Desu this album really highlights what is wrong with the current "jazz aficionado"(realistically amateur) reviewers on...

desu this album really highlights what is wrong with the current "jazz aficionado"(realistically amateur) reviewers on this site. people don't appreciate his return to simpler forms or really the entire aesthetic prefecture that brainfeeder is doing at the moment. really the average jazz fan on this board should just listen to metal because that's the level of maturity they are operating on where technicality is king.

I don't like the Epic because I think Kamasi Washington sounds bad.

truthfully i thought this project was really good but i’ve only listened to surface level jazz

thats perfectly fine but dont spent hours and hours trying to autistically "prove" that its objectively bad, something that you only sought out to do because hes popular as jazz artists go

desu this album really highlights what is wrong with all "jazz aficionado"(realistically amateur) reviewers on this site. people don't appreciate his beautiful tone, simpler forms or really the entire aesthetic prefecture that smooth jazz was going for doing at the time. really the average jazz fan on this board should just listen to metal because that's the level of maturity they are operating on where technicality is king

desu this album really highlights what is wrong with the current "jazz aficionado"(realistically amateur) reviewers on this site. people don't appreciate The Ramones return to simpler forms and beats or really the entire aesthetic prefecture behind real jazz like this. really the average jazz fan on this board should just listen to metal because that's the level of maturity they are operating on where technicality is king

I think it was an okay album but it was too long,you could've cut out half of it and it would've been a lot better than it is imo

Reminder that Ringo Starr saved jazz drumming in the 60's. Only gatekeeping elitists say that he's not real jazz and only snobs care about how technical drumming is. He's definitely the greatest jazz drummer of all time.

Fuck off elitists.

Kamasi Washington is way too complex and only faggot teenagers who just care about wanky complexity listen to that shit.

I only listen to one jazz artist who's too patrician to even mention to you plebs who care so much about complexity. He just released a 7 hour album of him only playing 2 notes on the saxophone backed by a drummer who's never even played drumset before.

Had some Sup Forums tier humor to throw out but gave the album a listen. It definitely hearkens back to a lot that I like about jazz unfortunately it doesn't do any of that super well or with originality.

jazz-saver general?

What's everybody's favorite Kenny G album?

How dead do you think jazz would be right now if he hadn't saved it in the 80s?

The Epic is bad because I don't like it.

I tried to like him but he's just too complex. I really only like jazz artists who play less than 3 notes per solo. Anything more than that is just a wank fest for faggots who only care about complexity.

it is objectively bad though

Kamasi Washington sounds bad and I don't like him

why?

EVERYONE LISTENING TO KAMASI SHOULD JUST LISTEN TO FUCKING PHAROAH SANDERS AND REALISE WHAT A GOD HE IS, AND WHAT A WEAK COPY KAMASI IS

WOAH dude! Why would you ask me something like that? Don't you know where you are??

Here on Sup Forums anybody who talks about WHY they like or dislike something is immediately labeled a snob who only cares about complexity. Music discussion here is strictly limited to saying that you do or don't like something.

Get your mind out of the gutter my man!

Man just the other day at my university I was telling this qt girl how into jazz I am and about how Ringo is the greatest jazz drummer ever. Then this faggot music major who thinks he's cool because he knows about scales and chords butted in and tried to tell me that Ringo wasn't that good of a drummer and then he said he didn't even play jazz! So fucking typical.

But luckily I just put my fingers in my hears and started screaming
>ITS BAD BECAUSE ITS NOT COMPLEX
over and over again in a retard voice until he got scared and left, probably to go change his major.

Needless to say the qt was pretty impressed so we went back to my place and had actual sex.

Where do you people find these pastas?

Quads confirm Beatles for best jazz quartet, techniqueists btfo.

pharoah sanders is shit too

good thread desu

10/10

top kek

There's a difference between not relying on technicality and lacking so much basic technique your art suffers.

So I'm allowed to hate Kamasi Washington and his music and think it is absolutely awful as long as I never ever talk about why?

Correct. And the absolute worst sin you could commit on Sup Forums would be to back up your reasons with factual and undeniable examples.

>"jazz aficionado"(realistically amateur) reviewers on this site.
kek I wonder who you're talking about

>I really only like jazz artists who play less than 3 notes per solo
>solo has more than 1 note
lol just fuck off and go listen to metal you complexist
(I think metal is complex)

you might have an intolerance to eggs

that's kind of how it starts

try not eating eggs for a few days and see if it clears up

>probably to go change his major.
Fucking lol

Imagine being so emotionally troubled that you can't even stand to hear objective facts about music that you like.

>forgetting you're on Sup Forums