I'm buying a car soon. What car should I get, Sup Forums? The only requirements I have are:

I'm buying a car soon. What car should I get, Sup Forums? The only requirements I have are:
>4 doors
>Good for a long daily commute but fun to drive
>Good cargo space, thinking 2 large suitcases or more
>2015 or later
>Budget US $40,000

I'm thinking about the Giulia but I'm open. Thoughts?

2003 Honda Accord

Alfas's are still b ad new user, not very well built, follow the herd and buy a BMW, it won't let you down

Thanks user. I know that poor reliability is their reputation but all the reviews I can find of the new Giulias say it's much better built than past Alfas. BMW is on my list, though I don't know much about the different models. Do you have a preference?

why not import jdm

Get an older M3, can't go wrong with M3 lineage, although parts/labor will be expensive.

Unless you like turbos, and self maintenance, get a subaru

Umm. Im hi and drunk rite bow.

Thanks user.

My dick needs sucking.

Get a 2018 toyota camry.
Get like 40+ mpg, 200+ hp, v4 or v6, good interior space and trunk space look pretty nice will last 20+ years with very few problems arrising.

I have a 2013 with only a v4 and like 180 hp and it has hella get up n go i go from 30 to 90 just on the on ramp getting on the highway

Normally I would push the Subaru STi, however since you are looking for a daily driver - get the WRX w/ the CVT transmission.

I had to pick up 70 cases of beer for my store one day and only had my STi , fit all 70 cases. Both the STi and WRX are same cars space wise. The new WRX's come with the new FA20 DIT engines so you are pushing close to 270+hp as is with that and if you modify the engine you can go much faster.

Super reliable cars, as well as the maintenance is so much fuckn cheaper than a BMW, alfa, merc, audi, etc etc.

With a budget of 40k you can get a fully loaded WRX, moon roof, drive assist safety options, full leather, the 2018's come with recaro seats etc etc

That being said, I have a pending order for a Giulia Quadrifoglio. They let me test drive one of those monsters and it was a special edition with a blue close to the subaru blue. Fucking amazing car. Kicks the shit outta the m3

Kek

Not opie, but as well, subaru's are fairly easy to mod, making it even more fun to play with. AWD handling is sublime for all-weather conditions, and car definitely can take a beating.

Common issues with the newer models is that the rods in the engine have known to blow (2015's). But assuming it's dealer it should be covered, if used, and past the 50k mile range, should be fine as well.

Oh and go manual with a WRX, nothing more fun than banging gears, and having full control of the car ;)

Get a Nissan Juke OP I know they look weird but they are fun to drive with, would recommend
t.Nissan mechanic

STi guy here

I ALWAYS recommend manual > CVT and totally agree with you there. I just don't know the kind of commute OP has - if its long distance but no traffic than fuck it, get the manual. But if he's like me where im in inner city where it takes 2 hours to go 30 miles cause of bumper to bumper traffic than fuck the manual get the CVT.

Nice. I actually used to own a 2001 WRX, but that was obviously like 15 years ago and haven't been in one since. I really liked that car a lot. Maybe I'll take another look.

I'd love to look at the Quadrifoglio but I think that's significantly out of my price range.

im getting a 1995 honda accord for 800 bucks is that a good price

OP here. I live outside a big city; commute is a combination of beautiful windy back roads and shitty highway traffic. Manual is probably not a good option for a daily driver.

Another user, but shieet, you'd be surprised, right now the 1999-2001 impreza is highly sought after right now. Not many were made, and the body still is reminiscent of JDM culture. If one does the turbo or as high as 6-speed conversion, one has a cheap AWD GTR.

You'll have a blast on the backroads for sure, as the handling of subaru's were made for rally style roads, aka twisty's. Traffic isn't too bad, just put her into a lower gear then let her roll, places with hills suck major dick for manual forsure....Fuck san francisco.

Get a 2014 jaguar, fuckers are going for 30 k I think

STi guy here

The WRX w/ CVT transmission would still be a good choice, the AWD and control you get with a rally car in those windy back roads is amazing and so much fun.

Another really good option would be a GTI VW, i believe you can get it auto with paddle shifters as well, good on gas mileage and fun to drive, only downside is not as much space as a WRX/STi

Giulia seems a good choice for me. It's the car I'd buy right now. Reliability shouldn't be that much of an issue on modern alfas, I have many friends that own recent models here in the EU and they're happy.

the Giulia is a great car, and its the redeemer for Alfa. I believe Motor Trend voted it best car of the year. Very good choice if you're looking for a four dour around 40k

But the BMWs are garbage now, when they threw away the inline 6, they threw away their reputation, unless its the M2, the M2 is the only good "drivers car" BMW has to offer, nothing more, nothing less

Chevy SS? It's a sleeper so it won't attract any unwanted attention

Was not aware they throw the inline 6 away....what year did they do that?

my bad, false info, they threw away the NA inline 6, and from what ive read and heard, theyre plagued with problems

V4 top kek

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL

BMW M3

Got myself an M4 about a year ago and I gotta say its by far the best car Ive ever had.

It might be a little over budget but Id recommend getting a used one anyway since its no fun driving slowly for the first 1000 miles.

>Good for a long daily commute but fun to drive
Definetly. Even gets a pretty good gas milage when youre not flooring it 24/7 bc turbo charged.
More than enough power, easy to drift but really comfortable on the highway.

>Good cargo space, thinking 2 large suitcases or more

No problem there.

>2015 or later
If you wanna spend a little more money that shouldnt be a problem, theres even a facelift version with new lights or a competition pack with a racier suspension, new/ bigger rims, more power and new seats.

>Budget US $40,000
Thats where it gets difficult. Used ones in good condition start around 50k depending on where youre buying it.

Pic related

That the Stinger or CTSV are great sedans

3 Series BMW

/THREAD

Is that Yas Marina blue?

Yes

>v4 or v6,
>v4
>v
>4

Why didn't you ask this in /o

What about a VW Golf R? Decently fast (especially with the DCT), more comfortable than the rivals, good space and makes decent power gains with a remap.

Buy a Honda Accord (I prefer the 2006 one) and put turbo on it
Turbo cost about 4500 with installation you will spend like 20k Max in buying the car,turbo and lips for the front of the car

Check out the ford fusion sport user, I drive the lesser 2.0 version and I'm pretty impressed.

ein DEUTSCHES AUTO!

Ask your dog

The SI version of the accord btw don’t buy the old guy one

Toyota RAV4

If you're under 30 and plan to continue making decent income don't buy, just lease, and if you buy, get something that has the highest residual value and lowest price depreciation over time.

Buy a BMW 3series

A Commodore would be the best choice

>Manual not an option
>Fucking Americans

Get a Ford Falcon ya cunt

No. Just no.
see

The barra is great, but ford interiors are crap. OP said he's doing a lot of long distances, commodores are better for that.

I just bought a ford focus ST , it's a lot of fun, gets 35mpg. FWD so snow isnt so bad but you cant really powerslide it as well as a RWD like your alfa.

You're just in the budget for a focus RS which is a pretty bad ass thing if you like hot hatches like that.

Audi rs6 really comfy and powerful + it has loads of space

Golf 6 R

This is a pussy magnet