Sup Forums discussion thread

who here thinks there should be a bot that auto-bans anybody who posts about hip-hop for being underage?

this board should be limited to those who can read sheet music

Yes.

Posting on this board should be a banable offense

This, but with metal

hiphop is very old. people are speaking (rapping) since they exist

Sorry but we can't be stopped, word to the Geto Boys

they should make it compulsory to have a tripcode

>would beat the Biz again
Nah.

>tfw you browse Sup Forums with a toothache

Posting with a tripcode means that ppl can read thousands of your stupid archived posts knowing it was you for the rest of time
Not good

Bring back elitism.

Beauty should be the core principle that binds the board.

I really don't care who talks about what because I tend to find something. I really don't care what really get posted here.

this baka

Isn't it quite a young and naive think to think that because you don't like something there can't be any quality in it? If you are over 18 you should have realised that by now. Pretty ironic post really.

How's lauren going my man?

dedicated report queue for tripgods

The quality of '''hip-hop''' posted on this board is objectively dogshit and I'm tired of people bending over backwards to defend it and justify it's continued presence.

When was that ever the case

Was it when people were circlejerking over metal
Was it when people were circlejerking over Cannabis Loving Tripfag's Patrician Charts
Was it when people were circlejerking about popular rap-rock combo the Death Grips
Great examples of that classic Sup Forums love of beauty

>Sincerely, the worlds biggest Vanilla Ice fan

you aren't so bad friendo. at least you're not having any long, obnoxious arguments about literally nothing.

Sup Forums was elitist around the beginning of the decade, maybe up until 2013-14.

I never said Sup Forums had ever emphasised beauty like it should, it was a suggestion.

if I'm in the right mood those are really fun, I don't see why you guys hate on them
nothing more fun than flexing on six nerds at once

mu elitism was completely dead by 2012 aside from trips shitposting at each other and had a resurgence in 13-early 14 but got nuked by janitor because we called his favorite music bad

why cant we ban KPOP threads from this board,over a decade on Sup Forums and its the only reason why im considering learning how to use filters
literally always on the front page

Musical quality can not be objective. If you think it can be, you don't understand the concept of objective/subjective in the first place. Face it, you're saying that you don't like it, and therefore it can't have any kind of quality. That's a very naive thing to think. This might sound like a stretch to you, but honestly, if you're going around looking at life through such a self-centred un-empathetic lens, you probably don't understand much about life at all.

wow dude you sure showed him by playing semantics on his hyperbole you fucking 14 year old

please don't start another one friendo, PLEASE. it derails everything.

its too late
always has been
always will be

Looool. What good is it to point out that it might have been hyperbole when the same point is the backbone of the argument?

I did prefer elitist Sup Forums to lmao memes Sup Forums-raided Sup Forums desu, but it wasn't good

Modernist and Post-Modernist definitions of art are absolute cancer, as is the idea that a perfectly rational person cannot see the difference between an irregular beat on a table and a structured arrangement of instruments.

You're right, I have no empathy for those who treat music without any respect at all.

Trigger: RACISM, ANTI HIP-HOP

NAZI PUNKS FUCK OFF

NAZI PUNKS FUCK OFF

NAZI PUNKS FUCK OFF!!!!

Well, you seem fairly set in your ways and I don't really care enough to try to change your mind. Out of curiosity though, what do you listen to?

I like classical, ambient, post rock, some alternative/indie/blues rock also.

I'm currently listening to the new Mogwai record.

all you need to do is click the arrow next to a post -> filter -> subject
zero effort and catches most of them

not gonna continue to argue some anons words but the gist is that calling someone naive for confidently asserting their opinion is childish
>I don't like it therefore there exists the possibility of it not having any quality
is a completely valid stance

Wow you're a huge pseud haha

nah your just retarded

The idea that music can be devoid of quality is nonsense. Even bad music has quality by virtue of showing what music shouldn't be

wow bud sounds like your making an assumption on the grounds that your subjective opinion holds objectively true for everyone and not just yourself

gosh golly gee how embarrassing for u

Tut tut, don't call me retarded for confidently asserting my opinion.

>your retarded

nah im not maintaining any pretense of formal discussion here
funny post tho

>75620220
{U}

Do you think the basis for what is subjective is also subjective or something? This post barely makes sense. Are you drunk?

>it is possible for a piece of music to have no redeeming qualities
>no its not thats subjective
>ok yeah but that doesnt preclude the statement
>no it doesnt because [subjective opinion]

extremely however i am not wrong

Thought so. You need to do some googling bud.

still waiting for you to disprove the possibility of a piece existing devoid of value

Lol, wait really? Do you actually want me to do that? Do you really want to be patronised like that and have such a simple fucking concept explained to you? I can't tell if you're serious or this is some unfunny joke.

i like getting in these arguments because there comes a point where you subconsciously realize that your wrong and i get to watch you deal with it

I am quite happy to explain to you how there is no possibility of a piece of music existing which is objectively devoid of value/quality, but only after you ask me to explain to you how. I want you to ask me, because I am actually embarrassed to have to explain something so simple without first being asked to.

>objectively
never said that

Ahahah. So you're saying this whole time what you've been arguing is that people can have opinions about things? Lmfao. Alright dude, nice chatting xx

does it embarrass you to act so stridently because you misread a simple post

Yep, I'm livid

its ok