you assume she's going to "go through the trouble of finding out" What is this? You're speaking as though I'm bringing women home to the bed with her there.
Sex has consequences? What are you talking about, man?

She's a skank bro. Dump her hard and quick. Make sure you don't get any stds. Also break up with her in a way that leaves her hurt and make sure you have a girl to go to.

some species are naturally monogamous. i think some humans are suited for monogamy, while others may not be. the most important thing is that adults are honest with each other and what sort of commitment or arrangement they want from the beginning. as long as it's consentual / voluntary, and people are honest with each other then what more can you expect. i wouldn't mind having a couple wives, and lots of kids. but i'm sure that has it's downsides as well. however i would not be cool with sharing my girl(s) with other men.. so it'd have to be something everyone is cool with and agrees to.

Agree. But white dreads are worse. They don't even try to cover it with coconut oil or whatever the fuck negroes put in their hair.

You dont tell her because she doesn't want you to cheat on her. So, when she suspects you, she'll proceed to to find out if it's true.

Sex has consequences, why is this so hard for you to get your head around? Pregnancy, it changes lives, and everyone thinks theyll be careful every time but that's not the way it works out usually. But dont listen to me, go on acting like a nigger and see what life gives you.

How does one go about suspecting, huh? ONLY when people are careless. Obviously I'm fluent in the art of manipulation as well as a careful planner.

Again, acting as if every man who sticks their dick in a vagina will have no self control and won't apply a condom to their fooling around. Come on bro.

You're obviously just inexperienced. It isn't hard to see when something is going on, and the smallest things you would never see coming give you away. Also, like I told the other user, even the best laid plans can fail and it only takes once.

> some species
I think every stat you look at would show you that humans do not belong to that list of species. People cheat and breakup as the norm, not the exception.
That being said, obviously if two people want to stay committed to each other that is perfectly fine, but to accept that as the normal expectation is just insanity.
I think one man and many wives was the norm in the past for a reason. It makes sense that there are alphas. Likewise, I think tight knit groups that all fuck each other and raise children as a community is a more natural state as well.

Tell her the truth, that you are afraid of losing her, and that she will love someone more than she loves you

Most of the relationships in your life are going to be temporary. Likely including romantic ones. It's possible this could become a life long union but that is rare. Recognize this and work your way out from there.

Take care of yourself first above all else. Be honest with you and who you are. Have that conversation with yourself fearlessly. Be self-aware.

After this sexuality, fetishes, and preferences can change over time. What you like, what you want, will need to mesh mostly with your partner. If swinging or sharing your partner is something you're comfortable with then great.

In my experience someone that is "polyamorous" has to make an honest mental commitment to dedicate to a single person. Or, they will decide to move on. Hopefully while being truthful about it.

Trust is a very valuable resource. Make sure you know someone. Love is also valuable. Maybe more. But it sure is dumb.