>tell friends, response is "really? You know it's a shithole right?"
>don't believe them
>fly over
>it's a shithole
>absolutely fucking nothing worth doing here
>wat do Sup Forums?

Go home, sheepfucker.

Shoulda gone to summernats faggot

not that into cars, was gonna go to laugh at some bogans, but $75 to get in's a bit much, doncha think?

Just to laugh at bogans yes considering you can do that on youtube

stuck here until the end of the month, fucking sucks

for real though, is there a single fucking thing worth doing around here?

leaving is pretty 10/10

I was down there a couple of months ago. The area is nice but it's boring man.

it's your own stupid ass falt for moving to australia
australians are shit company, and just shit people in general.

any drug hookups sydney/central coast

I never said I moved here, I'm just here for a few weeks on assignment.
No need to tell me how far superior NZ is

>working in nz
>not knowing any better
/thread

Is there even anything to do in NZ? Canberras nice

Did you go to Sydney or Melbourne or meet people from there?
What country are you from?

well, yeah, nothing's stopping me from going somewhere better like Sydney for a weekend

>nz
>superior
If this were in anyway true half of your population wouldn't be over here doing scaffolding.

Canberra looks nice, but it feels dead and lifeless when you are there. Unless you like museums and shit, it can be pretty boring

>thinking any part of Australia WOULDN’T be a shithole

Why do people do this?

White nz people are pretty chill so I don't mind them here. I know a few and became friends with them.
For some reason hearing female kiwi accent is quite pleasing to me.

because Melbourne and Sydney are great places to be a tourist in

As a well travelled Britfag I like NZ more than anywhere on the planet, been three times.
Couldn't be more different than Aus if it tried

Yeah Sydney, you can drink alcohol, up until 1am then its off to bed-byes thanks to big daddy government.

not so much the brown ones eh?

Theres always a trade off parts of ozzy are great passing through is as much of a visit as i can take of canberra, brissy is nice hot and a bit quite, sudneys fucked, Melbourne is ok bit pretentious, perths ok but expensive and crime ridden, cairns is humid as fuck reefs dead and the nearest nice spots are a fair travel, darwin...abbos never been to the others

Be Canberra can confirm is shit hole
I moved here from coast for uni
Now i just work here
Most restaurants etc shut by 10pm

nightclubs and shit full of lowie chicks

If you like hiking and nature theres a lot to see and do.

If not shit outta luck my friend

Move to Sydney, northern beaches.
Only place worth a shit that isn’t being overrun by “African gangs”.

Go throw rocks at politicians, get deported and have a decent story to tell when you get back. Did I leave out get drunk? You should probably do that.

typical kiwi poor fag
the gov should send all these low skill deros back to NZ tbh

I earn six figures, not poor lol

yeah right and your having a cry about 75 bucks kek

Lived there for 3 years. There's plenty happening, just need to look for people that like the same things you like.
The surrounding area is good for being /out/ and everyone gets lit on weekends coz they are all rich public servants.

to watch some boring fucking cars drive around, yes

Lived in Canberra for 2 years and it was a very easy decision to up my job and move.

Like most people have said, if you love nature and museums, you're good for about a week. The hiking is pretty fantastic, but once you're done, the social life over there is pretty drab. Everyone acts like they have an air of superiority and because 80% of the populace there are public servants, prices are pretty inflated.

3 hour drive to Sydney
1.5-2 hour drive to Batemans Bay
3-4 hours to snow in winter

These are it's selling points. It's 'central' to everything. Not even Canberrans want to be in Canberra.

Foreshore has some nice places to eat and have a social drink though. So, there's that. Sorry dude.

Go to Fyshwick for sex to kill time. Not bad prices there oddly enough.

A perfect place for politicians

They're mostly entitled cunts that can't speak proper English due to the concussions from gang violence.

Well, it's not even that everyone is a politician. I was dating a girl who worked at the Edward Barton Building. Lovely building that does some environmental work in one of its departments. The Girl was basically admin; a receptionist, but she was in fact a public servant because of the location she worked. She just thought no one else could do her job, and she was earning around 60k for it. As a fucking receptionist answering phones.

That's what I mean by air of superiority. Did she work hard? Well, maybe. But 101 people could do her job. Right time right place I suppose.

But that's just me venting now. Go make some loud noise at 2am near the Bent Spokes Brewery so you wake my manager up. She was a cow.

Take some neat selfies in front of the government buildings.

I live in australia
pretty much what this guy said
And fuck me are they proud of their little to no achievements in history
They are actually proud of their contribution to ww1 when Britain basically used them as meat bags
Australians are second only to pajeets

Hiking yo,
From my House
5 minute walk to a popular mountain to walk up
5 minute drive to bush walks.
30 minute drive to some decent hikes
hour drive to caving and camping.

Getting out of Canberra is easy and not a shitfight congested city like Melbs or Sydney.

Our War Memorial is like fucking nothing else on the planet. Like seriously, that place is INSANE.

I.T. Jobs in Canberra pay highest in Australia. And are less competitive than other built up cities.

Pretty large culture of boardgame nerds.
BDSM Scene is lively.
Tindergame is pretty easy.
The Alt scene is a little hard to get into though these days with the lack of Alt clubs and such.
Public servants are a pretty dull lot though.

Long story short, Canberra is alright,
I'd say its fine for raising a family.
Sucks if you want to party all night though, I mean that element is around but harder to find.

Go to tolerant Tassie

This. Similar climate to nz as well.