Which one do you think is better? Why?

Which one do you think is better? Why?

TOTBL by a huge landslide

Strokes. No contest.

Is This It

Turn on the bright lights, only by slightly. Love them both.

I think TOTBL is better because I enjoy listening to it more

Both are entry-level rockist garbage

Silent Alarm

But between these two
TOTBL by a decent margin

strokes are fucking awful bullshit

interpol at least tried to stay true to a genre and have good musicianship

>Both are entry-level rockist garbage

TOTBL, of course

>mfw listening to NYC while taking an subway in the evening and looking towards Manhattan skyline

Correct answer

Both of these

Lot more variety and better song structure on TOTBL where every instrument had a highlighted moment of significance. Interpol by a landslide.

I see why ISI has the bigger legacy tho. I had better sustainability with radio play and approachable songs.

Strokes of course

Is that bad

this

Is This It is really overrated. Bright Lights is a fucking 10/10

Is This It would be a 10 if I were more into that kind of rock. Its honestly kinda perfect in a way.

is it fair to say that unless you live in NYC you can't understand these records ?

Yup

Well it depends, do you like Television cover bands or Joy Division cover bands?

top kek.

make a strawpoll or something OP. but i don't think it should be a contest at all. totbl is definitely the more impactful and sonically superior album.

Is this It, at least 3 megaclassics and a very warm fuzzy album where every song is enjoyable.
TOTBL is just dark and boring.
Is this it is upbeat and legendary within the first 5 seconds of the album when the drums come in on Modern Age.

the strokes claim to have never heard of television before making is this it. can you believe it?

how can they be so fucking pleb?

the one on the right cause it is actually enjoyable

Strokes are trash, anyone with some kind of taste should dislike them,

The strokes obviously

woah this is a tough call
i'm going to go w/ turn on the bright lights, just because it's a toss up btwn is this it and room on fire, whereas turn on the bright lights is their definitive album

my dude

totbl destroys is this it, no fucking contest. Just a much better album.

ding ding ding we have a winner

The one by Interpol is the only barely listenable one.

FPBP

Interpol is better, both are shit overall.

still no

Is This It by far

TOTBL is boring, ISI is one of the most perfect albums of the 21st century

I love both.
If I'm listening to Is This It, it's fine to approach it on a song-by-song basis IMO. Alot of well written catchy tracks off that album
Where as TOTBL is better to listen to as a cohesive album, largely due to the song order and general tone that facilitates late night listens.
Regardless, I think both albums will probably continue to be regarded as highlights of their decade, "entry level rockist garbage" or not it's hard to deny their respective consistency and quality

Interpol turned post-punk and somehow made it flat and radio friendly

I like Evil and that's about it

totbl
i listen to it p much every train ride home from uni

sorry, i thought both those bands sucked

This

Perhaps on a commercial basis though the other two albums have reached far greater acclaim and critics aside Silent Alarm features a notable drop in quality after The Pioneers. The other two albums are far more consistent in quality and both end on a perfect note, whereas Compliments drags and does little to add to the album, merely bloating it somewhat. Not to mention that She's Hearing Voices comes off as a very dull modern take on Joy Division's She's Lost Control. Kele's lyricism in general tends to be pretty miss save Helicopter and the edginess can become unintentionally humorous, especially worsening on their later LP's. That being said Matt Tong is a brilliant drummer to the extent where I'd say mixing aside he carried the band.

Bright Lights, but I never liked The Strokes. Every kid had a band that sounded just like them so their sound became over saturated before it even became popular. I feel the same way about The Growlers.

*mainstream popular

stfu

/thread

Both of them are only remembered because of nostalgia, they're not actually good

Is this it

Interpol ofc, basic stuff both, but Interpol is WAY beter.