Is it a sandwich, or no?

Is it a sandwich, or no?

I'm afraid it's not.

but it is you fag

Yes, but almost nobody looks at one that way.

That doesn't mean its not a sandwich

If anything made of bread with a filling is a sandwich, then hotdogs and burgers are both sandwiches.

If a sandwich is specifically two slices of bread with a filling, then no it's not.

Depends how wide or narrow your definition is.

How the fuck is it NOT a sandwich?

It depends on whether or not the bun has been entirely split. As soon as the two halves separate, it becomes a sandwich. Until that time, it is a stuffed bread dish.

It's a sammidge.

But anons, what if the hot dog is not a hot dog?

In Chicago they call it a "salad"

BARE tomato on a hotdog? I know there's ketchup, but you've gotta be fucking kidding me man

What is this green Stuff?

i never thought of it before, but yes it is a sandwich. the pieces of bread do not need to be separated to qualify as a sandwich.

relish

i agree with this enlightened user.

underrated

Also Sammich

but that's wrong. the pieces of bread do in fact need to be separated to qualify as a sandwich.

/thread

>he has to ask
Heh.

go to jimmy johns, those are sandwiches and the bread is split along the length and not separated. but even without jimmy johns, years of growing up around hoagie shops in nj inform me that bread split but not separated containing meat and condiments is a sandwich.

Technically, it is.

>putting ketchup on a hotdog
what are you, 5?

That’s a Chicago dog. Pretty standard for there.

are subs not sandwichs?

No, 12. Fuck you, I love my Tommy K

also subway sandwiches

condiments are cheap af, its an inexpensive way to turn a quick shit dog into a meal while you're on a walk through town

It’s inhumane

no sport pepper. you're not from chicago obviously.