Now that the dust has settled, how do you rate his career?

Now that the dust has settled, how do you rate his career?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7OLy3dNl2QA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Would have no rings without kg and Ray

Pretty clutch tho

F-

overall historically irrelevant player who stat padded on a bunch of shitty teams for years and then got a superteam and finally won a ring.

basically chris bosh

Top 100 player of all time

>wheelchair man

I think his ring in 08 changes the way hes remembered

In his prime he was a Melo-esque chucker who did not make teammates better

Id say career-wise he is a Hall of Famer (Not that it means anything in basketball) with a reputation for big shots

1. Lebron
2. Bird
3. Truth

I sure won't miss Mark Jackson going PAWWWL PEEEAHHHSE once a minute every broadcast

he's very very good
slow and bulky but has monstrous technical ability and basketball IQ
definitely hall of famer, top 50 of all time maybe even

Jordan
Lebron
Kobe
Magic
Kareem
Hakeem
Barkley
Stockton
Pippen
Malone
Dirk
Wade
Allen
Duncan
Bird
Shaq
Wilt
Garnett
Thomas
Name 31 more that are better

>No Curry
>No Harden

I said name 31 better
those were just off the top of my head

If he didn't get a ring he probably wouldn't be remembered that much

Paul Pierce is kinda forgettable. Even on the 08 championship team I think of Garnett first. Although Pierce did come up huge in Game 7 of the 2nd round against the Cavs, where he outplayed a prime Lebron and saved their season.

He's a hall of famer in basketball, but he probably wouldn't be if it were as selective as baseball or football.

bretty good player, 08 chip definitely gives a big boost to his legaacy and he'll probably be remembered as a teamkiller with big shots more than anything (RIP Rapties)

Just go to bleacher report and find the top 50

>Prime Lebron
>28
Lebron didn't hit his prime until his second year in Miami, in fact the majority of players hit their prime at 28

Eternally based just for the fact that he genocided the Leaf menace two seasons in a row on two different teams.

As a Lakers fan, I always respected him, he carried the Celshits during all those years, and when they finally surrounded him with some legit talent, he proved his worth immediately. Bonafide superstar.

FUCKING FAGGOT WHO NEEDED A WHEELCHAIR TO BE CARRIED OFF THE COURT BECAUSE HE WAS FAKING AN INJURY

PUSSY ASS BITCH WITH UGLY ASS TEETH AND PUBES AS FACIAL HAIR

He is elite
and he btfoing the bandwagonner fan was pretty nice
youtube.com/watch?v=7OLy3dNl2QA

Top 20 SF of all time.

PP was the 1st option on offense. You obviously are too young to have watched any of those games if you think PP was forgettable.

*gets stabbed*

You now remember Antoine Walker

I've never liked him. He bitches to the refs constantly, only tries when he wants to make himself look good and flops all the time

I've always likes KG and Allen more

KG
>goat defender, great floor general
Allen
>great shooter off the ball
Pierce
>the guy who can get his shot and break down the defense

The Celtics Big 3 was a perfect match in chemistry, unlike the Heat Big 3 which only succeeded because LeBron was so good and carried everyone else.

Calling them a big three was a cancer that is still ruining NBA. Fucking 3 role players at that point.

clutch as fuck
not just one of the greatest scorers in the NBA, but one of the greatest Celtics scorers
lot of his young prime years wasted on bad teams that had little chance at titles
came out of college with a lot more fundamental skill and intelligence than most kids these days
his career could have been better had he taken care of himself better in his early 20s. he and antoine used to feast at McDs.
also, he played a lot of his prime on teams with bad point guards and therefore spent too much energy playing point forward in key times.
unfortunate that he came up in an era with a bunch of long, tall superstar SG/SF types. Always overshadowed by Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Kobe. this hurts the perception of his ability
got stabbed and lived to tell about it and keep playing
he had some epic matchups with kobe, prime ron artest, and others that I'll always remember

A HoF player who was fun to watch. It was really impressive how he got wherever he wanted on the floor with his old man game.

whofuckingcares/10

is he even a top 10 celtic

>LeBron was so good and carried everyone else.
LeBron and Wade had prety similar stats the first 2 years

this video makes me sad desu

shit his shorts/10

He's a million times more clutch than Kobe, don't @ me. I'll rate him at around 35ish overall all time.

Great player with goat mid-range game.

