Me and a friend are doing an experiment

Me and a friend are doing an experiment.
What's the most important point in the picture?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_beauty_contest
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

blue

This one

dark or light pls

Either the point of greatest amplitude, the average, or the outlier; it depends on what you're looking for really. I know this doesn't answer the question like you want us to, but we kinda need more context. Give us a story.

>Ex 1: We want to find how much damage an earthquake did to a city. Here's its Richter scale readings.
>Then it's the point of highest amplitude.
>Ex 2: We want to find out how long it'll take a fighter jet to manoeuvre through some mountains, here's its velocity readings.
>Then the average is more important, in order to find the average velocity.
>Ex 3: We're looking for suspicious movement on a security feed, here's some data from a motion capture.
>Then it's the outlier, because that's where the suspicious activity is.

We're asking for the most important point however you see fit to decide, there's no specific statistic in mind and no right or wrong answer.

Maybe its just a trap lying down. His two boobs and his erect dick

1.) histogram describing the number of dogs winning a specific number of points at a dog contest

2.) histogram of the number people earning a discrete income (regressed to some fucked-up polynomial)

3.) wonky siezmograph

This part because it's the anomaly.

Orange one

In most things I have worked with, or wouldd be working with, the yellow band is the most important.
But as
said, it depends on what you're trying to get out of the chart.

I subscribe to Pythagorean Nihilism, so I can not answer, because everything is pointless.

ok ok. given no other information, what do you think other people would call the "most important" point on the chart? feel free to go full en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_beauty_contest if you want

fuck off notdavid, don't tell them shit

no u

I would have thought people would have said yellow but every single cunt in here seems to think the outlier is hugely important, but with most data set you fucking drop the outlier.
Including outliers in data sets can absolutely fuck your average and range.

the dip in the middle

OP works at the NSA meme department and is administering psychometric tests to establish a base-line norm. Answering him may have adverse consequences

the floor is in the green. buy there when there are huge buying volumes.

t. crypto trader since june

That's not true at all! Tell you what, give me your ip address and I'll not hack it as proof.

dark. It establishes the context of everything else in the graph.

all of it

this is now a spiderman thread

Red

green

The fact that there's anything happening is most important.

how so?

left, middle, or right green? lol i picked dem colors gud huh

I see that as the most important fact. That there's anything to record to begin with. There is an event.

The most important is the middle, the most interesting is the random spike on the right.

what if what's being detected is something that we know is happening, but we want to measure how much? take the dog contest example in

Green middle, blue middle, or yellow middle?

Blue I suppose, the gradual increase shows the most stable data, you can surmise what will create a sustainable increase and/or decrease.

In marketing I might look at the green question mark. That might be the saturation point, where everyone has the product I sell, and only has to replace it at the green question's rate.

I feel as if there's a statistics formula or mathematical observation to be had and you're trying to see if anyone else knows it. Different sciences might be concerned with very different aspects of the graph though.

That is, the last green question mark.

Nah, there's no specific observation we've made; we just want to know how people will answer for an excessively convoluted reason

dark blu

gotta kno wat it is right?

fuck off, you don't have any friends

None of them is important. Without proper labels or even axes, this is literally just a squiggle on paper with some lines and question marks.

Now, assuming this is a probability distribution or something similar, then the "most important" part would change based on the question you asked in the first place.

Blue question mark

Check and answer for whichever of those scenarios entertains you maybe?

The most important point in the picture is this point: You don't know what the fuck you're doing. Look at all of those question marks as proof.

Point made.

this one
stable point

The part that looks like a penis

the one with the "?"