B-

borderline HoFer

Name someone who does pump fakes better than Paul Pierce? His little pump fake then three was a top meme back in the day

Celtics career: Put up good stats on bad teams. Didn't win until KG and Ray Allen bailed him out.
7/10

Nets: Pitiful attempt at ring chasing. Destroyed the Nets franchise and future
2/10

Wizards: Pitiful bench player with inneficent shooting

Clippers: Pitiful attempt at ring chasing on a mediocre team. Goes out with a whimper

Career rating: 5/10

(You)

He was decent for the Nets, he didn't regress that much even with the offense not centered around him anymore and with more scorers.
Wizards he was clutch as fuck, I know Wizard fans can attest to that
Clippers he's literally an old man

I don't think it's fair to judge him too harshly on his post celtic career

It's just hard for a lot of guys to quit even though there body is done and theres always some team willing to sign Brand Names to sell tickets.

Same Reason I don't knock Kobe too badly for sticking around for too long.

Kobe could have been good as a Joe Johnson type player. But his ego wouldn't allow it. He had to take 25 shots a game even if they weren't good shots.

>borderline HoFer
top 20 scorer all time is a borderline HoFer?
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

His ego wouldn't have allowed is fucking right, are you fucking kidding me? You think Kobe Bryant should have just been some bum ass role player? Get the fuck out of here. Kobe's entire reason to live and legacy is merciless kill shots again and again and again without remorse or regret, he's a fucking warrior poet reciting his own personal Iliad and you want green eggs and ham? Nigga PLEASE

>he's a fucking warrior poet reciting his own personal Iliad and you want green eggs and ham
It's monday morning but you made my week with this my man

>Lebron didn't hit his prime until his second year in Miami
damn straight

My captain

the last of the old school trash talk in your face beat you iso players, was one of the more creative finishers of his era. clutch player. prob not the first guy you build your team around, but you go to war with him. has the respect of all his peers.

Pump Fake then Jump into Defending Player/10

Borderline top 50 player

9/10

but much better than chris bosh

PP was just as good as Kobe

will be forgetton

TRASH, literally got BTFOd by Kobe 9/10 times, 08 was a fluke.
Got carried by KG and Ray for his incompetence, ray allen is the real clutch player on that chip team

Paul Pierce is trash

Tmac, vince or paul? I'd say vince due to longevity.

All time great. If I were tl rank him in players of his generation.

1/2. Kobe/Tim
3. Dirk
4. KG
5. Nash
6. Iverson
7. Pierce

So he is 7th of his generation. Ahead of Allen, Kidd, Vince and Tmac. Tmac gets out because of injury. Think its realistic. Everyone above him won MVP.

peak peirce was when he and walker would go nuts like two games a season.

All time great, one of the greatest clutch shooters the NBA has ever seen

KG should be above Dirk and Kobe.
T-Mac is just shit.

Pierce and Garnett got fucked over by the fact that Doc Rivers is a shit coach. Should have won multiple championships

reminder ranking basketball players is sillier than ranking any other major american athletes.

total points is meaningless

ppg he is only top 70

>KG
>Above Kobe

KG played much better defense and he could run the offense. If Kobe didn't get drafted by the Lakers he'd have an Isaiah Rider style career.

cool nickname

He made me a Celtics fan.

This is embarrassing. Ray Allen? Go back to cricket or whatever sports you people are into.

>dust has settled
As long as Doc "one year wonder" Rivers has a job, I don't consider Pierce retired

didn't he get stabbed a lot

That chick is disgusting. Respect

Nice proxy, Masshole. Not even in the top 500.

>KG played much better defense
cmon neffew

also kobe wasn't technically drafted by the lakers

>thanks for the millenial meme players
Didn't name the Admiral, Pistol Pete, West, etc

>Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter,
I don't think anyone sees either of those 2 as better than Paul Pierce.

>Now that the dust has settled, how do you rate his career?

GOAT Jayhawk since Wilt.

His teammates were mostly scrubs outside of Antoine Walker.

>putting kobe 3rd on the list

really fun to watch in his prime, 9/10

>KG
>Ray Allen
>Rondo
>Scalabrine

Fucking scrubs man.

He played for the Celtics a long time before 08. His championship window with those dudes was really only like 08-11

pretty fun to watch, clutch, but nothing World Class like KOBE, LEBRON OR JORDAN

he is great tho

i know right? he should be number 1